Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will More Games in 2010-11 - The Raptors or the Leafs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    They didn't look too good on D or in goal last night, 5-0 Ottawa. Preseason yes, but they're still gonna suck! No playoffs again...

Raps will win 30, Leafs 28.
    so youre telling me a team that has a star player in kessel a stanley cup winning goalie and a top end defence will lose more games than a team who just lost there only player even closely remebling a star player and is relying on second year players like weems and derozan and an unproven rookie to make it in an ever-improved east? thats like saying toronto only needs kadri and bozak to get them to the play-offs......give ur head a shake twice lol

Comment

leafs suck, oilers is the way to go guys.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
        leafs suck, oilers is the way to go guys.
        Oilers are dirt mongers

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          Oilers are dirt mongers
          Really? do we have to go with the name calling? in thats case at least we have our first round pick....

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
            so youre telling me a team that has a star player in kessel a stanley cup winning goalie and a top end defence will lose more games than a team who just lost there only player even closely remebling a star player and is relying on second year players like weems and derozan and an unproven rookie to make it in an ever-improved east? thats like saying toronto only needs kadri and bozak to get them to the play-offs......give ur head a shake twice lol
            You know what, it may turn out that I'm wrong, but I just see the same boring ass Leaf team as every year. Aside from Kessel, where's their goal scoring coming from? Both GM's are great salesmen, but I don't think either are close to having a contending team.

By the way, last time I checked 30 wins is nowhere close to making the playoffs in the NBA. The Raps are gonna surprise a few teams this season with their athleticism(at least I hope) and I feel they're a little closer to sneaking into the playoffs than the Leafs.

That Stanley Cup was almost 7 years ago for Giguere, he's nowhere near the same goaltentender....

Comment

You know what, it may turn out that I'm wrong, but I just see the same boring ass Leaf team as every year. Aside from Kessel, where's their goal scoring coming from? Both GM's are great salesmen, but I don't think either are close to having a contending team.

By the way, last time I checked 30 wins is nowhere close to making the playoffs in the NBA. The Raps are gonna surprise a few teams this season with their athleticism(at least I hope) and I feel they're a little closer to sneaking into the playoffs than the Leafs.

That Stanley Cup was almost 7 years ago for Giguere, he's nowhere near the same goaltentender....
              Kessel's gonna do the majority of the scoring, but they also have Bozak, who has developped chemistry with him, they just acquired Kris Versteeg, Kulemin scored close to 20 goals last season. Apparently, Grabovski has looked good in camp and looked sharp last night.

Both teams are young and have question marks surrounding them, but the Leafs have less question marks and are closer to a playoff berth. You can't lose a franchise player and automatically become better. Just doesn't happen. It takes time to right the ship.

The Stanley Cup for Giguere was the 06-07 Season, so that was 3 years ago, not 7. He's still a very good goaltender, capable of stealing a few games here and there, but he's not a franchise goaltender anymore. Giguere won't last the year. Chances are, he'll he flipped at the deadline to a team that's looking for experienced goaltending (possibly Chicago or Montreal).

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                Oilers are dirt mongers
                The Oilers are stacked with young talent up front. Question marks are around their D and goaltending. They're gonna shock a lot of teams in the West this season. Renney's a good coach.

Comment

My prediction isn't looking so far fetched now is it MangoKid and blaze89? We've almost caught the Leafs in wins(Raps 6 - Leafs 8), and they have almost a month on us pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssss they go to shootouts...

My bad for saying JSG last won 7 yrs ago, forgot that last one...

Anyone care to refresh their predictions?

Comment

My prediction isn't looking so far fetched now is it MangoKid and blaze89? We've almost caught the Leafs in wins(Raps 6 - Leafs 8), and they have almost a month on us pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssss they go to shootouts...

My bad for saying JSG last won 7 yrs ago, forgot that last one...

Anyone care to refresh their predictions?
                    As much as I love my Raptors, I still say they don't win as many as the Leafs do (and I'm not a Leafs fan). Leafs had 30 wins last season and were the second worst team in the league. I don't expect them to duplicate that number. I expect that number to be higher. I don't expect the Raps to win 30.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this thread.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Just wanted to bump this thread.
                        Classy. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Classy. haha
                          Why couldn't I bump it? Did I violate any rules? Did I call anyone names?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Why couldn't I bump it? Did I violate any rules? Did I call anyone names?
                            I didn't say you can't. Or that I didn't approve of this.
                            I simply found it humorous and commented. Relax.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I didn't say you can't. Or that I didn't approve of this.
                              I simply found it humorous and commented. Relax.
                              Yeah joey why u being such a bump hater

Comment

Sorry Everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X