Triano Interview On FAN590 - Says Some Very Nice Things About Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Interview On FAN590 - Says Some Very Nice Things About Bargnani

Eric Smith Interviews Coach Jay about 20 minutes long including some call in questions.

Enjoy!

click here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

When did Triano ever say bad things?! heck, you hardly ever hear him criticizes any of his players. Its always "I thought he/they did pretty good tonight" phrase.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
      When did Triano ever say bad things?! heck, you hardly ever hear him criticizes any of his players. Its always "I thought he/they did pretty good tonight" phrase.
      Based upon your response above I don't think that you listened to the interview.

Just my opinion.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Based upon your response above I don't think that you listened to the interview.

Just my opinion.
        I'm sorry, why should I? what fruitful insights am I missing that Triano knows about. Heres a little advice to Jay, "be a man".

Comment

I'm sorry, why should I? what fruitful insights am I missing that Triano knows about. Heres a little advice to Jay, "be a man".
          'Pot meet kettle.' Listen to the interview, before casting a stone.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            'Pot meet kettle.' Listen to the interview, before casting a stone.
            And how bout you go get quotes that actually makes sense in the situation your trying to imply.

Comment

All I'm saying is "be a man" and listen to the interview, before putting that title on someone else.

The best part of the interview, he seems just as pissed, if not more at Turkoglu. Which, is really refreshing.

Comment

....so on another note Triano says Dre looks bigger and stronger which is a good sign.

Lets hope he learned a bit about boxing out and using that height of his to pull in a few more boreds I think it's a good idea that they'll try him at a 4 offensively to create mismatches and use him at the 5 on defense against generally slower moving centres.

I'm really eager to see how all this plays out...and a trade before training camp?? (3 days away)

Comment

Looking at Andrea's stat history, last year was by far his best year for rebounds and blocks, I think he'll improve on those stats this year. Also, it was a sub-par season for his three point-shooting and free throw shooting. So, hopefully he gets back to +.400 and +.800 respectively. So, if he does that and improves his defensive awareness dare I say All-star season >.>!

Comment

Here's what I got out of the interview:

Host asked Jay what he learned this summer- air of self confidence, ways to motivate players (from Coach K).

Asked about memorable moments from FIBA Jay said: playing the Russian's on the 38th year anniversary of the controversial 1972 US/Russian Olympic basketball game in quarterfinals. Jay brought up playing in an Islamic country on the 9/11 anniversary in the semi-finals. Beating Turkey in Istanbul for gold medal.

Said that the remaining Raptor player's need to step up sans Bosh. Said Raptor's must spread the ball around so teams can't focus on one player. Admitted that Rap's have no certified go to guy will use that to their advantage.

Spoke about how Raptor's keep track of players during off season with assistant coaches visiting them abroad every 2-3 weeks. Can't force players to come to Toronto during the off-season.

Said that Weems, DD, Jack & Amir spent alot of time in the TDot this off season- they love the city. Jay said that he doesn't agree with twitter basketball meet ups- called it crazy.

Jay said Defensive responsibilities fall on everybody. Said that CB was a good defender. Said Turk didn't pay alot of attention to D. Wants the Raptor's to be more aggressive with D won't sit back in paint will get out and pressure teams. Want to run off of turnovers. Jay spoke with both Reggie & Jose & said both will be ready to play despite failed trade- mentioned past Alvin Williams failed trade in relation.

Said that the Jose, JJ situation will- only be an issue if they let it be an issue. Competition at pg spot is good. Both want to start. Will play the guy who gets the team moving in right direction. Will go with best pg for team. Have 2 very good pgs, good depth. Doesn't want to trade either Jose or JJ.

Coaches meeting yesterday talked about projected Team starters. Said Bargnani is only player most likely with spot. Said Kleiza, based off his FIBA play, probably deserves it. Said Barg's is a 5 on Defense but a 4 on Offense. Said Barg's played alot with back to basket this summer in Italy. Said Barg's loves 3pt line but needs to be more of a threat all over the court.

Said that the Bosh f/a situation was unique. Sensed strange things would happen this summer. Noticed a little bit of change w/ CB after all-star break. Can't say if CB knew that he was going to leave. Wouldn't say that CB packed it in last season. Said that CB played hard when on the court last season.

Jay hating on Turk in a politically correct way- felt good to beat Turkey (Hedo) this summer. Still wants to beat the Suns twice.

Said that CB wasn't the team leader in locker-room. CB was a leader on the court but that it didn't carry over into the locker-room. Said that CB is not a very vocal person. Deferred to VC, Jalen & JO in the past. CB didn't defer last season but never took reigns as Team leader while everyone waited for him to do so.

This season he thinks that JJ may be a potential team leader. Also, Kleiza whom Jay said has the arrogance, confidence & toughness to lead. Said that Evans has the toughness to lead as well. Said 2010-11 Team leader is currently wide open. Said that the coaches have to step up if players don't as leaders of the Team.

Said that the best player doesn't have to be the team leader. Player who understands their role and other players roles can be a Team leader. Said players can earn leadership stripes by leading by example ie first guy in gym/being the hardest worker.

Spoke about implementing more FIBA inspired ball movement sets- again. Wants the Raptor's to play defense like Team USA- aggressively. Wants Raptor's to use defense to create offense. Will implement Team USA defense tactics during training camp. Said Raptor's are really athletic when discussing Team USA defensive roster comparisons.

Said he learned that that coaching isn't all about all about X's, O's & scouting reports. It's more about player motivation & coaching strategy used to take teams out of what they are trying to run instead of getting into a chess match on the court- learned that from Coach K.

Wouldn't give a win prediction total when ask by host. Likes the challenge of being picked to finish near the bottom by almost all NBA observers.END

Just some more facetious balderdash from Mr Doblina:
                    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 24, 2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

All I'm saying is "be a man" and listen to the interview, before putting that title on someone else.

The best part of the interview, he seems just as pissed, if not more at Turkoglu. Which, is really refreshing.
                      Agreed. He sounds peeved in general as if he's got something to prove, and more than a little hungry. He expects the players to be the same and earn their spots - sounds like it will be a competitive camp.

Comment

Well said and I agree...Jay is already showing signs of being a better coach and leader by speaking intelligently and confidently about what he learned from his FIBA tourney experience this summer. He's also showing a more aggressive and competitive side in his comments about beating Hedouche which is definitely nice to hear. Overall, Jay is going to be a different coach this season and will show great strides in leading this team to a better record than all the so called experts are predicting.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                          Well said and I agree...Jay is already showing signs of being a better coach and leader by speaking intelligently and confidently about what he learned from his FIBA tourney experience this summer. He's also showing a more aggressive and competitive side in his comments about beating Hedouche which is definitely nice to hear. Overall, Jay is going to be a different coach this season and will show great strides in leading this team to a better record than all the so called experts are predicting.
                          Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....... what flavor is the kool-aid this week?????

See it. Believe it. Achieve it. Not.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                            Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....... what flavor is the kool-aid this week?????

See it. Believe it. Achieve it. Not.
                            +1
                            Triano is a coach for sure, but he is too soft to coach an nba team.

Comment

+1
                              Triano is a coach for sure, but he is too soft to coach an nba team.
                              He's best suited, personality wise, as a NBA assistant coach in my mind as well. Jay is Jay.

Comment

Working...
                              X