Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 93 - Knickerbockers 98 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 93 - Knickerbockers 98 (F)

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Jack, DeRozan, Kleiza, Evans, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R) Calderon, Andersen, Barbosa, Banks, Johnson, Weems, Wright

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Alabi, Davis, Dorsey

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R)Felton, Douglas, Gallinari, Stoudemire, Mozgov

Bench

(L to R) Walker, Chandler, Fields, Mason, Randolph, Rautins, Turiaf

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Curry, Williams, Azubuike

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Bargnani: 17.2 ppg in 80 gp / Kleiza: 9.9 ppg in 08-09

Amar'e: 23.1 ppg in 82 gp / Gallinari: 15.1 ppg in 81 gp

KEY MATCH-UPS

DeMar DeRozan vs. Toney Douglas

Linas Kleiza vs. Danilo Gallinari

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Don't forget to vote for the winner at the top of every game thread.

Alrighty guys and gals, bringing back the game threads to see if they actually gain any interest this season. So, use this thread for the the pre-game jibber-jabber and make your picks today, tomorrow and right up to the 7pm tip-off on Wednesday.
    Toronto Raptors
    82.14%
    New York Knicks
    17.86%

Whoever took Knicks deserves a good slap!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Whoever took Knicks deserves a good slap!

Comment

haha, guess it was you! how could you Doc? It's game 1, and they're going 82-0...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          haha, guess it was you! how could you Doc? It's game 1, and they're going 82-0...
          I'm always pessimistic. I'm not overly confident still. Eventhough we beat them the other night, Amar'e ate us alive and he only played 20 or so minutes. Not looking forward to him punishing our frontcourt.

Comment

David Andersen will eat Amar'e alive!! Have you not seen this:
            http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...w/490065975019

Comment

It will be a good game. I'd say they're about at the same level skill-wise. I know that's a very arguable statement but I look at who they have and really we can't say they will overload us. Amare is and always will be over-rated.

Comment

They have amare and Galinari and thats it. I doont think Amare can play like that all game. Keep in mind its a 82 game season. Raps have home court too, raptors all the way.

Demars dropping 15 plus points and Bargnani will finish with 20 and 4rbs

Comment

Are you sure Jose is the starter?

Last I read Jack was the starter. :/

Comment

Well I hope Jose doesn't play more than 20 minutes. And also, I really hope Amir doesn't foul out. I think we can win this, Bargnani needs to drive, and attack Amare. Get him into foul trouble early, or someone needs to do that or he'll destroy us.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Are you sure Jose is the starter?

Last I read Jack was the starter. :/
                      Not 100% sure RaptorsFan .... I recall reading something last week via Doug Smith that Jose would likely start. But I guess we'll know more later today. I personally would like Jack to start.

Comment

Other than the Montreal game, haven’t seen the Knicks, meaning ... haven’t seen ‘em with Galinari in there. Can’t help wonder if D’Antoni kept him out so as to be able to show the Raptors something they didn’t see last Friday night. Wouldn’t surprise me. Still, picking the Raps. Hoping they come out guns-blazing. And not (necessarily) referring to the young ... ones(z ... whatever). Go Raps.

Comment

You should keep the bench for both teams to 5 players. Also, I think Azubuike is injured and won't play. Bargnani/Stoudemire is also a key match-up.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                            Also, I think Azubuike is injured and won't play.
                            Thanks ... I totally forgot about his knee issues. Likely out till the new year too.

Comment

I think Jose should come off the bench, because the second unit seems to at times have more defensive intensity. Maybe they can help him a little more on the defensive side. Plus those guys could use his passing on that unit, also it might take a little pressure off him not being the starter and we might get better results out of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X