Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Reggie Evans Triano's "Designated Shoe-Filler" Until Davis Can Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Reggie Evans Triano's "Designated Shoe-Filler" Until Davis Can Play?

The hole story

Chris Bosh spent seven years in Toronto before leaving to join LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami this summer. Bosh left the Raptors as their career leader in points (10,275), rebounds (4,776), blocks (600), and minutes (18,815).

Reggie Evans, the eight-year veteran out of Iowa, is the designated shoe-filler.

Triano didn’t sugar coat the impact of losing Bosh. “It’s tough when you lose that many points and that many rebounds and a guy that was the focal point of the offense,’’ he said. “I think what it’s done is it’s opened up the floor offensively for other guys to step up and for us to be a more balanced team.’’ The Raptors were outrebounded, 41-35, last night. Evans pulled down a team-high-tying six rebounds but was otherwise overmatched by Kevin Garnett (9 points, 6 rebounds in 23 minutes)

Triano impressed by Rondo
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I think Amir is the "replacement" for bosh right now. Davis is the replacement for the future. Evans is just out there to act as trade bait, plus help the raps establish an early reputation of toughness.

Speaking of bosh, it amazes me that with the heat now he looks even more like a raptor.

Looks at ref like he's stalking his prey
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jay needs a tough guy to pair with Bargnani aka Mr Whipple (don't squeeze the charmine) so it looks like that is Reggie's role to lose so far into the preseason.

Davis is the Rap's PF of the future, hear that Bargnani, if he can stay healthy. It's just a matter of when he becomes the starting PF for TO.

I think potentially by the end of the year and certainly by next season going into training camp Davis will be the projected Raptor starter at PF. Time will tell....

Comment

agreed 100 percent. I think Ed Davis is definitely the future starting PF. He has potential to be an amazing PF once he bulks up and gets used to the bigs in the NBA. ED Davis has all start potential and he is much better then any PF on the raptors right now. Unless if you brought Bargnani as a PF.

Comment

lavito wrote: View Post
          agreed 100 percent. I think Ed Davis is definitely the future starting PF. He has potential to be an amazing PF once he bulks up and gets used to the bigs in the NBA. ED Davis has all start potential and he is much better then any PF on the raptors right now. Unless if you brought Bargnani as a PF.
          totally agree with you until the very end. Davis is better than bargs.

Reggie is likely also on display for trade... no one is dying to get him but if he is to be bundled in a salary deal people want to know he can still thug-it-up a bit.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
          X