Simmons Nudges Raptors Fans in Recent Column on Gold Medal Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons Nudges Raptors Fans in Recent Column on Gold Medal Game

A few quotes from Bill Simmons' recent column on the WC Gold Medal game that gives a nudge to Raptors fans:

4:00: Turkoglu hits consecutive 3s to give Turkey a one-point lead. Looks like he's in shape again. I'd say he will be the most hated visiting player in Toronto this season, but he'd have to drive a Zamboni over Dion Phaneuf and Phil Kessel to wrest that title away from Vince Carter.

2:44: Durant for 3. Tie game. He's 4-for-5 for 11 points. With 15,000 Turks screaming at him. Nice little road test for him. It continues to be funny that Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh decided this experience couldn't have helped them as basketball players.

10:00 (fourth quarter): ESPN comes back from a commercial with a shot of a disgusted Hedu Turkoglu, as Fraschilla points out that he only played three minutes in the third and the coaches "seem disgusted by him." Everyone in Toronto nods knowingly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100913

I enjoy Simmons’ weekly column - usually there each Friday - but none more than when he writes about hoops.

Yeah, Simmons is good at times. Durant is going to be the best player in the league this year. I can't say enough good things about Kevin Durant.

Comment

3 minutes? Hire that Turkish coach! What balls. Gold medal game in Turkey and he benches the local demigod? Or was it a foul problem. It certainly wasnt because Hedo wasnt trying.

Comment

LOL, if the team needed a coach who would give anybody the hook at any time then they wouldn't have fired Sam Mitchell.

Comment

His 1000 page book on basketball is excellent too. He really really hates VC and says that Raptor fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans out there.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            His 1000 page book on basketball is excellent too. He really really hates VC and says that Raptor fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans out there.
            Don't tell that to FAQ!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah, Simmons is good at times. Durant is going to be the best player in the league this year. I can't say enough good things about Kevin Durant.
              You won't get any argument from me on this
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

once you get through the obvious celtic pride at the beginning its a fantastic book.. but those first 100 pages, it seems like he says either "Bill Russell" or "Larry Bird" every other sentence.

Comment

It is just that some of those Raptors fans think Andrea Bargnani is the best thing since sliced bread and Sam Mitchell is the worst Toronto Raptors coach ever for benching their Bargnani when he overachieved with filled with scrubs roster and could have gotten the best roster, he ever had with last year's team, possibly guiding them to a 47-50 win season. .

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    It is just that some of those Raptors fans think Andrea Bargnani is the best thing since sliced bread and Sam Mitchell is the worst Toronto Raptors coach ever for benching their Bargnani when he overachieved with filled with scrubs roster and could have gotten the best roster, he ever had with last year's team, possibly guiding them to a 47-50 win season. .
                    lol, I'm dying here with these ridiculous metaphors people use in this thread, stuff like "raining as hell" are just filled with irony and idiocy combined at the same time. oh, no wait, that doesn't make sense either, f!_!(k it

Comment

Working...
                    X