Boozer out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boozer out

Carlos boozer has broken his left hand, requiring 2 months off. Just makes our shitty starting line-up look much better by comparison.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/10/03/b...s=iref:nbahpt2

The injury was "Non basketball related"???!! what the hell was he doing?! I question the risky behaviour's of some NBA players when a team throws millions of dollars at you and you don't have the decency to make sure you are as safe as possible and avoidance of injury at all time.

Comment

Lol, I don't feel bad for him at all. This reminds me of K-Rod's (New York Mets closer) story, suffered a torn ligament in his right hand after hitting his girlfriend's father back in August (ended his season). He lost over $120k in a two day suspension, and I think he had to forfeit the rest of his salary from that point to the end of the season (11.5m/season).

Not saying it's exactly alike, but is there a rule like that in place for the NBA? Will he have to forfeit the salary for the amount of time he's out if it is verified that it was non-basketball related?

Comment

According to Boozer, the accident happened in his home when someone rang the door bell and he ran to get it while tripping over his gym back and thus falling and breaking his hand....

Am I the only one who doesn't believe him?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          According to Boozer, the accident happened in his home when someone rang the door bell and he ran to get it while tripping over his gym back and thus falling and breaking his hand....

Am I the only one who doesn't believe him?!
          Why don't you believe him? Freak injuries do occur. I remember Sammy Sosa years ago breaking his ribs because he sneezed.
          Brian Leetch broke him foot slipping when he stepped out of a cab.
          Glenallen Hill when he was with the Jays had a phobia of spiders and dreamed about them and cut himself while sleepwalking.

It happens.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            Lol, I don't feel bad for him at all. This reminds me of K-Rod's (New York Mets closer) story, suffered a torn ligament in his right hand after hitting his girlfriend's father back in August (ended his season). He lost over $120k in a two day suspension, and I think he had to forfeit the rest of his salary from that point to the end of the season (11.5m/season).

Not saying it's exactly alike, but is there a rule like that in place for the NBA? Will he have to forfeit the salary for the amount of time he's out if it is verified that it was non-basketball related?
            I don't think K-Rod lost his salary for the year. The Players Union would have really grieved it.

If Boozer was doing things like riding a motorcycle (like Jay Williams and Roethlisburger did) or doing any type of activity that would make you prone to an injury, then the team could seek recourse, but the dude was in his house and tripped over a bag and broke his hand. I don't think that qualifies as a grounds for termination of contract..or re-payment of funds to the club.

Comment

Working...
            X