Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano: Bosh Was Never a Leader for Toronto

Just caught this from Trey Kirby from Ball Don't Lie at Yahoo:

Furthermore, his old boss trashed him publicly saying he might have been "mentally checked out" and that he was basically impossible to build around. But even though summer is coming to an end and teams are beginning their training camps, things managed to get just a bit more peculiar for Bosh as his old coach Jay Triano is using these waning days to warn Miami about Bosh's milk-with-toast presence in the locker room. From Ira Winderman at the South Florida Sun Sentinel:

In setting up his own team's season, Raptors coach Jay Triano also offered a potential clue to how the Heat's season might set up beyond the court.

"When you talk about Chris being the leader in the locker room," Triano told a Toronto radio station, "I think it's the one thing that he wasn't for us.

"He did a great job of getting 24 points and 10, 11 rebounds on a regular basis, but Chris did not really take the leadership role into the locker room. He's not a vocal person; he's not a guy who really did that." [...]

"I think in the years that he's been here," Triano said, "he's almost deferred to different people.

"Everybody kind of waited for him to take the reins last year and it could've been part of the issues we had."

Between accepting a role as a No. 3 option, his old GM admitting that he was hard to build around and his old coach saying that he wasn't a leader, this seems to be the final nail in the coffin of the "Chris Bosh is a superstar" meme that Bosh perpetuated going into this summer. We kind of knew that heading into the offseason, but it's always good to have your suspicions confirmed. Chris Bosh is very good, but if he's your main guy, well, you're the Toronto Raptors of the last few years.
    Source - Click here

I agree with this.

That is one of the reasons that I think that the Raptors will do better in 10-11 than a lot of the pundits and negative thinkers are saying.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Yeah tear Bosh a new one when he leaves Toronto but when he was here he was cuddled and praised in front of the media, that doesn't impress me at all because it means that Triano and BC looked the other way when it mattered most.

Comment

If he wasn't a leader and was just looking for himself, why didn't they trade him at the deadline? They must have thought it would be a PR nightmare to trade him, or they are looking back in hindsight and seeing something different. Maybe at the time they kept hoping he'd step up down the stretch.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Yeah tear Bosh a new one when he leaves Toronto but when he was here he was cuddled and praised in front of the media, that doesn't impress me at all because it means that Triano and BC looked the other way when it mattered most.
          Absolutely. This is incredibly crass and hypocritic. Even though I am/was no big supporter of CB (other than his bb skills) these guys should now be taking the high road on personnel matters of the past unless of course CB starts twittering or mouthing off on the Raps. But he's been rather quiet I noticed....unless he's writing a book on his exp. with the Raps!

Comment

has anyone took in what Jarret jack said about Avery Johnson. That was just flat out mean !

Comment

F**k Bosh. Look at shit from a FAN'S view. We pay money to watch a team, and within that team, a PLAYER or PLAYERS. Plain and simple. We don't get paid to evaluate the players like a coach does. If anyone can say what they say, other than Byatch, it's a coach. Who's BEEN there, training, developing, nurturing from a ball perspective. Giving you the reigns for years. Even when US the FANS wanted Byatch gone from time. Ya'll know that. We commend LBJ for bringing his team to whatever heights but won't diss a guy who didn't. Triano admitted to not doing as good a job as he could've, Byatch never did. The only reason Jarrett Jack won't admit it is because he KNEW from time (that Byatch was leaving) and also Byatch is his close friend, and ANY diss to a friend like THAT would diminish his stock and credibility on our team, or any other team that he could end up on, if he was to get traded. Where have we gone when honesty is twisted into lack of professionalism? MEN giving honest answers. C'mon, man. They're MEN and not women. Byatch HAD guys to help him over the years (Rasho had a ring for Christs sake; JO was a former ALL STAR, even though he wasn't the same player). STILL got us nothing but ONE conference championship, which JOSE, DELFINO, ANTHONY PARKER, BARGNANI and GARBAJOSA were the main guys who did hustle plays and little things to become key players in that year's accomplishments. But...who was the face of the franchise? Byatch was. Next Calderon. But Byatch never got us past the 2nd round like Kobe, Like MJ like Dwight, like Billups, like Pierce, like Amare. Yet, Byatch was considered top 5 PFs. So tell me why Byatch should get off scott-free. He's a poodle. Pierce, Shaq and Amare ALL took public shots and he sat back like a b***h and din't say shizzle. But as soon as the people who paid him, and gave him the reigns, talk PROFESSIONALLY, and answer questions honestly, they get slack. At least Triano and BC didn't have a frickin' WWE stage for DeMar and the YGZ as the next faces of the franchise. he's letting them EARN that spotlight. Until Byatch can win ONE 3rd round entry and not worry about his "brand" and JUST himself, then he can talk. Until then, he's a LAPDOG. Say hello to Paris Hilton for me, Byatch.
              Last edited by GameBreaker; Mon Sep 27, 2010, 10:43 PM.
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Everyone who has followed the Raptor's since Bosh was a rookie knows that he's not a rah-rah type of guy. Why didn't BC & Jay?

CB was leader by example on the court, in practice but deferred to VC, Jalen & JO as team leaders in the past taking on a supporting role. That should have helped to let both BC & Jay over-stand that Bosh wasn't the vocal locker-room type of guy to get all up in folks faces and challenege them on a regular basis so that either they needed to get a vocal guy or that the coaches would have to play that role especially after noticing CB's reluctance early on to take on that new team leader role last season.

This (summer, recent media vents against Bosh) is all premediated PR tactics & spins from both Jay & BC as they try and trick us with their slickery and slick us with their trickery.... BC, Jay have had MLSE PR Raptor marketing strategy meetings since last season's all-star break to decide what they would say in scenario A (Bosh re-signs), B (Bosh S&T) or C (Bosh just walks).

Bosh is now gone, thank him for 7 years, wish him the best in Miami as all this after the fact pillow talk in the media is more self revealing about Jay & BC's nature than not. Whatever folks may think about Bosh it's a fact that TO would be better off today if Bargnani aka Who Me? had gone and Bosh had stayed in a Raptor uniform.
                Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Sep 27, 2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

lavito wrote: View Post
                  has anyone took in what Jarret jack said about Avery Johnson. That was just flat out mean !
                  lol...you mean the "1/8 of a player" line? Classic.
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

remember when he said that BC critics were not deserved, that he played hard because there's "Bosh" written on his jersey? He was right, that's the only thing he sees. There's Bosh, Bosh, and only Bosh. At least 3 of his daily rebounds were stolen from a teammate's hands

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I agree with this.

That is one of the reasons that I think that the Raptors will do better in 10-11 than a lot of the pundits and negative thinkers are saying.
                      I totally agree with you on that budda, for me though its like how much will they improve on given Bosh's absence? It could go either way.
                      You have to factor in a lot of the problems we had last year and compare it to the potential issues we will have this year, while possible including them as well. For instant, I know Bosh wasn't a great/good/acceptable defender, but with him leaving, is that really going to improve anything on the defensive side of the court. Also, will the offence be as great when Bosh was here, b/c really that was the only reason we finished 1 spot out of the playoffs.
                      For me, I can't pick a certain number, rather a broad range from 15-45 wins, its that crazy this year for me.

Comment

Some of you act like you're all surprised. Bosh was never a vocal leader. He'd go out and lead by example. However, no one actually followed it on the court. Like many found out over the years, Bosh isn't a guy you build around. He's a very good player, but a complimentary player. He'll be at his best in Miami. He can defer all the leadership stuff to Lebron and D-Wade, and he doesn't have to be counted on to shoulder the load every night. He doesn't have to hit the game winning shot.

For those saying that this year's edition of the Raps will be better than last year's, that's crazy-talk. It's optimism at its very best.

Comment

Been saying it for years. He will be somebody's Scottie Pippen and now he is. A poor man's Scottie Pippen to Wade and James.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
                            remember when he said that BC critics were not deserved, that he played hard because there's "Bosh" written on his jersey? He was right, that's the only thing he sees. There's Bosh, Bosh, and only Bosh. At least 3 of his daily rebounds were stolen from a teammate's hands
                            I agree 100%, not saying Bargnani is going to be a rebounding machine now w/o Bosh, but he could've gotten a lot more rebounds if he was selfish. I don't know how many times I saw him give it up to Bosh.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
                              Taken totally out of context. Bosh was speaking on his family and how his father wouldn't allow for a him (a Bosh) to not work hard at whatever he was doing be that basketball or some other type of employment. That he represented his family's name so that you knew he would go out and work hard as his father raised him. Heck, his father even advised CB to stay in TO.....

Taking away teammates rebounds?lol Red or blue pill, son:

Click on link to watch:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQF8LAmiaE
                              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Sep 28, 2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X