X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gifted one: Jay Triano's path to the top of the basketball world

The gifted one: Jay Triano's path to the top of the basketball world

By Howard Tsumura Sun, Oct 3 2010

Jay Triano has pioneered a path in Canadian basketball history, first as a player at SFU, later for a decade as the leader on the national team, and now, at the helm of the Toronto Raptors as the only Canadian head coach in NBA history.

A B.C. resident for over a quarter century, including six years as the Vancouver Grizzlies radio analyst and community relations director, Triano is back in town this week as the Raptors hold training camp at UBC in advance of Wednesday's exhibition game against the Phoenix Suns at Rogers Arena.

Today, those closest to him paint a picture of a man whose incredible work ethic and magnetic personality have carried him to the top of his profession.

Triano in the SFU 'Basketball House' with (l to r) Alan Kristmanson, Stan Stewardson, Brett Quance, Craig Pedersen (PNG photo)
    cont here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That's a weird picture, and lots of tube soxks, lol. Looks like they all have elongated legs too

Comment

just hope those feet were clean

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
        just hope those feet were clean
        This looks like one instance where all of the guys in the picture were hoping that they didn't stick a foot in their mouth. ugh.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
        X