Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YGZ® Put Presure on Bargs as They Attend Maple Leafs & Argos games in 4 day period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why can't they do that during the season, like on roadtrips, why does it have to take place during the off-season? When you were in little league, did you have team functions during the season or during the off-season? I remember a few years ago in the 06-07 season, when we had like 9 new faces, the team went out as a team to movies, dinner, etc. during road trips to get familliar with each other and build cohesiveness and chemistry. If they can do it throughout the season, then why should it matter if they leave it till training camp/ beginning of the season. I'm sure with a lot of NBA'ers, their off-season is full with a lot of PR engagements and /or in the case of our foreign players - national team duty. This shouldn't even be an issue. Some are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    That`s exactly what I`m saying. If they needed more time to come together before the season started, then they would start training camp earlier. The one guy said it himself, he`s a few days early for training camp. Sounds eager to me, at least he`s not late. Leave the big italian alone, he`s a good player. He didn`t ask to be picked 1st overall in a weak draft class. Not every 1st overall pick has to be the second coming of christ.

Comment

[QUOTE=SirChillyMost;42397]It's beyond funny how some folks try to relate their and/or Societal employment in general to that of an NBA player- get a grip on reality. Unless you are in a related profession (NFL, MLB, NHL, etc) save all that facetious drama straight up- period no comma needed.

- I like the way you put me in my place, with your full-out spelling of grammar. I`ll be as facetious as I want thanks.

``Btw, if you have ever played team sports then you would over-stand that hanging out together and other off court team related activities (bowling, paintball, movies, dinner, BBQ, etc) can help to build team chemistry which was apparently an issue (alleged US/International player divide) last season in the locker room, which may or may not have affected TO's on court play & effort at times last season.

Heck, in little league we used to have team sleep-overs, camping trips and other types of team outings all the time as they help to bond the team outside of their said athletic arena on a more personal level.``

- I did play team sports. Most of my youth. I hung out with the guys from my team - during the season. In fact, I was good friends with most of them, but that didn`t change the fact that we had different friends and for the most part went to different schools. We didn`t need to spend every second together (especially when we weren`t even playing the sport) to be more effective as a team. Practice did that. In fact, I played with a few guys I can remember who we hated each other`s guts, and it didn`t spill over into the game because we enjoyed playing and respected each other`s games and the team as a whole. And I was a teenager. These guys are grown men. They don`t need to play paintball together in August to win a championship in June.
      Last edited by ImissDelfino; Wed Sep 22, 2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: I messed up the quote.

Comment

Why can't they do that during the season, like on roadtrips, why does it have to take place during the off-season? When you were in little league, did you have team functions during the season or during the off-season? I remember a few years ago in the 06-07 season, when we had like 9 new faces, the team went out as a team to movies, dinner, etc. during road trips to get familliar with each other and build cohesiveness and chemistry. If they can do it throughout the season, then why should it matter if they leave it till training camp/ beginning of the season. I'm sure with a lot of NBA'ers, their off-season is full with a lot of PR engagements and /or in the case of our foreign players - national team duty. This shouldn't even be an issue. Some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Unfortunately, on this forum there are some who don't seem to have anything better to do with their pathetic lives than make a mountain out of a molehill. They have a "special" skill for turning a non issue into a diatribe of stupidity and ignorance. This will end once camp begins and preseason games commence where the cream will rise to the top and this ridiculous non issue will be long forgotten...

Comment

Player's can and do get together in season I can remember seeing Sonics & and their opponents all around town at the movies or mall together in their little in team cliques- fair enough. But what's wrong with building a little pre camp team chemistry- especially given all the off season roster related particulars? The sooner the team can come together as a unit the better.

I can over-stand why Evans (Evans has been in and out of TO this past couple of weeks) & Jose may be lagging into town given that they were almost traded away by BC this summer but 5 days away from the start of camp everyone should be in town or on their way into town aka the TDot.

From Little League baseball to Gil Dobie football to AAU basketball to HS and throughout my athletic college career I have experienced many different types of team building activities. I played 3 sports as did most of my friends thus we were all mostly on the same teams until HS & College hanging out together year round which payed off during games more than once as we didn't even have to speak to know what the other was thinking while competing against competition.

As I have posted before most NBA players who live outside of said NBA team city begin coming into said NBA team city around the beginning of September to get ready for training camp- have been doing so since Lonnie Shelton was a Sonic. When you have the top players on your team reporting early than not it sends a clear message to all those on the roster, in the front office & in the stands about the desire to compete in said arena.

That's the problem with alot of International players- dual loyalties- you can't worship 2 G-Ds as the old saying goes......

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
            That`s exactly what I`m saying. If they needed more time to come together before the season started, then they would start training camp earlier. The one guy said it himself, he`s a few days early for training camp. Sounds eager to me, at least he`s not late. Leave the big italian alone, he`s a good player. He didn`t ask to be picked 1st overall in a weak draft class. Not every 1st overall pick has to be the second coming of christ.
            Usually most NBA teams unofficially start getting together at the beginning of September- have been doing so since Freddie Brown was a Sonic, to start informal workouts before training camp begins. Now you know.....

He didn't ask to picked #1?lol Leave him alone?lol He is a good player, true enough, but he's not a great player like a true Franchise player should be....Il Mago......is str8 up perpetrating fraud.......as the Franchise......player....

Btw- I don't relate sports figures to Religious figures- I'm not numb to reality thus I'm a follower of not a fan aka fanatic of anyone and I don't look to athletes as idols, role models nor icons.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
              The season hasn't even started and I am already sick of posts that are trying to polarize the team. Unless I missed something, I don't recall Bargs having any issue with the young guys on this team. When did it become Bargs vs. the Young Gunz?
              No, apparently no actual friction between them.... so it's more likely a mental masturbation by some groupies with too much spare time and who cannot manage the tension rising while waiting for the start of the season (!). Therefore the compulsory and repetitive neurotic thrust, and the obsessive recurrent topics.

Just saying...

On the other hand, we will soon see if the Young Buns will be consistent with their pre-season franticness and be able to play some ball, or if the Raptors will be forced to play Wright, Alabi and Andersen come November...
              ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                I don't think we have to listen to "our leader Arse" cuz he isn't a leader to anyone. He is just a blogger who has his opinion, which we could agree/disagree with.
                Yes, but be aware, Arse hasn't replied at all to this. I think he still has useful hands for his keyboard (except for the shift key if not fixed yet...) to respond by himself on any subject if he wants, and he didn't mention the fact of outsourcing his image protection on this forum to any counsel for the defence, who on the other hand are all the same there and go off like triggers any time a critic is raised. I believe they're not doing him any favor with those not requested apologies, since he has a strong voice and a lot of ideas by himself. At the end of the day, who still needs praetorian guards?
                Just saying...lol
                ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                  Usually most NBA teams unofficially start getting together at the beginning of September- have been doing so since Freddie Brown was a Sonic, to start informal workouts before training camp begins. Now you know.....

He didn't ask to picked #1?lol Leave him alone?lol He is a good player, true enough, but he's not a great player like a true Franchise player should be....Il Mago......is str8 up perpetrating fraud.......as the Franchise......player....

Btw- I don't relate sports figures to Religious figures- I'm not numb to reality thus I'm a follower of not a fan aka fanatic of anyone and I don't look to athletes as idols, role models nor icons.
                  I think it's the fans and sports writers who put the label of a franchise player on him, just out of sheer panic and desperation that we lost our last one. He's a completely serviceable player and really not a bust at all in my opinion. Let's see what he can do this season.

I don't equate athletes with religious figures, I was trying to prove a point that not every
                  1st overall pick has to be a player who comes in and revives a franchise and brings them out of the basement.

And what's with you and Freddie Brown? I've seen you drop that name a few times. Is this Freddie Brown posting? Are you just trying to get your name back out there?

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                    Although I do agree that the "YGZ" term isn't stupid or dumb, I don't think we have to listen to "our leader Arse" cuz he isn't a leader to anyone. He is just a blogger who has his opinion, which we could agree/disagree with. You make it sound like everything that Arsenalist types its a god given statement and that he is the messenger of some sort. The last thing I personally need is an arsenal fan telling me whats right and wrong with the Raptors. I will read and I will think about it, I don't automatically agree, Its just an additional insight to my further sentiment I have of the Raps.

I believe that he owns the website, literally!!

Know how people purchase the use of a domain name and then set up a blog. If this is his website which I understand that it is that in my opinion qualifies him as our leader.
                    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Sep 23, 2010, 10:11 AM.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I believe that he owns the website, literally!!

Know how people purchase the use of a domain name and then set up a blog. If this is his website which I understand that it is that in my opinion qualifies him as our leader.
                      Leader of what? our opinions and views on the team?!
                      He's just the main blogger of this site. It's like saying I have to obey Doug Smith b/c he has "insiders" and I have to believe in everything he says. No my friend, there is a reason why forums were made for this site.

And just b/c he owns the site, doesn't mean he is the leader of the forum.. Administrator/Owner would be better words to describe him.

Comment

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                        X