Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dampier Still a Possibility?

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

The question now is if Evans has been good enough to make them re-think a chance to get Erick Dampier and the answer is no.

Damp’s still on the horizon – the Raptors have had conversations with him over the last few days – and they’ll know something in the next handful of days.

Please no. The addition of Dampier perhaps wins us another 3 or 4 games and simply moves us up the draft board. It also removes playing time from Ed Davis. This is would a very dumb move.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
      Please no. The addition of Dampier perhaps wins us another 3 or 4 games and simply moves us up the draft board. It also removes playing time from Ed Davis. This is would a very dumb move.
      not if there are other trades in the works. also remember he is only going to play 55-65 games and 20-24 minutes a night.

as the team is currently constructed I would not want dampier but if it was part of a larger roster shake up, I would strongly consider it.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Oct 24, 2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I was an advocate of bringing in Dampier at the beginning of training camp; however, now would be a frustrating move. I have watched a lot of the preseason and all I have heard from Triano is how hard he has worked the guys, the comraderie that has formed and how they are not massaging anybody this time around. If they bring in Dampier (who has intentionally sat out all of preseason) then this could be the start of division and double standards on a team that's only strength is team.

Comment

dampier would mess up the raptors...hes got maturity issues and would be a rolemodel for the younger players

Comment

There have to be better moves the Raptors could make - the Raptors need a stopper in the middle and a speedy point guard....
            1. Somehow get involved in the Denver shake-up - there is no way they are going to get Melo, but Ty Lawson would be really nice... maybe even Nene (could Barbosa put in a good word?)
            2. I have to think one of either Haywood or Chandler is going to get upset with lack of playing time in Big-D, not exactly sure what the Raptors can offer them, but maybe another team can get involved?
            3. If and when Oden and Pryzbella get healthy, Portland may want to move either one of them or Camby?
            4. Bynum????
            5. Other options at the point????

Comment

No. Reggie gives better effort on defense and rebounding. Also, David Anderson has proved he can be a solid back up. No need for this signing anymore.

Comment

I was never high on Dampier but has instead been pining for the TPE to be used on Okafor. HOWEVER, the looming lockout or new CBA will prevent BC and MLSE from acquiring Okafor's massive contract. I'm led to believe as a fan that the TPE at this point will be let go without ever being touched. If we are looking for a band-aid solution, it would be Evans at the 4 and Bargs at the 5. If we are destined to be a 25-win team and decide to add Okafor and say we get 10 more wins (an absolute max), we still find ourselves out of the playoff picture and out of the top 5 in the draft for next year. I think that BC, will stand pat. If the team struggles, his excuse is that it is the post-Bosh era. If he lets the TPE go untouched, he can use the looming lockout as a reason not to hand-cuff the franchise. Either way, he'll come out with a viable excuse for the team to under-perform. He's not tanking it, but he's also not addressing the deficiencies because addressing them will just put us out of the draft and / or the playoffs anyway. Just my thoughts.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

On the possibility of a lockout...I think not. Why? Cause clearly most of the owners are making money and so are the players. The players union is notoriously weak and I dont know if many of the richest among them would like their lifestyles to change much. These guys are all businessmen on some level and will see a way of a sawoff for a deal.

On Dampier: isnt it curious that no one has picked him up yet? Or is it because the guy wants to bypass the rigors of training camp? Look what happened to Hedo last year. WHat does it say to the rest of the team who busted their asses the last month and how long before Mr. D gets into game shape? And is he signing here because he really wants to (he would have done this already)? All in all it doesnt make sense at this time. He is not a difference maker.

Comment

I agree with the majority of these posts. Dampier is not a difference maker. He's old and lazy.

I'll speculate but there's no grounding for it. I could see there being a possibility of doing something with the Mavericks later on in the season. As of right now they have 4 centers, Haywood, Chandler, Ajinca and Mahinmi. Though the last two are not starters they could put up solid minutes and numbers to back up Haywood. Maybe half-way through the season Chandler will be up for grabs and Dallas and Toronto could do some kind of deal.

It's totally hypothetical and there may not be anythign to it. I do like that there are options out there for the team. Again I must say that I do not think Dampier should be one of them.

Comment

I've been reading these post and im pretty sure u guys want a losing season ,this is what i have to say to u forget u guys with the losing mentality I wanna win now and if you ever go in to something with a losing state of mind thats what you'll always be a bunch of losers
                      Last edited by lyrical militia; Sun Oct 24, 2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

lyrical militia wrote: View Post
                        I've been reading these post and im pretty sure u guys want a losing season ,this is what i have to say to u forget u guys with the losing mentality I wanna win now and if you ever go in to something with a losing state of mind thats what you'll always be a bunch of losers
                        So are you saying that if we got Dampier we will win now? If that's the case I think you are sorely mistaken. I don't think anyone wants to lose, I think most of us just concur that Dampier is not going to be a catalyst to do it now.

Comment

When asked if Alabi could spend some time in the D-League this year, Triano said possibly, as the youngster needs to play, no matter the location. He does not figure to get much playing time in Toronto, especially when Davis comes back from his knee injury.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/R...#ixzz13LW5nVR2

My guess is that if the Raps sign Dampier, Alabi is going to the D league.

Comment

weemsfan wrote: View Post
                            dampier would mess up the raptors...hes got maturity issues and would be a rolemodel for the younger players
                            Maturity issues? Where on earth did you hear that? I've heard nothing but good things about Dampier. Still, I don't think the Raptors should be looking at him.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

lyrical militia wrote: View Post
                              It seems you are convinced that Dampier would help the Raps "win". What exactly is your definition of "win"....how many games would that be and for how many seasons. Have you strategized the growth process for the Raps or are you more inclined at following the Isiah Thomas model of acquiring incompatible and expensive parts and hopeful that something would stick or if not, he could then peddle his unusable pieces as "assets" that someone else would be breaking down the door for? It didnt happen in either case.

Comment

Working...
                              X