Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dampier Released - Should The Raptors Dump Someone To Sign Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jbml wrote: View Post
    Raptors in the running according to SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ent/index.html
    Thu Sep 16 02:41am PDT
    Rockets offer Dampier two years

By Mark J. Miller

Erick DampierThe Charlotte Bobcats waived center Erick Dampier(notes) the other day and he already has an offer from the Houston Rockets for two years and $4 million, according to a source of the Houston Chronicle
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba-270104
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Miami is going to offer Dampier a chance to go down in NBA history while starting alongside Bosh, LBJ, Wade- immediate NBA title contention plus Miami weather. Miami will be better able to match up against the bigger front lines of preseason NBA title contenders like Boston (SO'Neal, JO'Neal, Perkins, Davis, Garnett, Erden), Orlando (Howard, Gorat, Bass, Ortin) & the Lakers (Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Caracter, Ratliff) if they are able to sign Dampier. I sure, hopefully, Dampier isn't hurting for money as he's made a tens of millions over his career and will take advantage of the opportunities Miami offers him as a player.

Miami could have a very veteran laden roster especially if Stackhouse gets on as he has been politicking for:

*C: Dampier/Anthony/Magloire/Ilgauskus
      PF: Bosh/Halsem/Howard
      PF: James/Jones/Stackhouse or Butler
      SG: Wade/Miller
      PG: Chalmers/Arroyo/House

With this projected Heat roster Bosh won't have to play ANY center minutes and the Heat depth will save his knees, body over 82 games and the playoffs. The Heat will most likely be deeper (roster depth) than Atlantis is a few days......
      Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X