Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose or Jarrett: Who Would You Start At PG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Outside of BC wanting Calderon to play mins so he can deal him during the season i dont get it....not only is it not the correct move for the team to compete but it will create tension in the locker room...best believe when this team is getting bullied defnesively the fingers are going to be pointed at a certain PG and your going to hear off the record remarks made by Jack and others.......
    I actually think starting Calderon over Jack is better. And I don't know if you've noticed, but Calderon's defense is much improved in the preseason, so much so that he's not really a liability on that end of the floor. He's not great, or even good, but he's adequate so far.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I actually think starting Calderon over Jack is better. And I don't know if you've noticed, but Calderon's defense is much improved in the preseason, so much so that he's not really a liability on that end of the floor. He's not great, or even good, but he's adequate so far.
      So i see BC has put you on the payroll now....

Comment

and there you have it folks Calderon has regressed so bad that people want to make the case for him that he should
        start cuz he defense is "adequate"

Forget about the rest of his game but if he defense goes from league worst to adequate were good now ?

*sends paiella with chlorine to 40 bay street C/O Mr Calderon*

Comment

So i see BC has put you on the payroll now....
          I've been saying this for a year now.

and there you have it folks Calderon has regressed so bad that people want to make the case for him that he should
          start cuz he defense is "adequate"

Forget about the rest of his game but if he defense goes from league worst to adequate were good now ?

*sends paiella with chlorine to 40 bay street C/O Mr Calderon*
          Offensively, Calderon a very good PG. His defense is what has limited him. By playing adequate defense, rather than bad defense, it simply means he's that much more valuable to the team.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I've been saying this for a year now.

Offensively, Calderon a very good PG. His defense is what has limited him. By playing adequate defense, rather than bad defense, it simply means he's that much more valuable to the team.
            10 and 6 is not very good
            neither is 12 and 8

and i believe those number will be about 12 and 6-7 this year....its called average at best...

Comment

10 and 6 is not very good
              neither is 12 and 8

and i believe those number will be about 12 and 6-7 this year....its called average at best...
              Well, you can't simply take stats without looking at how many minutes the guy played. Per minute, Calderon was the 8th best passer in the NBA last season, and it was an off season for him. As it is, he was still 12th in the league in assists- only one of two players to be in the top 20 while playing less than 30 mpg (Darren Collison was the other)- , was among the top ten PGs in the league in field goal percentage, and was the 9th best PG in 3 point percentage. Plus, he's always among the league leaders in assist to turnover ratio. Calderon does have his weaknesses, but offensive output is certainly not one of them. He's not a big scorer, but he's a PG, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather have my PG averaging 12-8 than 20-5.
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Well, you can't simply take stats without looking at how many minutes the guy played. Per minute, Calderon was the 8th best passer in the NBA last season, and it was an off season for him. As it is, he was still 12th in the league in assists- only one of two players to be in the top 20 while playing less than 30 mpg (Darren Collison was the other)- , was among the top ten PGs in the league in field goal percentage, and was the 9th best PG in 3 point percentage. Plus, he's always among the league leaders in assist to turnover ratio. Calderon does have his weaknesses, but offensive output is certainly not one of them. He's not a big scorer, but he's a PG, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather have my PG averaging 12-8 than 20-5.
                im not taking stats i have watching him for 5 seasons i just get bored of this argument since i been doing it so long...
                Imma lay it out here...i think assists is a way overrated stat in the NBA because you dont really need to make plays to get one...and i think its foolish to judge things on PER min scales because second tier dont play upper mins for a reason that they cannot maintain those numbers over a high PCT...its a foolish argument,its like saying Kris Humphries would average 20 and 10 as a starter cuz he does 9 and 6 in 19 mins...foolish argument...

He could easily be top FG % or 3pt % because he doesnt take a high volume of shots like most elite PGs do his shot attempts are down compared to most starters,again its another context argument thats folly....same as turnover ratio....its backup PG stat reference....most starting PGs turn the ball over 3.5-4 times a game cuz they handle the ball the most against the other teams top line players..i think thats the most ridiculous compliment given to Calderon....he never turns it over cuz he never does anything with it.....hence he plays similar to a backup not taking chances...and never turning it over,hard to turn over the rock when you never drive into the paint to shoot or make plays....

id rather have a 20/6 guy who D's up and creates shots for himself and his team inside and keeps defenders off balance and can create his own shot and can dominate games in stretches and even take some over in the 2nd half like most "very good" to elite PGs can do....

Comment

Working...
                X