Bring Back The Claw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back The Claw!

As many of you may or may not be aware of the fact that the Raptor's have made uniform changes over the summertime in order to become more Canadianized including replacing the Raptor Claw with the Maple Leaf see thread: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ot-the-Raptors

So I would like to know how many folks out in RR land would like to bring back the Claw or keep the Maple Leaf........
    Keep The Maple Leaf! Toronto's Is Canada's Team!
    4.35%
    Bring Back The Claw! Oooh Baby I Like It Raaaw!
    65.22%
    Maple Leaf? Claw? Who Cares?
    30.43%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Oct 19, 2010, 05:20 PM.

I want the dinosaur back. The 90's are due to be cool anytime now. I still rock my Mighty Mouse jersey.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I understand the whole Canadian thing, but they are still the Toronto Raptors and should have their own identity. Claw!

Comment

Claw

Comment

To be honest I'm not a fan of the subtle changes made to the uni. If you look closely enough you'll notice almost like a two tone look to the uniform (vertical stripes), I don't like it. But apparently league wide they are going with a new more breathable material, which I think accounts for the slight change in appearance.

But they def need to bring back the claw baby!

Comment

I want the paw. Huskies all the way.

Comment

I already mentioned this, but apparently people ignored it because it clashed with their argument, but I'm pretty sure the maple leaf has more to do with MLSE than making it Canada's team. By the way, are the Leafs Canada's team because they have a big maple leaf on jersey. Hey, aren't those two teams owned by the same organization? Isn't that organization called Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment?

Personally, I like the claw better, but, quite frankly, I don't really care all that much. The last jersey I bought was when the Grizzlies were leaving Vancouver and I wanted a memento (got a Bibby black one). I wore it once playing ball, but never since. I don't really understand anyone over the age of 20 wearing jerseys off a basketball court, to be honest.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                I want the dinosaur back. The 90's are due to be cool anytime now. I still rock my Mighty Mouse jersey.
                Word. I have a stitched game jersey I still wear. Those things are heavy as f*#k and rub the s$@t out of my nipples!

Comment

I have always thought the "Claw" was a great identity metaphor for the team. The symbolism of offense/attack and defense/intensity are built into that logo....which screams out "BEWARE". Now, if only the team could match those thoughts and match their playing identity with the symbol the marketing guys at mlse would be creaming their underwear

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I already mentioned this, but apparently people ignored it because it clashed with their argument, but I'm pretty sure the maple leaf has more to do with MLSE than making it Canada's team. By the way, are the Leafs Canada's team because they have a big maple leaf on jersey. Hey, aren't those two teams owned by the same organization? Isn't that organization called Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment?

Personally, I like the claw better, but, quite frankly, I don't really care all that much. The last jersey I bought was when the Grizzlies were leaving Vancouver and I wanted a memento (got a Bibby black one). I wore it once playing ball, but never since. I don't really understand anyone over the age of 20 wearing jerseys off a basketball court, to be honest.
                    Well I mean unless its "game day" you shouldn't be wearing it off the court,

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I have always thought the "Claw" was a great identity metaphor for the team. The symbolism of offense/attack and defense/intensity are built into that logo....which screams out "BEWARE". Now, if only the team could match those thoughts and match their playing identity with the symbol the marketing guys at mlse would be creaming their underwear
                      I agree I though tthe Claw was a dope symbol much better than Barney with a basketball.

The Maple Leaf insignia regardless if it's associated with MLSE or not looks very fruity tootie on the uniforms in my mind- bring back the claw asap!!

Comment

Working...
                      X