Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consider yourself on the waiting list. I need to sort out who's staying and who's going. Matt just took over for Joe who is leaving the league. Typically 3-4 people leave these big leagues per year. It's a 14 team league so I expect a few more. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Consider yourself on the waiting list. I need to sort out who's staying and who's going. Matt just took over for Joe who is leaving the league. Typically 3-4 people leave these big leagues per year. It's a 14 team league so I expect a few more. I'll let you know.
      Thanks Apollo, I have been looking for a keeper league for a few years now.....I hope I get in.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• We have an NFL keeper league too by the way.

Comment

• I only know hoops!
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• haha fair enough.

Comment

The first year is over so I guess we don't need to worry about that playing out. At $25/player nobody is going to keep more than two or three guys. The guys who are now keepers are more than likely going to stay keepers for good. They'll be kept twice(max times you can keep a player) and then traded. The setup rewards returning teams by letting them keep few guys at an average price.

At the end of the day this isn't a dictatorship, we're open to ideas on how we should proceed given that we plan on this league running hopefully for a long time.
              You can only keep them for 2 years?!!?!

Comment

• You can hold onto a player for up to three seasons. You've already held your players for one season so you can keep them for up to two more seasons. This is fairly typical in many forms of fantasy keeper leagues. If we don't like it then let's discuss it and figure out what's best.

Comment

• I have never done a keeper league, but I would think that a 5 season window to keep players would be pretty good.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I don't know, that seems long. I've never been in a keeper league that allowed you any more than three seasons.

One idea would be that we can "sign" players to a maximum of five seasons with the catch being that you cannot cut that player. The risk here being that if the guy goes down with a devastating injury you're stuck with him if a trade can not be found. This would add an element of risk/reward.

Comment

• That sounds cool.....now just get me as team Apollo, I want in on this!
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I won't know anything until late summer when I start gearing up for the new season. I like the enthusiams though and I'll let you know as soon as I know about openings. Matt was lucky in that someone dropped out early.

Comment

I won't know anything until late summer when I start gearing up for the new season. I like the enthusiams though and I'll let you know as soon as I know about openings. Matt was lucky in that someone dropped out early.
                          I know its not late summer yet, but it would be good to get in just after the NBA draft, I would like to work trades and the like....
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• You won't be able to work deals because you won't have a roster until draft night. New comers don't get keepers, just like the rest of us didn't have them before last draft.

Comment

You won't be able to work deals because you won't have a roster until draft night. New comers don't get keepers, just like the rest of us didn't have them before last draft.
                              I thought I would be taking over an established team, I will wait.........
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X