Dorsey: "I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey: "I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds"

Love the optimism, but he appears to be a little delusional. Apparently Dorsey is planning to bring down 8 to 10 boards/game in the 2 to 3 minutes he averages per game this season.

1:54 Joey Dorsey: Just come to the team and try to better than my last two teams in Sacramento, and Houston. I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds. We don't have a premier centre right now, so just try and come in and lock down my man.
    Source - Click here

If he means per 36 then sure I'd take it. But it's a long shot for him to think that he'd get that many minutes a game to be able to average that many. I do like that he's setting a goal that he would no doubt work hard to accomplish. I mean, why not dream big and go for it?

Comment

Dorsey I bet will get at least 10 minutes a game to start the season. Both Ed Davis and Alabi are nursing injuries, so Dorsey can get some of their minutes. His only problem is that he is a duplicate of Evans. Both have limited offensive games, so they focus on defense and rebounding.

The dude is also 260+ llbs he'd be hard to move in the paint.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Reggie Evans averaged 11 minutes last year, let's say Dorsey gets those and 5 on top of that. 8-10 is a stretch, but I can buy 5-6.

Comment

Dorsey was a maniac in summer league, looked like a man amongst boys. Of anybody currently on the Raps, he has the best chances of doing this feat. I wouldn't be surprised to see him eat more minutes then most people think solely to grab boards.

Comment

Early on if he starts pulling down 5 boards a game in garbage time early in the season, he may be given more of a chance. I doubt it though.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Love the optimism, but he appears to be a little delusional. Apparently Dorsey is planning to bring down 8 to 10 boards/game in the 2 to 3 minutes he averages per game this season.

Source - Click here
              Maybe he's referring to himself in NBA 2k11? It's possible there... If you, know, you played 12 minute quarters.

Comment

Dorsey in the summer league had some crazy numbers based on the metrics of wins share:

http://courtsideanalyst.wordpress.co...ue-win-scores/

Unfortunately, his height and scoring has limited his appeal. BBall is more than just rebounds and boxing out. His foul troubles doesn't help either. That being said, I'm really rooting for this guy. I really hope that he makes it.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Reggie Evans version 2.0 of last season coming right up.

Comment

I can handle a Reggie Evans who makes $850K. Certainly better than a Reggie Evans who makes $5M.

Comment

I'd also like to average 8-10 rebounds this season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I can handle a Reggie Evans who makes $850K. Certainly better than a Reggie Evans who makes $5M.
                        Yessir. +1
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I think the Raps training staff should be on Dorsey's ass to learn to shoot a free throw - the guy's a beast so there's no reason we shouldn't expect the odd offensive rebound --> dunk close the the basket - but it is futile for him to try if the other team can bail themselves out simply by hacking him.

Comment

Working...
                          X