Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do Raptor Moments Fit into TNT All Decade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do Raptor Moments Fit into TNT All Decade?

4 weeks have passed since the voting began for TNT's All Decade Performances; Raptor appearances to date: 0

Looking at the rest of the categories, I see some potential for Toronto to get some recognition (possibly):

Vote 7: Playoff series - so there have been some great playoff series this past decade, but Toronto-Philly in 2001 East semis is arguably one of the better ones and hopefully Toronto will come up in this category; that series would have my vote
    Vote 9: Buzzer beater- regular season - Mo' Pete vs Washington - enough said
    Vote 10: Posterization - regular season - as much as it may make us Raps fans cringe, VC may possibly be nominated in this category- but if that means national recognition for the raps, i'm all for it
    Vote 12: All-Star Saturday Dunk - i think hands down this one goes to VC with either his first 360-windmill or 3rd between the legs dunk

Opinions/thoughts on the merit of these possibilities? I'm really hoping the raptors-sixers series is highlighted because that series truly was one of the greatest
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

TNT has trouble remembering what teams exist in the NBA! lol
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

What?! There is a NBA team in Canada? SInce when?
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

The only one which has a chance of making it is Vince's dunk competition. As much as we love the Raptors, we have a sorry history of being on TNT, let alone doing something great when on it.

Comment

Well, Vote 7 is up on nba.com's TNT all decade moments and surprisingly, the Raptors were a part of it! The Raptors-Sixers playoff series is nominated, albeit in a very tough set of playoff series over the decade. Raptors fans still cringe at the game 7 shot by VC to this day; who knows how far that 2001 team could have gone had that shot gone in - (Raptors-Lakers finals?)

This year, the NBA will get a chance to see our Derozan on display at the dunk comp on Saturday (yes, I'm penciling him to win the dunk-in on Friday already) and hopefully he puts on a slew of dunks that will make us all think, Vince Who? The Vote 12 for All-Star Saturday dunking will not be for a while but it is nice to see Toronto receiving the recognition for that amazing playoff series against Philly.

My next prediction was for Mo Pete's buzzer beater at Vote 9.........although the number of amazing buzzer beaters over the decade is great, I think the Mo Pete one fits right into the list of top contenders

http://www.nba.com/alldecade/vote7//
          Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Working...
          X