Best Case vs. Worst Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case vs. Worst Case

Whether or not we do ANY trade, I just want to look at what our team can be if we do nothing. Given that our veterans are what they are, meaning we shouldn't really expect a huge uptick in production, lets play with where the young guys could get us.

Bargnani: Best Case - Dirk Nowitzki. Worst Case - Mehmet Okur.

Johnson: Best Case - Emeka Okafor. Worst Case - Drew Gooden.

Davis: Best Case - Chris Bosh. Worst Case - Al Horford.

DeRozan: Best Case - Joe Johnson. Worst Case - Corey Maggette.

Weems: Best Case - Brandon Roy. Worst Case - Jason Richardson.

My bet is that Bargs becomes Okur, Johnson becomes Okafor, Davis becomes Horford, DD becomes Maggette and Weems becomes Roy.

That's a pretty good team. What do you think?

I'm sorry but no way. These players are not even similar.

Comment

Excellent analysis Joe. I forgot, you are in the "DD and Weems will be the next LBJ and Wade" camp. Good luck with that.

Comment

Hey man, at least JoePanini doesn't think he's part of the Raptors.
        Everything u say We We We
        wake up man! them, they
        you watch, they play
        get it.

P.S. I thought this was the Raptors Trade Proposal Forum.
        Last edited by mr_blingbling; Fri Oct 8, 2010, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
          Excellent analysis Joe. I forgot, you are in the "DD and Weems will be the next LBJ and Wade" camp. Good luck with that.
          Thanks for the complement but did I ever say DD and Weems are going to be next LBJ and Wade? If so, please show me where I did so.

But I'm just going to go through each player comparison for you.

Bargnani. Best Case is Nowitzki which seems right. Worst Case Okur not so much. Okur is almost as good as Bargnani at spotting up, and is better in late game situations. But Okur is a good defender and a decent rebounder whilst Bargnani isn't even decent in both. Worst case for me is last years Channing Frye or a Tim Thomas.

Johnson. Best Case as Okafor doesn't seem right. Okafor isn't explosive like Amir. He is a consistent defending C/PF. If you are talking about stats wise, then yes, but player wise I think Amir's best case would be Noah. Great defender, great energy, and pretty decent on offense. We are talking about BEST CASE here. Worst case Drew Gooden doesn't even make sense. Gooden is a better player than Amir. His defense is pretty bad, but his offense is great. And is a great PROVEN rebounder. He has great post moves, and is the complete opposite player Amir will EVER be. Amir's worst case would be Amir from Detroit IMO. Playing 15 minutes and getting garbage rebounds and points.

Davis. Best Case Bosh, why not. Worst case Al horford. Really? An all-star who currently actually plays C for a PLAY-OFF team. Has two NCAA championships and is a great defender, rebounder and has a decent post game. How is he WORST CASE. I think Davis' worst case is Brandan Wright.

DeRozan. I think you got this all wrong. DeRozan doesn't resemble these two players in any way, and they both play different positions, DD is a SG/SF, Johnson is a SG and Maggette is a SF/PF. Johnson is a good scorer, not too quick, can hit the three a lot, and isn't a great dunker but can pass. Maggette is an only offensive player who is athletic but is nothing like what DD is, actually neither player is. DD's best case would be Vince Carter because Vince was explosive, could rebound for his size, could hit the mid range jumper which are all DD's traits. Worst case would be James White who like DD was young, athletic and could ONLY hit the mid range, his career didn't quite go the way he wanted.

Weems. Weems can't hit the three, is an athletic guard that can shoot incredibly from mid range. And that's it. But as best case scenario I guess you could use Roy, although Roy can hit the shot from everywhere, and takes games in his hands. But Weems is young, and we're talking best case so okay. Roy is a good best case. But J Rich as worst case? This guy is a 20 point threat every game. Is incredibly athletic and can hit shots from most spots. Can rebound and has the athleticism to be a good defender. I would be happy if DD ended up like J Rich. Worst case for Weems is every other SG in the league that plays 10 minutes.

Comment

Joe, good explanation. I don't think we are THAT far off on this though. I clearly didn't take the time to analyze each aspect of this before I posted it, I just kinda went with who came to mind. Ultimately I wanted to get some other ideas on best case v worst case for these guy and you made some good points. A few points though, J-Rich is shit without Nash and Weems has been working on the three ball. I think of Gooden as a solid defender and rebounder with unspectacular offensive skills, hence the comparison. But yeah, overall I was mainly thinking stats, not winning pedigree or "real" NBA value. All I know is that I just got DD in fantasy so if he puts up old school Vince numbers i'll be happy!

Comment

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
              Joe, good explanation. I don't think we are THAT far off on this though. I clearly didn't take the time to analyze each aspect of this before I posted it, I just kinda went with who came to mind. Ultimately I wanted to get some other ideas on best case v worst case for these guy and you made some good points. A few points though, J-Rich is shit without Nash and Weems has been working on the three ball. I think of Gooden as a solid defender and rebounder with unspectacular offensive skills, hence the comparison. But yeah, overall I was mainly thinking stats, not winning pedigree or "real" NBA value. All I know is that I just got DD in fantasy so if he puts up old school Vince numbers i'll be happy!
              I don't think J Rich played along side Nash when he was in Charlotte.
              Gooden is really good on offense, it's his main skill set. His defending is underrated though, and you're probably one of the few who think he plays good defense, which he does... sometimes.

But okay. Enough debating

Comment

I was only considering what guys play like now, not 6 years ago like in the J-Rich and Vince cases. Gooden is not at all "really good on offense", although I may have been over rating his defense as well. I clearly should have thought about that post more before I sent it off, ha ha. Yeah dude, enough debating

Comment

Working...
                X