No announcement yet.

Bill Simmons Ranks Raps 29th on Teams He's Most Excited to Watch Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol why are you all so sensitive? Bill Simmons is an entertainer and basically a comedian. If you're reading his stuff it's so that you can laugh. When a comedian makes fun of your race, are you the type to go all moody and sad?

Comment

Ha.
      Yeah I mean obviously he's not a former player or anything but he has been a season ticket holder since the age of 5. Maybe we should tell Arse to stop adding humor to his articles. God forbid sports should be entertaining.

Wait a minute! Are forum admins allowed to diss ESPN writers. Can I report you? I kid, i kid.

Anyway I've defended Simmons enough in my lifetime. I'm gonna go take in my empties.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Simmons is absolutely right. A marginal NBA fan would have no interest in seeing a Raptors game, because there are really no premier players on the roster, and no players who are that well known or marketable. Plus, the entire roster itself is weak, the coaching is poor, and while the team is athletic and somewhat exciting on offense, they are still pretty disorganized, inconsistent, and atrocious on defense.

As a Raps fan, I will watch every game because I want to see how we develop, and because I will still love the team no matter how horrendous we are. With that said, there is also absolutely no way I would pay money for a ticket to watch this team live this year. With the price of NBA tickets, it is absolutely not worth paying to watch this crappy of an on-court product, and as a fan in any other city, would you really pay money to see the Raptors as the visiting team?

And yes, Bill Simmons has stated before that Raptor fans are some of the craziest/most die-hard fans in the NBA. Whenever he posts something negative about the Raptors, he mentions that he knows he will get a ton of hate mail from the crazy Raptor fans, which is something he actually respects because we are passionate fans.

Comment

Bill Simmons is an idiot and is mind numbing to read when he pretends to be one of those middle aged down white dudes but he is right..nobody wants to watch this team...

Comment

Bill Simmons....ugh. *shudders*

Having said that, he isn't wrong here.
            Toronto's Finest

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              lol why are you all so sensitive? Bill Simmons is an entertainer and basically a comedian. If you're reading his stuff it's so that you can laugh. When a comedian makes fun of your race, are you the type to go all moody and sad?
              Why do you gotta make fun of white people like that?? Not cool man!

If playoffs were to start today, Raps would be the 7th seed! What does he mean they're not exciting? Oh wait, the season hasn't started...

None of us would've wanted to watch a team like Sactown a couple years ago, so why would anyone want to watch the Raps unless they're a fan?

Comment

You basically void ur opinion when you say things like Bill Simmons is a comedian or entertainer ?

Boring come lately middle aged pseudo intellect geek who thinks he has a cool pass when he makes tupac references in articles...

Comment

Working...
                X