Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Put In The Raptor's Starting Five?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would You Put In The Raptor's Starting Five?

TO has already played 4 preseason games with 4 more left it's rotation setting time so who do you think Jay should start in 2010-11? I can only upload 10 choices so I will make nine player selections with 1 write in vote for the players not listed. Please only make 5 selections, thanx.

I would go with (until Davis is healthy):

Bargnani
    Evans
    Kleiza
    Barbosa
    Jack

When Davis is healthy:

Bargnani
    Davis
    Kleiza
    Barbosa
    Jack

With Weems as the 6th man, Johnson as the 1st big off the bench, Jose backing up Jack & DeMar rounding out my 9 man rotation.
    LKleiza
    17.57%
    JJack
    13.39%
    REvans
    3.35%
    SWeems
    3.35%
    ABargnani
    17.15%
    DDeRozan
    14.23%
    JCalderon
    5.44%
    AJohnson
    13.39%
    LBarbosa
    8.37%
    Other (Andersen, Dorsey, Banks, Davis *inj, Wright, Alabi)
    3.77%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Oct 14, 2010, 04:23 AM.

1 - Jack
    2 - Derozan
    3 - Kleiza
    4 - Amir now / Davis when he gets back to shape
    5 - Barney
    Last edited by matt; Thu Oct 14, 2010, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Calderon, Weems, Kleiza, Johnson, Bargnani... wow, after writing that I think the Raptors may want to start scouting for talent down at the local Y

Comment

1-Jack - he deserves it
        2-DeRozan - continue development
        3- Kleiza - might be the better Raptor this year
        4- Davis - Development
        5- Bargnani - Because there really isn't much choice here

Comment

Jack, DeRozen, Keiza, Johnson, and Bargs. When Davis get's healthy he should gradually be moved into a starting role, maybe sometime after the All-Star break. I also think Dorsey should see some minutes at the four.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Barbosa
            Derozan
            Kleiza
            Evans
            Barg

The way the offense sets are you really don't need jack or Calderon to run the point.

Comment

Go Small.

1- Calderon, 2-Barbosa, 3- DeRozan, 4- Kleiza, 5- Bargnani

Comment

Jarret Jack
                DeMar DeRozan
                Linas Kleiza
                Reggie Evans
                Andrea Bargnani

Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems playing huge minutes off the bench.

Comment

Go Small.

1- Calderon, 2-Barbosa, 3- DeRozan, 4- Kleiza, 5- Bargnani
                  Go Big : 1- Derozan 2- Kleiza 3- Bargnani 4-Johnson 5- Anderson/Dorsey
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                    Go Big : 1- Derozan 2- Kleiza 3- Bargnani 4-Johnson 5- Anderson/Dorsey
                    I think big would be Jack - DeRozan - Kleiza - Bargnani - Alabi

Comment

Jack - definitely like him with this group but I like xgm1 when jj and Jose went 6mins each q
                      DD - time to put up...period. He is ready to grow but needs the time on the court
                      Kleiza - the stabiliser of the group
                      Amir - with Evans and Dorsey mins to bang if or when amir gets into foul trouble and Davis to grow into on return
                      Bargnani - assumes he regains his shooting touch could lose this position.

Barbosa, Weems and jose primary off the bench with dorsey, Anderson and Evans secondary (for as long as he is around.)

Comment

people are saying biggest question is Jack or Calderon - I disagree - start Jack and let calderon beat up 2nd stringers.

Biggest question is Weems or Klieza?

Weems and DeRo are dynamite together weems is a much better defender.
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

C - Bargnani
                          PF - Davis (Evans or Dorsey until he is healthy)
                          SF - Kleiza
                          SG - DeRozan
                          PG - Calderon

Calderon brings a calming effect to the starting lineup and is a better distributor, which would help get the other players (especially Bargnani) good looks early on, to get their heads into the game. Jack would be a scoring punch off the bench and I think he would team with Barbosa, Weems and Johnson to make for a very quick, athletic second unit that could do serious damage. I could easily see Jack playing more minutes overall than Calderon, but I like what Calderon brings to the table at the start of games.

I don't think Johnson should start until he can prove he can stay on the floor for 8-10 minutes straight without consistently getting into foul trouble. I like the defense/rebounding that Davis/Dorsey/Evans bring to the starting lineup alongside Bargnani. Davis would be my top choice when healthy because he has the best offensive game of these three players, which puts less pressure on Bargnani from the start (Evans' defender doesn't even need to cover him, he can just double Bargnani).

Comment

Why are people starting DeRozan? He still has a long ways to go, especially on defense and rebounding.

PG: Jack
                            SG: Weems
                            SF: Kleiza
                            PF: Amir
                            C: Andrea

Though if Barbosa continues to do well defensively, I'd rather him start than Weems.

Comment

Jack
                              Derozan
                              Kleiza
                              Johnson
                              Bargnani

this is the most logical. even when davis returns i think amir wud start. BC put the money where his mouth is so he shud start the man he gave an outrageous amount of cash
                              http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Working...
                              X