Turkoglu: "I told my agent, 'Make this happen,' "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkoglu: "I told my agent, 'Make this happen,' "

Turkoglu just reaffirming that he's happy to be in Phoenix and out of Toronto.

Hedo Turkoglu looks happy. Really happy, revealing nothing that resembles the disengaged expression television cameras would catch on the Toronto Raptors bench last season.

"I told my agent, 'Make this happen,' " he said Friday about the July trade to the Suns. " 'I don't care how much I have to give up, how much money it will cost me. I'm open to anything they want me to be. I want to be one of them.' "
    Some guys do better with tough love, others with coddling. One of Gentry's great strengths is his connection with players. He'll need to find the right buttons with Turkoglu so that the season doesn't unfold the way it did in Toronto last year, when an organization and fan base couldn't wait to get rid of him.

It was only one season but it went downhill fast. It started out poorly because the Raptors felt he reported out of shape. He grew increasingly frustrated with the way the team was using him and the tension came to a head when he missed a game with a stomach ailment but was spotted by Raptors fans out on the town later that night.

Fans bemoaned his body language on the court. As the negativity snowballed, Turkoglu went public: He wanted out of Toronto because he had lost his "enthusiasm for the city."

"It wasn't good chemistry in Toronto," said the NBA's first Turkish-born player. "For both sides, it was best to move on."

Source - Click here

i thought okur was turkish? and he's older than turkoglu, doesn't tha make him the first born nba turkish player?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      i thought okur was turkish? and he's older than turkoglu, doesn't tha make him the first born nba turkish player?
      Turkoglu was drafted in 2000, Okur was drafted in 2002. Turkoglu was the NBA's first Turkish-born player. It doesn't have anything to do with their ages, just who entered the league first.

Comment

There is not a player in this league I loath more then Turkoglu right now, he is pompous and arrogant and blames everyone but himself for what has transpired. Just goes to show you that this attitude can be found in European players as well and not just American born players.

Thank goodness Pheonix took this headcase away from us, I don't care how hard Turkoglu works out in the offseason to prove the nasayers wrong with his poor attitude and his age he is going to run himself out Pheonix eventually before his contract ends, maybe sooner then you think.

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
          Turkoglu was drafted in 2000, Okur was drafted in 2002. Turkoglu was the NBA's first Turkish-born player. It doesn't have anything to do with their ages, just who entered the league first.
          He was the first Turkish NBA player, not the first born. LBF is right in my opinion.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            He was the first Turkish NBA player, not the first born. LBF is right in my opinion.
            But what you've just written is in agreement with ImissDelfino.

Who is right?
            It's about money

Comment

Turkoglu was the first Turkish player to play in the NBA. Okur plays in the NBA, he was born two years before Turkoglu. Of the Turkish NBA players, Okur was the first one born or in other words the first born Turkish NBA player.

Comment

Turkoglu was the first Turkish player to play in the NBA. Okur plays in the NBA, he was born two years before Turkoglu. Of the Turkish NBA players, Okur was the first one born or in other words the first born Turkish NBA player.
                Yeah, but that's not what it said - it said "the NBA's first Turkish-born player." He was the first Turkish-born player to play in the NBA. The first Turkish-Born. Not the first-born.

Comment

Nah, it says "NBA's first Turkish-born player", so it means he was the first player born in Turkey to play in the NBA.

Comment

nah, although turkoglu was the first turkish nba player and is by right of draft the first player born in turkey to be drafted in the nba.

okur is older and his eligibity to be drafted before turkoglu does make him the first born as in born before turkoglu, and him being an nba player. making him the firts born nba turkish born player.

they both are in their own right, it just kind of depends on which sie of the apple you lok at it from.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I prayed to God, "make this happen", and the Lord answered my prayers. HE works in mysterious ways.

Seriously, though, I was totally against the original signing and then when Jerkoglu bullied the girl with the camera phone at Lobby, it just sealed the deal. By the time "Ball" came around, I was just fed up and couldn't even bring myself to crack a smile. The guy hits a few buzzer beaters for the Magic, and all of the sudden he thinks he's in the same class as Kobe. Good riddance.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        nah, although turkoglu was the first turkish nba player and is by right of draft the first player born in turkey to be drafted in the nba.

okur is older and his eligibity to be drafted before turkoglu does make him the first born as in born before turkoglu, and him being an nba player. making him the firts born nba turkish born player.

they both are in their own right, it just kind of depends on which sie of the apple you lok at it from.
                        Haha, no. They're not. This is just the english language here. It doesn't matter who was born first. If the guy had said the oldest Turkish-born player, or the player from Turkey who celebrated his 1st birthday before any other player from Turkey, then you'd have a point. All that matters is that Turkoglu was the first player from Turkey to play in the NBA. Period. I can't believe I've had to reply to this so many times.

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
                          I can't believe I've had to reply to this so many times.
                          You didn't have to.

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
                            You didn't have to.
                            I suppose you're right, drizz. I suppose you're right. But here I am, yet again. Which do you find to be correct by the way, drizz? In your reading of this thread, what does "the NBA's first Turkish-born player" mean to you?

Comment

Without re-reading the whole thread and based on the phrase you have in quotes, it would mean to me that the person was the first player born in Turkey to play in the NBA.

edit: Ok, I re-read the thread I think "the NBA's first Turkish-born player" would refer to the first Turk to play in the NBA, regardless of who is the older in age.
                              Last edited by drizz; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X