Turkoglu Accuses Toronto Fans Of Misunderstanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkoglu Accuses Toronto Fans Of Misunderstanding

What a dbag! I wonder what his excuse will be this year in Phoenix.

Hedo Turkolgu was predictably booed in his first return to Toronto on Sunday.

“People have to realize it’s not always the players,” said Turkoglu. “People just got to see what’s really going on and make a judgment after that. I’m not a random guy. Chris (Bosh) was an all-star. Other guys, all-stars, too. You have to ask them what was the reason that they left. Then people will realize . . . instead of just going after the players. (Vince) Carter, Tracy (McGrady), whatever. I know (Bosh), I hope he doesn’t get booed. He gave a lot of good stuff for this organization. I think he deserves to be welcomed in a nice way.”

Turkoglu will return to Toronto again on February 25th, which will be a meaningful regular season game.

“I’ve got to come here one more time . . . and get booed again,” he said. “When I came here, people think that I wasn’t paying attention or I wasn’t serious. But this is how I play. And if you look at it in the past, that’s how I do. I enjoy the game, and I go out there and I try to do my best. But here, I guess they misunderstand.”

Source - Dave Feschuk - Toronto Star

-_- go f yourself Hedo.

Comment

"I’ve got to come here one more time . . . and get booed again,” he said. “When I came here, people think that I wasn’t paying attention or I wasn’t serious. But this is how I play. And if you look at it in the past, that’s how I do. I enjoy the game, and I go out there and I try to do my best. But here, I guess they misunderstand.”

LOL. This guy either cannot express himself properly in English or needs a pr person. "come here one more time...", does that mean he retires after the season? "but this is how I play...", really? Is that why someone gave you a 50 mill. contract? "I try to do my best..." Is that why you were overweight and hit the clubs when you were too ill to play?

From what I have seen in preseason, if he continues to play that way (with Nash as pg) there'll be another arena he's gonna get booed in.

Comment

the way this guy talks ud think hes had a great pre season this year, & all his struggles last season were cause of the way he was used. only problem with that thinking is HE STILL SUCKS!
        hedo is just another over hyped over paid bum who Cashed In Then Checked out

hope u choke on a long one Hedo

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          From what I have seen in preseason, if he continues to play that way (with Nash as pg) there'll be another arena he's gonna get booed in.
          This is what "Valley of the Suns" had to say about the "Turd".

"But there were still some alarming things that came from the game, including another forgettable game by Hedo Turkoglu.

Turkoglu, who was greeted with boos every time he touched the ball, didn’t force any shots and collected five rebounds and two blocks. But don’t read too much into that.

He proved to be nothing more than a stand-still shooter when Nash was on the floor, which is a far cry from the facilitating playmaker Alvin Gentry raved about.

The Suns need to find a better way to use Turkoglu so that his skills aren’t put to waste and it isn’t the Toronto version of Hedo all over again."

Read More: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2010/10/1...rs/#more-21116

Comment

My beef with Turkoglu doesn't necessarily have to do with his poor season here, or even with his lackadaisical attitude on the court. I can handle an overly-hyped guy dissappointing us on the court, but it's true, he was out of shape and could have performed better.

Hedo said he didn't get much love when he was here, which is bs, he received more fan love right off the bat than he deserved. The reason he gets harassed now by TO fans is because of the off-the-court issues, including trash-talking the organization and contributing to the anti-Raptors sentiment already existing throughout the league. That, and he really sandbagged Jack Armstrong with the now-infamous, highly unprofessional "Ball" interview. Jackass.

Comment

Turk is a system player and that system is in Orlando w/ DHoward.......plus he should have been in training camp last season instead of getting the Club Med treatment.....part of the blame lies with management and how they handle Turk from jumpstreet.

I don't expect much out of Turk in Phx as their roster is just as bad as the Raptors- as is.

Turk is right about one thing the Rap's front office and how they let Bargnani get away with seemingly everything.....who wants to be a part of that bull chit....

Comment

"Toronto fans accuse Turkoglu of being a little bitch" oops nvm , he is...

Comment

Can someone explain to me why fans take it so personally when a player doesn't perform to their expectations?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    Can someone explain to me why fans take it so personally when a player doesn't perform to their expectations?
                    It's not a matter of a player who didn't play up to their expectations, on most nights, it seemed as though Hedo was just going through the motions. On a couple of occasions (I can probably count it on one hand) where he actually played with a lot of effort.
                    Had he played hard, the fans might have been able to look past his numbers. For Toronto fans - no matter what sport it is, it's all about the effort.

Comment

Okay, then can someone explain to me why fans take it so personally when a player is just going through the motions?

Don't get me wrong here, I am/was frustrated by players who take it easy, but why take it so personally? Hedo Turkoglu may have been a piss-poor employee for the Toronto Raptors, but so is Jose Calderon when he's trying to play defense. Just because one tries harder than the other, the latter should be flamed and booed?

From my point of view Turkoglu is/was no more frustrating than watching Bargnani trying to rebound, or watching Jose's man blow by him. It's all one and the same to me.
                      Last edited by ebrian; Mon Oct 18, 2010, 04:53 PM.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

The problem is, we all know what to expect from Jose or AB, but it was kind of different with Hedo. He has the potential to be the differencemaker on a good team but you saw nothing of this last year. I thinks it's a mix of too high expectations and a very disappointing season. I don't take it personal or something like that, but for how he has treated the organisation he deserves evrerything which has come at him from the fans(Boooing, no insults).

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          It's not a matter of a player who didn't play up to their expectations, on most nights, it seemed as though Hedo was just going through the motions. On a couple of occasions (I can probably count it on one hand) where he actually played with a lot of effort.
                          Had he played hard, the fans might have been able to look past his numbers. For Toronto fans - no matter what sport it is, it's all about the effort.
                          don't even try explaining it to him in any other way than,

the facts.

played like shit, dissed jack armstrong, he faked injuries(and not so someone else could play) to go and get jiggy with it, he refused to wear protection after getting his face damaged(not that it looked any worse, ugly son of a bitch that he is), acted like he was the victim and that he ran shit and demanded to be traded.

clearly after we aready said were looking to trade your sorry ass tried turning the tables as if he was the victim and smack talked from the other side of the freakinb earth in another freakin language!
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Maybe its the way Canadians are. Sometimes it feels like we as a nation band together, especially with the NBA. It feels like its us (the raps/Canada) vs. them (the rest of NBA/U.S.). Plus we took it personally because he insulted the organization, the city, and called fans out for ratting him out. Not professional by any means. So really we're just protecting our own.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                              Turk is a system player and that system is in Orlando w/ DHoward.......plus he should have been in training camp last season instead of getting the Club Med treatment.....part of the blame lies with management and how they handle Turk from jumpstreet.

I don't expect much out of Turk in Phx as their roster is just as bad as the Raptors- as is.

Turk is right about one thing the Rap's front office and how they let Bargnani get away with seemingly everything.....who wants to be a part of that bull chit....
                              a) Turk is a system player? Is that a criteria someone in the nba aspires to when becoming a highly paid free agent? He is a forward with a set of skills. This team for better or worse asked him to use them all ...not just those he felt like employing.

b) "Club Med" was also extended to Bosh as I recall because of a hamstring problem...but he found a way to be/stay in shape. imo it was quite appropriate to extend some off time to any player going thru a schedule Hedo did. He decided to act as an immature teenager.

c) You mean having a pg like Nash shouldn't make Hedo all he can be?

d) Your last point comes across as misguided support for Hedo because of your mutual distaste for BC & the mlse crowd.

For myself, Hedo was very unprofessional during his year here after signing as a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                              X