X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barron Davis Up For Emmy - Really

Clippers’ Davis vies for Emmy for gang documentary

By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP National Writer 1 hour, 8 minutes ago

Dear Emmy voters, Baron Davis(notes) regrets to inform you that he won’t be able to attend the awards ceremony for his documentary film on L.A. gang life.

By then, he’ll be busy with his other passion.

The Los Angeles Clippers point guard will already be at training camp when the Emmy awards for news and documentaries are handed out in New York City next Monday.

From afar, though, he’ll be rooting for the film “Crips and Bloods: Made in America,” which is up for best documentary. Davis served as executive producer, putting up the money and providing entree into a world that he escaped from— largely because of basketball—but hasn’t forgotten.

“This is very prestigious,” Davis said in an interview with The Associated Press. “We’ve really been able to tackle a subject that’s kind of been picked on, but we’ve been able to tackle it and really shed some light on it from both sides of the spectrum. We want to let people formulate their own opinions about what’s going on in this country and in the impoverished communities.”

cont here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Well good luck to him cuz it'll be the only award he wins in his career.

Now I must go use the powers of google.

Comment

Chris Bosh is probably filled with jealousy right about now.
      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
      X