Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are The Raptor's Going To Add Any More Training Camp Bodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are The Raptor's Going To Add Any More Training Camp Bodies?

As the 2010 start of NBA training camps near- Monday Spetember 27, NBA teams are flooding the transaction wire with non guaranteed contract players being added to said team's roster as "camp bodies"- a common practice in the NBA for training camp.

After BC's ill conceived 2008 slimmed down roster/training camp hype I hope that the Raptors have learned their lesson on promoting training camp paradigms (as a cost saving measure) as every NBA team usually has around 20 players in training camp to ensure that drills & sets can be run properly in case of player injures and the like during camp.

BC just signed RDuPree as a camp body. And with EDavis out of camp they will need at least another big man or 2. Also, RMcCant's name has been mentioned in the media as a potential Raptor signing as well. I haven't read of any other players that the Raptor's may be looking at bringing into training camp.

So my question is what players are the Raptor's targeting to bring into training camp this year- if anyone at all?

Honestly, who cares??

Comment

Clipse2001 wrote: View Post
      Honestly, who cares??
      You don't have to so snarky. If you have nothing better to add, then just stay quiet.

Comment

They always make invites. Don't think it will change this year but I don't know who they're going to invite so I guess I'm not much help.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          They always make invites. Don't think it will change this year but I don't know who they're going to invite so I guess I'm not much help.
          The Chilly man is dying to get an invite and show Raptors Republic readers what he can do on the court.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

freeze wrote: View Post
            You don't have to so snarky. If you have nothing better to add, then just stay quiet.
            Geez... chill. Absolutely reduntant post. Just as relevant as this upcoming thread: "What percentage of the raptors change their underwear after practice?"

Comment

Clipse2001 wrote: View Post
              Geez... chill. Absolutely reduntant post. Just as relevant as this upcoming thread: "What percentage of the Raptors change their underwear after practice?"
              And your reply was absolutely redundant too. If you have nothing better to say, why don't you stay quiet. And you, my friend, you don't like criticism. You can dish it but you can't take it. Bravo.

Comment

freeze wrote: View Post
                And your reply was absolutely redundant too. If you have nothing better to say, why don't you stay quiet. And you, my friend, you don't like criticism. You can dish it but you can't take it. Bravo.
                What planet are you from? All I did was was state that the thread was redundant. And my answer "Geez... chill" prompts you to say that I do not like criticism?? I am entitled to my opinion, and so are you. You do not agree with me, and that's fine, that's your opinion.

Comment

Why can't we all just be friends?

I'm locking this thread if we don't stay on track.

Comment

Say What?
                    JerryZgoda

#Timberwolves bringing DeMarr Johnson, Maurice Ager, former Gopher John Thomas and former Wolf Jason Hart to camp to fill out roster 10 minutes ago via mobile web Retweeted by HPbasketball
                    DerMarr Johnson

I could only imagine if the Raptors had brought DeMarr Johnson to training camp.

RFLMAO

DerMarr Miles Johnson (born May 5, 1980, in Washington, D.C.) is an American basketball player formerly of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DerMarr_Johnson
                    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Sep 23, 2010, 03:52 PM.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Big time bust.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Big time bust.
                        I know

However I think it would be funny as hell.

Especially if the Raptors also brought in Darius MIles for camp

You would then have

DeMar DeRozan
                        Darius Miles
                        Amir Johnson

and

DerMarr Miles Johnson

Comment

Every team around the league has signed extra camp bodies yet TO has only signed SF/SG RDupree.

Two bigs down- Alabi (seems like he has mostly recovered from his reported hamstring injury), Davis- yet nothing and camp two a days start today- smh...........BULL CHIT in action.........

TO would have at least 20 players in training camp regardless if they ran a truely professional organization not a feel real organization.......

Why can't Maurizio Gherardini aka Mr Magoo
                          at least find some European centers to use as training camp bodies?
                          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Sep 29, 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X