Kevin Durant declines LBJ's invitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Durant declines LBJ's invitation

This is why KD will be MVP this year...100% focus and commitment.

KD and MVP, you can book it.

http://dimemag.com/2010/10/kevin-dur...-party-invite/

For different reasons, KD and LeBron — the last two Dime cover athletes — were all over the news and subject to a ton of media attention this summer. For every act LeBron committed that was viewed negatively, Durant was held up by polarized media and fans as the virtuous Spider-Man to LBJ’s Venom.

And now here’s another example. Last night, LeBron threw a party at a down KC night club. Durant was on the invite list, but “politely declined,” according to the Oklahoman.

“I don’t go out to parties the day before a game,” Durant said. “I really don’t go out too much during the season.”
    Dude has quickly become a lot of ball fans' favourite player including myself, the complete anti-LBJ.

How is he the anti LBJ ?

Comment

Kid is confident yet humble-ever watch an interview with him. He's a star without all the clowny theatric bullshit-not an attention seeking whore. He's shown lots of maturity despite his young age-he's only 21. From what I can see kid has one focus on his mind, to win, he doesn't seem to be worried about stats, scoring championships, being the focal point of Team USA etc. In general, he seems like a grounded dude, unlike another "im the centre of the universe, I need a hour hour special to announce my decision" type of player.

Comment

God I wish he was still in Seattle.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Kid is confident yet humble-ever watch an interview with him. He's a star without all the clowny theatric bullshit-not an attention seeking whore. He's shown lots of maturity despite his young age-he's only 21. From what I can see kid has one focus on his mind, to win, he doesn't seem to be worried about stats, scoring championships, being the focal point of Team USA etc. In general, he seems like a grounded dude, unlike another "im the centre of the universe, I need a hour hour special to announce my decision" type of player.
          Outside of the "The Decision" all the hate towards bron to me is exaggerated....hard to argue bron cares about stats or is selfish when he took less money and sacrificed personal stats to play with Wade....he scarificed personal gains in Cleveland where he easily could have won 3 scoring titles...

People buy way too much into what they see and hear on tv and in interviews...alot of that shit on tv is a facade man,its PR.....good and bad humble or not.....these are an elite group of millionaire high maintenance athletes dont expect humility or them to be like regular people cuz they arent.....

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
            Outside of the "The Decision" all the hate towards bron to me is exaggerated....hard to argue bron cares about stats or is selfish when he took less money and sacrificed personal stats to play with Wade....he scarificed personal gains in Cleveland where he easily could have won 3 scoring titles...

People buy way too much into what they see and hear on tv and in interviews...alot of that shit on tv is a facade man,its PR.....good and bad humble or not.....these are an elite group of millionaire high maintenance athletes dont expect humility or them to be like regular people cuz they arent.....
            I agree, writers have to come up with something during the offseason and they decided to rip into Lebron because of a horrible, horrible choice to announce where he was going on TV. You can't fault the guy, he did what he wanted and he wants to win. The way he did it was ridiculous. His ego is there because for half his life people have been telling him that the sun shines out of his ass. And let's face it - on the basketball court, it does. KD's a seemingly wonderful kid and an incredible talent, I wish him nothing but the best and hopefully his ego stays in check but because of all this hype I'm not sure it will. He's only 21 years old. If he's still like this in 5 years I'll be really impressed.

Comment

Working...
            X