Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So can we now criticize BC for the Hibbert-O'Neal trade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Same scouts that said Emeka Okafor was goin to be dominant low post player and a safer pick then D12.
    Okafor was a safer pick than Howard. Okafor had just won a national championship as the leader of UCONN and was named the most outstanding player of the tournament. Dwight Howard was a kid coming out of high school. You're using now to justify the past. It doesn't work that way.

Comment

Same scouts that said Emeka Okafor was goin to be dominant low post player and a safer pick then D12.
      Okafor was the safest pick between the two at the time. Okafor was a winner at the NCAA level, and won a bunch of awards. The riskier pick went #1, and the Magic were rewarded by their patience. Hibbert will probably end up like Okafor. Solid double-double player (13/14-10) and will probably get a fat contract because of it.

Comment

People HERE are realists ? lol
        Hibbert is going to put up a near dbl dbl this year those that watch him,know this so by all means continue to toss out meaningless
        bs stats of what he did last year his soph season.....
        Stats are concrete. Your futile arguments are not.

Comment

I don't think Hibbert will ever reach Okafor's level. Okafor is a strong defender and a good rebounder. He's strong as an oxe and has the traits to be a very good veteran leader. Hibbert's goal should be Rasho Nesterovic.

Comment

And the same scouts that said that Rafael Araujo was a huge reach for Toronto at 9 and that he was a limited player who had very little upside. Sometimes they do get it right.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I don't think Hibbert will ever reach Okafor's level. Okafor is a strong defender and a good rebounder. He's strong as an oxe and has the traits to be a very good veteran leader. Hibbert's goal should be Rasho Nesterovic.
              I think Hibbert could be better offensively than Okafor, but Okafor is simply more agile and athletic than Hibbert. I think there are many times when Hibbert can't be on the floor, like when the team is playing a small. Okafor can still keep up. Hibbert can't.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Why would Roy's goal to be like someone he is already better than right now ?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Stats are concrete. Your futile arguments are not.
                  not really my dude,stats are about as subjective as an opinion....esp in basketball you can twist stats to suit about anything you want....as you see on these boards with bargnani lol

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I don't if dealing the 17th pick is really all that high risk. And everyone seems to be forgetting the questions surrounding Hibbert when he came out. Most scouts thought he might not have the agility to be able to really be a big minute player in the NBA. Otherwise a 7'2 center that can defend, score and rebound would have gone much higher.
                    Dealing the 17th pick was not the risky part, that was just part of paying too much. Taking on Jermaine's bad knees @ $22M/yr was the risk I was referring to...

Comment

not really my dude,stats are about as subjective as an opinion....esp in basketball you can twist stats to suit about anything you want....as you see on these boards with bargnani lol
                      Twist stats? Right. I understand that statistics are just too hard for you to comprehend. It's okay.
                      Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I think Hibbert could be better offensively than Okafor, but Okafor is simply more agile and athletic than Hibbert. I think there are many times when Hibbert can't be on the floor, like when the team is playing a small. Okafor can still keep up. Hibbert can't.
                        I think Hibbert's offense is overrated. He's playing on a crappy team and is getting his number called because of it. You put him on a playoff team and I bet his offensive stats go down, along with him PT.

Comment

Hibbert will get all-star consideration this year. I've watched some stuff in the pre-season and the kid seems focused and no longer lost on the court. Do, I care about the JO trade no.

In the long run Alabi/Davis will have good careers, perhaps better than Hibbert so I really don't care.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I think Hibbert's offense is overrated. He's playing on a crappy team and is getting his number called because of it. You put him on a playoff team and I bet his offensive stats go down, along with him PT.
                            I'd agree his stats would go down on a better team, but he seems to have a softer touch than Okafor.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

NOOOOOOOPE Meka had knee problems cming out of college too and people were skeptical about his offensive game at the pro level..where as Dwight was a far superior athlete with a much bigger ceiling....yes easy in hindsight but at the time i wasnt all that impressed with meka coming out and thought as well he could be a major stiff in the NBA...

Comment

Yeah but I'd take the fundamentally sound back to the basket Okafor any day.

NOOOOOOOPE Meka had knee problems cming out of college too and people were skeptical about his offensive game at the pro level..where as Dwight was a far superior athlete with a much bigger ceiling....yes easy in hindsight but at the time i wasnt all that impressed with meka coming out and thought as well he could be a major stiff in the NBA...
                                Alright, well you keep on believing that but there are dozens of too good to fail high school to the pros stories. Nobody is quetioning what Howard was valued for, they're question your take on who was the safer pick and it certainly wasn't a high school kid over the NCAA player of the year who had just led his team to a national championship.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X