Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Might Be Crazy in Saying This But ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Might Be Crazy in Saying This But ......

...... I'd be more than happy with Banks as our back-up point guard.

I was pleasantly surprised and more than happy with his performance and effort last season and again tonight (although against the Celts back-ups) he again played hard and helped us rally.

Sure his contract is horrendous, but can't fault the effort and I applaud his professionalism over these last couple seasons too.

Your not crazy, his contact is better than most of the rest of the roster anyway... Not that is a good thing though.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
      Your not crazy, his contact is better than most of the rest of the roster anyway... Not that is a good thing though.
      Actually, you're right. Considering it expires this year it isn't bad at all. Just looking back and the amount its been was hard to swallow. He definitely got the short end here. If anything, his solid play and expiring deal could make him attractive at some point this season for a contender. JMO

Comment

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Most guys in his situation (get a nice contract only to rot at the end of the bench) just sit back and collect their paycheques. You can tell though that he's been working hard to get back on the court and hopefully earn another job after the season.

MB would be more than adequate as a backup, especially with Barbosa in the mix. His bread and butter is pressuring the ball too, so who knows?

If only Jose wasn't determined to be a Raptor for the rest of his life...

Comment

completely agree - the Raptors need to get rid of Jose or Jack - which one doesn't really matter at this point. The one that is left can start and Banks and Barbosa can handle the back-up mintues.

Hopefully Jose or Jack can land the Raptors a mobile, defensive minded centre who makes a living off rebounded, blocking shots and getting easy put backs around the basket.

I sure wish BC had something on Cuban so he could get Haywood or Chandler from the Mavs.

Comment

Lets see: Marcus Banks has not improved his shot or range at all since coming in the L, his shot selection is awful and his distribution is non existent. He's like a poor mans Mike James or a middle class mans Nate Robinson without the hops. His number one quality is his mano a mano but that's it. I love his heart and hustle but he is not an NBA regular. If not for his contract he'd be tearing up the league in China. The only thing MB is worth is a February salary dump.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

If Jay is so serious about defense why not play your best defensive pg over your worst defensive pg (Jose)? marcus was the only pg consistently turning defensive into offense last night wuith full court pressure taking Boston out of what they were trying to run like the Team USA defensive rhetoric Jay has been spitting all preseason.

Great 4th Q by the bench hopefully it will rub off on the more hyped players on the roster ie Bargnani. The bench is the best teacher....

Comment

last 5 mins of a close game id rather have Banks in there than Calderon.....

Comment

Fire jay!!!!!

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                  last 5 mins of a close game id rather have Banks in there than Calderon.....
                  he must be one of our worst coaches every.

Comment

Marcus Banks is clearly a better one-on-one defender over Calderon. However, I think that Calderon's strengths on offense cover for his weaknesses on defense. To really help this situation, you need to get a prime defensive C because Calderon can, believe it or not, play some decent team defense. The problem is when Bargnani is the guy who's suppose to help close in, you're not gonna get as many defensive stops as you'd wish. Get a defensive C, put Barney at the 4 and this becomes less of a problem.
                    Toronto's Finest

Comment

What glaring strengths does Calderon have the outweighs the fact that he plays absolutely no defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X