Jeremy Lin, New Asian American Player in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Lin, New Asian American Player in the NBA

For those who aren't really aware of the new Asian-American player that joined the NBA, his name is Jeremy Lin. He was partially guaranteed a contract deal with the Golden State Warriors. When he played in Harvard, he was the only NCAA Division I Men's basketball player who ranked in the top ten in his conference for scoring (17.8), rebounding (5.5), assists (4.3), steals (2.4), blocked shots (0.6), field goal percentage (0.502), free throw percentage (0.744), and 3 point shot percentage (0.400). It does show that he has at least some potential for the NBA. I was just wondering what people think about his skill or potential in the NBA. If you want to see some of his highlights, here is a link for you to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVzGm8SbOM

Note: I do know that they are just college highlights and that the NBA is a much different experience, but do you think he has enough potential to be a relatively good point guard in the NBA?
    He'll be an All-Star no doubt!!
    0.00%
    He'll be a good point guard, but not an All-Star!!
    85.71%
    He'll do terrible in the NBA!
    14.29%

I remember watching him in summer league when he was with Dallas and they played against the Wizards, he played just as good or better then John Wall did.

I think he has good potential, and you got to think that as a Harvard grad his basketball I.Q must be very high.

Comment

We should try to get him, when he plays he is very smart. Very Steve Nash like IQ IMO.

Comment

I would definitely love it if we did get him. He could be like Linas Kleiza, in the sense that both are really good players, but they were overshadowed by the starter. Kleiza was overshadowed by Carmelo Anthony, so he didn't get too many minutes and couldn't play at his full potential. But now he's playing so much better now that he's got the starting position on the Raptors. Jeremy Lin could be the same, cuz he is overshadowed by Stephen Curry, so he probably can't get enough minutes to play to show what he can really do.

Comment

He wont get off the bench...

Comment

Trife76, wanna take that back now?

Comment

Lin is a very smart, heady player. He's essentially Jose Calderon without the shooting ability. A good backup and a decent starter in a pinch.

Comment

his shooting isnt awful... but golden state is the perfect place for him right now..

his intangibles are great for a 2nd or 3rd PG.. and his shooting is only going to get better playing and practicing every day with monta and steph curry

i doubt he'll ever be an all-star.. but he should be around the league for a LONG time..

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  his shooting isnt awful... but golden state is the perfect place for him right now..

his intangibles are great for a 2nd or 3rd PG.. and his shooting is only going to get better playing and practicing every day with monta and steph curry

i doubt he'll ever be an all-star.. but he should be around the league for a LONG time..
                  Who said anything about his shooting being awful? I just said he's not as good shooting as Calderon. I think Calderon is a very good shooter. if he puts his brain to good use like he did at Harvard, he could carve a niche for himself as a career backup.

Comment

his stats did.

but, granted he hasnt had alot of PT yet... he has a nice jumper though, and there's really no reason for it to improve

i like the kid alot... his defense and tenacity are extremely impressive for a rookie.. especially for an undrafted ivy league rookie

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      his stats did.

but, granted he hasnt had alot of PT yet... he has a nice jumper though, and there's really no reason for it to improve

i like the kid alot... his defense and tenacity are extremely impressive for a rookie.. especially for an undrafted ivy league rookie
                      A lot of people said teh same things about Calderon when started out with us. His game reeks of Jose's early years.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                        Trife76, wanna take that back now?
                        No

Comment

If he is given the minutes, he can be really important. He could be the Warriors' version of Lamar Odom when Bynum was healthy.

Comment

I think he will be like an Anthony Johnson type player. He will grow into a solid backup. He will be a veteran and we wont forget who he is, he will have his moments.

As for being an allstar...doubt it but then again i doubted jay trianos defence...wait...forget i said that...he wont be an allstar

Comment

Working...
                            X