The "Let's Get It Off Our Chest" & Vent About Chris Bosh Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't expect the Raps to do the same as they did with LeBron. LeBron is a 2 time MVP and is a better player than Chris Bosh. The Cleveland economy was based on LeBron James. lol.

I definitely feel that Colangelo's top priority was to sign Bosh and he said as much. Maybe you're right about his final intentions at the end of the day but I think BC gets way too much credit around these parts. I want my GM to be good at building a team and a consistent winner, not making sure revenue margins are high.

If he didn't have the power to trade him if he knew he wasn't coming back, then I don't feel he's the right GM for this team. GM's act in the best interest of the franchise to try and WIN. Fans should expect nothing less.

You make good points but it comes back to what I'm saying about non-contenders and players not wanting to play for a scrub team. BC has been here long enough with or without Bosh to create and establish a solid foundation. He has not done it. We have no team identity or style of play and his grandoise predictions at the start of each year are sales tactics to keep fans coming out cheering mediocrity.

His job is to build a solid team that can win and you don't do that shuttling players in and out each year. I don't think BC has done a good job as GM of this Raptors team. Thats why when I hear fans or media types (Feschuck is notorious for this) claim Bosh only won 3 playoff games, well what did BC do? Did BC only win 3 playoff games as well? Who's repsonsible for success or lack thereof in the organization? Blaming Bosh is ridiculous at this stage of the game.
    lets just agree to disagree, lol.

Honestly, i dont think BC made this team the best, but he did his best to do what he can for this team, given the restrictions that were present.

Personally, i dont want BC to continue as the raps gm, but credit has to be given where its due. he did what he can with what was available to him.

lets just end it at that.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      have you ever booed VC?

for as classlessly as he left the city, his contributions to the community in toronto make bosh's look like throwing a few pennies in the united way box at tim hortons

yet we all hate him.

i feel dirty for even invoking his name to prove a point.
      I never boo VC actually. I don't cheer for him however as I wasn't pleased with him quitting the way he did but I would prefer a player like that gone than on the roster. I wasn't upset for what they traded him for either. Better to get rid of a dude who the coach couldn't put in at the end of the games cause he wanted to get traded and didn't do what he was told.

You know this for a fact that VC did more than Bosh charity wise. Why? Cause he had his celebrity ball game on Caribana Friday? Regardless I respect community stuff because a lot of these less fortunate kids need it and value it. There are a bunch of players currently on the team that I have NEVER seen do anything in the community other than playing ball dunking on dudes in rec. centers.

Comment

I've got to say, the discussion on this thread is a little embarrassing. I can understand being upset with the guy for leaving, but the amount of vitriol here is astounding. The guy just went to another team. He didn't kill or rape anyone. He played more games as a Raptor than any other player, other than Morris Peterson, and was a five time All-Star. He owns the Raptor record for scoring, rebounds, double-doubles, blocks and free throws. He didn't get the Raptors past the first round of the playoffs, but he didn't exactly get a lot of help.

I'm not going to follow or cheer for him now that he's on the Heat, but I'm not going to take his leaving personally, as so many seem to be doing. I've got far better things to do.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          How you gonna ask them to clean it up but call it a 'venting' thread? Thats what venting usually consists of.

What is there to vent about at this point anyways? Move on.

Not saying anyone has to like Bosh at all but when I read the explicit comments and then in the same breath ignore what he did for the community in Toronto (not even baskteball related) I laugh.

Or does that not count for anything in today's world? It's just a sport at the end of the day. If dudes don't like the guy how he left, thats cool, but to say all of the filthy foolishness in this thread is childlike. Be a man.
          Venting is one thing sleepz, but talking about jizzing and cumming isn't necessary in my opinion. (not referring to you) Let's try and be a little civil.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Venting is one thing sleepz, but talking about jizzing and cumming isn't necessary in my opinion. (not referring to you) Let's try and be a little civil.
            defintely agree.

Comment

the mental toughness is not their i think he is the type of player that would choke in the playoffs and completely disappear
              ya dun noe

Comment

LOL. Well the forum seems active! HAHA

Comment

Those who are familiar with my (increasingly infrequent) posts know that I rarely, if ever, make personal attacks (except maybe during the Khandor days...ah nostalgia makes things look better).

That said, this thread is stupid, you guys are a bunch of cry-babies, and you all need to grow up. The Bosh boo-birds will be the stupidest of all. Will I boo Hedo? Damn straight - that man gave us zero, and we (almost) gave him 53 million. Will I boo Bosh? Why in the hell would I? Because he lost focus in at the tail end of the season, where EVERYONE talked about free agency? And that isn't an excuse - it's just that 1 month of mediocrity is not enough to wipe out everything he gave to the Raptors -- even IF couldn't handle a deep playoff run on his own. Can you really blame Bosh for leaving Toronto?

Look, I am not saying that Bosh wasn't part of why the team failed to advance past the first round. It has become a trite saying that Bosh is not a central all-star who can carry a team with only role players (hell, even Duncan couldn't do that). But he gave us 7 SOLID YEARS. So what, the Raps missed the playoffs. Big deal - they were going to get knocked out by Cleveland anyway, in 4 games.

-----

But no, poor Toronto, they got jilted by Bosh. Did we? Didn't Bosh give us 7 years of blood, sweat and HGH? Jeez. Look at all of Bosh's quotes post-Toronto. Has he said even ONE thing where you couldn't interpret it in a way that was more on the side of truth and less on the side of slamming Toronto? He likes media attention...oooh, terrible professional star athlete! I bet he would have had MORE THAN ENOUGH ATTENTION if the Raptors ever put together a team capable of deep playoff run.

Raps fans, no matter what, will ALWAYS boo a former player provided he a) left in free agency, or b) asked to be traded - regardless whether he is a Hedo or a Bosh. The only guys we cheer are the ones we traded in a pursuit to get better, because we feel like that player never broke up with us.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                    Those who are familiar with my (increasingly infrequent) posts know that I rarely, if ever, make personal attacks (except maybe during the Khandor days...ah nostalgia makes things look better).

That said, this thread is stupid, you guys are a bunch of cry-babies, and you all need to grow up. The Bosh boo-birds will be the stupidest of all. Will I boo Hedo? Damn straight - that man gave us zero, and we (almost) gave him 53 million. Will I boo Bosh? Why in the hell would I? Because he lost focus in at the tail end of the season, where EVERYONE talked about free agency? And that isn't an excuse - it's just that 1 month of mediocrity is not enough to wipe out everything he gave to the Raptors -- even IF couldn't handle a deep playoff run on his own. Can you really blame Bosh for leaving Toronto?

Look, I am not saying that Bosh wasn't part of why the team failed to advance past the first round. It has become a trite saying that Bosh is not a central all-star who can carry a team with only role players (hell, even Duncan couldn't do that). But he gave us 7 SOLID YEARS. So what, the Raps missed the playoffs. Big deal - they were going to get knocked out by Cleveland anyway, in 4 games.

-----

But no, poor Toronto, they got jilted by Bosh. Did we? Didn't Bosh give us 7 years of blood, sweat and HGH? Jeez. Look at all of Bosh's quotes post-Toronto. Has he said even ONE thing where you couldn't interpret it in a way that was more on the side of truth and less on the side of slamming Toronto? He likes media attention...oooh, terrible professional star athlete! I bet he would have had MORE THAN ENOUGH ATTENTION if the Raptors ever put together a team capable of deep playoff run.

Raps fans, no matter what, will ALWAYS boo a former player provided he a) left in free agency, or b) asked to be traded - regardless whether he is a Hedo or a Bosh. The only guys we cheer are the ones we traded in a pursuit to get better, because we feel like that player never broke up with us.
                    But... but... but... Wait...Actually nope, There`s nothing left to say. You`ve hit every nail on the head. It shouldn`t be too hard to cheer for our new roster...

Comment

"classy Bosh"

Check out the nba.com replay of the Miami heat Philadelphia game. in the first 5 seconds it shows Chris Bosh flipping someone off. Why did we endear this jerk? I'm glad he's gone!

http://www.nba.com/games/20101027/MI...t2hp0021000006
                      Last edited by albertan_10; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                        Check out the nba.com replay of the Miami heat Philadelphia game. in the first 5 seconds it shows Chris Bosh flipping someone off. Why did we endear this jerk? I'm glad he's gone!

http://www.nba.com/games/20101027/MI...t2hp0021000006
                        Didn't see that ... could cost him ... jerk ...
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Bosh is acting more and more like a fool everyday. Makes me think we should start a petition/facebook movement to just ignore Bosh when he comes to town, no booing, no reaction at all… just the sound of crickets when he’s announced and touches the ball.

For the heck of it… let’s cheer Vince when he comes to town this year… at the very least he never bad-mouthed Toronto and did WAY more for the community here than Chris ever did.

I used to be a big Bosh fan but the man’s true colours are showing and it’s not pretty.

Comment

Sleepz,

You want to talk about teammates? Look at Miami last year. Are you telling me that Wade had better team around him than Bosh did? Are you telling me that they had a better coach than Toronto did? I agree that team results and team success speaks louder than individual stats. i mean look at Zack Randolph over the years/. Great Stats poor team play..... Bosh is a punk. Take it to the bank.

Be thankful that Bosh is gone because we would have had to put up with another 5 years of mediocrity. Maybe now (even though will will be horrible the next 2 years) we have a better chance to build a contender around someone else (not Bargani)

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              KG is a pretty big dude. He's like 7'1" and 260. Bosh is like 6'10", 240.
                              Official info from NBA.com:

Kevin Garnett
                              Height: 6-11
                              Weight: 253 lbs.

Chris Bosh
                              Weight: 235 lbs.

KG is more or less the same size as Bargnani and that is no doubt bigger than Bosh.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 28, 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Official info from NBA.com:

Kevin Garnett
                                Weight: 253 lbs.

Chris Bosh
                                Weight: 235 lbs.

KG is more or less the same size as Bargnani and that is no doubt bigger than Bosh.
                                Apollo, you know as well as anyone that those stats can't be trusted. Garnett is apparently over 7 feet and I'm pretty sure Bosh is just 6'10. I read numerous articles about the fact that Garnett didn't want to be listed at his real height and why. It really made no sense to me, but there you have it.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X