Record High 84 International Players in NBA This Season - Raptors Lead With Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Thanks for making my point for me...Dirk couldnt lead his team to a lesser team (2006) and then proceeded to get shytted on by the Warriors in the 1st round a year later depite being a 1 seed with 67 wins,he completely disappeared in that series...as most overrated euros do when it gets physical and tough....not to say i dont like Dirk but he is not capable of leading a team to a ship....Nash is not a euro/overseas player and he is considered intl but isnt really he plays an american style having gone to Santa Clara so that doesnt work...
    Nash plays an "American style"? Then what's the "European style"?

Personally, based on what I've seen, I think you have a strong negative prejudice against international players so this discussion isn't going to go anywhere. You've already made up your mind.

Americans aren't special, just more of them play basketball than in other countries. There's nothing in the water and they don't have "superior dna" or anything like that. Same can be said in the past about Canadians and hockey. A great, dominate player can come from anywhere just ask Hakeem Olajuwon.

LBF wrote: View Post
    are you referring to nash's canadian background or south african?
    Apples and apples. It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

What should one really expect BC has turned Toronto into a European/International NBA experiment ever since he arrived in Town and subsequently drafted Barg's number 1 overall.

His experiment backfired on him last season destroying a playoff caliber team as the team was split into cliques in the locker room according to media reports. Just get the best players period you don't have to match the population if your team is good, winning games.smh Marketing & bull chit 101.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
        Parker plays an american style of basketball,Dirk is a choker,Manu is south american..Pao Gasol is a soft big man who piggybacked Jack Bauer 24 to 2 rings,his brother Marc is a stat stuffer who doesnt protect the basket on a terrible team with an unkept beard...anything else ?
        You do know that South America is considered not part of the USA right?

Comment

2 NBA teams don't have a single international player on their roster- LAC & NJ? (off the top guesses).

Btw- I have no problem with international players as long as TO gets the best ones ie Parker, Nowitzki, M/P Gasol and so forth. Barbosa I like. Kleiza- wait and see. Calderon- no. Alabi- no. Andersen aka Aussie Up- wait and see. Bargnani- smh.

Btw does anyone know for certain which 2 teams those are w/o any international players on their rosters?

Comment

Not sure how you can justify going after Alabi.

A.) It's been clearly stated that he's a project.
            B.) It didn't cost much to get him.
            C.) He's not in a position to affect the outcome of games so who cares?
            D) How are you gauging his ability to learn and improve and how are you gauging his maximum potential? Have we really seen enough to make judgment?

The guy I want to see in Toronto next season is AK47. He's going to be a free agent. He plays strong defense. He rebounds. He also has solid offensive skills.
            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 28, 2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X