X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    heinz57

your sig is amazing ... hahah
    "Champ here. I'm all about havin fun. you know. start a fire in someones kitchen. or go to seaworld, take my pants off... anyways, im famous for my signature catchphrase... WHAMMY!"

i swear dude, you're responsible for at least the past five rewatches of that movie in my house

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      "Champ here. I'm all about havin fun. you know. start a fire in someones kitchen. or go to seaworld, take my pants off... anyways, im famous for my signature catchphrase... WHAMMY!"

i swear dude, you're responsible for at least the past five rewatches of that movie in my house
      I've finally figured out ur avatar....u r bosh...burgundy is dwade...and thblishsi guy is lebron, right!??

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        I actually agree with you on the bosh-bashing. i have a lot of nasty things to say about bosh but ive grown tired of posting it. the guy's gone, let him do what he wants and lets just worry about who we have in our team now.

couple of points tho, i dont think colangelo was "dying" to resign him. i think its just common courtesy for a team to offer to re-sign their franchise player, but i think he pretty much new towards the deadline that bosh wasnt going to re-sign. i think this was evident in the fact that there was a lot of interest in calderon, who colangelo couldve traded for something better or for expiring contracts which wouldve freed up cap space and put the raps in a position to sign a big name. BC couldve gutted the team and made moves that wouldve made bosh happy, but he didnt, coz he knew bosh was never going to stay anyways. and during the whole free agency disco, he didnt even make the trip to see bosh, he sent marc eversley, pretty much telling bosh we're done.

if with the current structure of the raps team we're thinking that management is not putting itself in a position to make a big signing either before the deadline or next summer, then we are all naive. everyone in the planet is pretty much saying that this team is a cellar dweller, which just means BC is not doing anything now, but is setting up something in the future, case and point, the new jersey nets last year.
        I'm not sure if making that type of offer or potential committment is a common courtesy. Phoenix didn't offer any respect to Amare. They offered him a deal lower than max and for less year.s If he ended up signing off then what? Sorry Chris but we didn't expect you to take the deal?

Colangelo should have traded Calderon regardless of what was happening on the team. In hindsight he should be kicking himself now cause he can't get rid of him now. And if he knew Bosh wasn't going to stay why not try and move him or Calderon to make the team better in the future. I don't think BC knew anything and was guessing like you and myself.

Colangelo mihgt be 'trying' to set something up for the future but the example of the NJ Nets is poor because what did they end up doing? Signing a bunch of middle tier players to bloated contracts. BC is good at this kind of thing.

Comment

Sleepz,

Since we are looking into real statistics for CB4 last year I took the time to validate my claim that Bosh is a Punk. I looked at 21 games in total from last year, all with top 4 teams from each conference. Here are CB4's averages:

FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc
          7.1 14.6 45% 0.3 0.4 19% 5.8 7.2 71% 2.9 7.1 10.0 2.0 0.6 0.7 2.4 2.8 20.4 15.5
          GmSc
          Game Score; the formula is PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 * AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV.
          Game Score was created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player's productivity for a single game.
          The scale is similar to that of points scored, i.e., 40 is an outstanding performance, 10 is an average performance, etc.

Three main things stand out. Points, Hollinger Rating and victories. He scored 4 less points during those games from his season average. His GmSc rating was a little above average and the Raptors as a team lost 75% of those games.

I am pretty sure that we can go back and forth with the numbers but I chose to look what did his team achieve while he was here.

Comment

I think the greatest way to respond to the end of a bad relationship is not to follow that person around and analyse their every move and tell everyone about how they suck......

Just don't watch their games and get on with your life..........
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Seriously guys let it go.

Also, I guess D-Wade sucks too. 4-16, what a chump.

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
                Seriously guys let it go.

Also, I guess D-Wade sucks too. 4-16, what a chump.
                While I agree with you, fans are entitled to vent. Hence why we created this little diddy.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                  I think the greatest way to respond to the end of a bad relationship is not to follow that person around and analyse their every move and tell everyone about how they suck......

Just don't watch their games and get on with your life..........
                  its not a relationship. its a competitive sport.

if you leave my side of a competition, you're now the enemy.

if you leave my side if a competition talking out your ass, you're a douche.

bosh deserves every ounce of disrespect he gets from Toronto fans.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote:
                    Alright, how old are you? Was that really necessary?
                    You get mad at me for that but say nothing about what thbhlils is sayin below!!??

Heinz calls bosh a c*** uncensored and you are getting mad at me???!!!

What happened to freedom of speech bro? Next time i just wont censor it so it will fit in with the theme.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure if making that type of offer or potential committment is a common courtesy. Phoenix didn't offer any respect to Amare. They offered him a deal lower than max and for less year.s If he ended up signing off then what? Sorry Chris but we didn't expect you to take the deal?

Colangelo should have traded Calderon regardless of what was happening on the team. In hindsight he should be kicking himself now cause he can't get rid of him now. And if he knew Bosh wasn't going to stay why not try and move him or Calderon to make the team better in the future. I don't think BC knew anything and was guessing like you and myself.

Colangelo mihgt be 'trying' to set something up for the future but the example of the NJ Nets is poor because what did they end up doing? Signing a bunch of middle tier players to bloated contracts. BC is good at this kind of thing.
                      Clearly BC and management wanted Bosh to re-sign, why else would they have offered the max if they didnt want him back? But the argument im making is they werent "dying" to re-sign him, they didnt give him all the power that the cavs gave lebron....what im saying is they didnt work themselves to death trying to re-sign bosh. they didnt go ballistic and overhauled the roster just to impress bosh so he would "consider" re-signing. imagine if BC overhauled the roster to Bosh's liking and then Bosh still left?? People wouldve probably hunted down BC.....and please dont tell me that if BC made major acquisitions it wouldve convinced bosh to stay....the cavs did all that and Lebron still left....theyve planned this thing all along.

i think its easier said than done. if a disgruntled franchise player wants to be traded, it would take a catastrophe for the team to trade him, not because the team wants to keep the player, but because of the repercussions that the team will face (loss of ticket sales, merchandise, etc) how would you expect BC to trade bosh when he didnt even demand a trade? and bosh was wise to that, dont tell me he didnt have it planned all along....he was not going to demand a trade, he will play out his contract, keep his image, endorsements intact, pad his stats and go through the free agency process the way its supposed to be done. BC knew bosh was not going to re-sign, but he doesnt have the power to trade him.

the NJ nets had a plan, it just didnt pan out. they did what they had to do, get solid young players to build around, free up cap space and they were ready when the draft and free agency hit. they just missed. what im saying is the past season they did their job and prepared the team for a big summer splash, it just didnt work out for them. That is what BC might be doing now, he's preparing, but doesnt mean come summer time he'll be successful. You can have 500million dollars to offer a player but if he doesnt want to play here, what can you do? Can you blame the GM? He did what he had to do right?

This is why im confused as to why everybody here keeps bashing BC. He did his job. He offered Bosh a maximum extension, but he didnt sign. Why is that BCs fault? BC got Weems for practical chump change. And the issue with calderon, i think we all think that the contract that he got was too bloated. we think that now. now that he is injured. now that he is on a slump. but when BC gave him that contract, he was averaging almost a double double (12/8) with 1.1 steals, 52%FG and 43%3PTFG with a 91% FT%. at that time it was a good signing. with a team like the raptors, you have no choice but to offer a bloated contract and hope the guy turns out to be a gem, otherwise, they wont be able to sign any players. why would amir play his balls out for chump change on a crappy team? would you do that? of course you have to see management's side on this. nobody willing and able is going to play for a non-contender, unless you give them more money than the other team.
                      Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

panagnos wrote: View Post
                        Sleepz,

Since we are looking into real statistics for CB4 last year I took the time to validate my claim that Bosh is a Punk. I looked at 21 games in total from last year, all with top 4 teams from each conference. Here are CB4's averages:

FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc
                        7.1 14.6 45% 0.3 0.4 19% 5.8 7.2 71% 2.9 7.1 10.0 2.0 0.6 0.7 2.4 2.8 20.4 15.5
                        GmSc
                        Game Score; the formula is PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 * AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV.
                        Game Score was created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player's productivity for a single game.
                        The scale is similar to that of points scored, i.e., 40 is an outstanding performance, 10 is an average performance, etc.

Three main things stand out. Points, Hollinger Rating and victories. He scored 4 less points during those games from his season average. His GmSc rating was a little above average and the Raptors as a team lost 75% of those games.

I am pretty sure that we can go back and forth with the numbers but I chose to look what did his team achieve while he was here.
                        20 and 10. I'm not sure how that factors into being a punk?

I can appreciate stats but I'm not dependent upon Hollinger and advanced metrics to make my point. I'm just going based on what I see on the court and the results at the end of the game.

Advanced stats sometimes don't factor in if your teammates are subpar, if your coach is wack, or if your GM annoys you during the game by standing in the player runway with his high collars shading the court.

Comment

boys, boys, boys.

be nice.... this thread is about hating on that turd chris bosh.

lets get back to that.

his fiancee is an Oompa Loompa

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote:
                            Come on guys. Clean this crap up or this venting thread will be locked immediately.
                            How you gonna ask them to clean it up but call it a 'venting' thread? Thats what venting usually consists of.

What is there to vent about at this point anyways? Move on.

Not saying anyone has to like Bosh at all but when I read the explicit comments and then in the same breath ignore what he did for the community in Toronto (not even baskteball related) I laugh.

Or does that not count for anything in today's world? It's just a sport at the end of the day. If dudes don't like the guy how he left, thats cool, but to say all of the filthy foolishness in this thread is childlike. Be a man.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              Clearly BC and management wanted Bosh to re-sign, why else would they have offered the max if they didnt want him back? But the argument im making is they werent "dying" to re-sign him, they didnt give him all the power that the cavs gave lebron....what im saying is they didnt work themselves to death trying to re-sign bosh. they didnt go ballistic and overhauled the roster just to impress bosh so he would "consider" re-signing. imagine if BC overhauled the roster to Bosh's liking and then Bosh still left?? People wouldve probably hunted down BC.....and please dont tell me that if BC made major acquisitions it wouldve convinced bosh to stay....the cavs did all that and Lebron still left....theyve planned this thing all along.

i think its easier said than done. if a disgruntled franchise player wants to be traded, it would take a catastrophe for the team to trade him, not because the team wants to keep the player, but because of the repercussions that the team will face (loss of ticket sales, merchandise, etc) how would you expect BC to trade bosh when he didnt even demand a trade? and bosh was wise to that, dont tell me he didnt have it planned all along....he was not going to demand a trade, he will play out his contract, keep his image, endorsements intact, pad his stats and go through the free agency process the way its supposed to be done. BC knew bosh was not going to re-sign, but he doesnt have the power to trade him.

the NJ nets had a plan, it just didnt pan out. they did what they had to do, get solid young players to build around, free up cap space and they were ready when the draft and free agency hit. they just missed. what im saying is the past season they did their job and prepared the team for a big summer splash, it just didnt work out for them. That is what BC might be doing now, he's preparing, but doesnt mean come summer time he'll be successful. You can have 500million dollars to offer a player but if he doesnt want to play here, what can you do? Can you blame the GM? He did what he had to do right?

This is why im confused as to why everybody here keeps bashing BC. He did his job. He offered Bosh a maximum extension, but he didnt sign. Why is that BCs fault? BC got Weems for practical chump change. And the issue with calderon, i think we all think that the contract that he got was too bloated. we think that now. now that he is injured. now that he is on a slump. but when BC gave him that contract, he was averaging almost a double double (12/8) with 1.1 steals, 52%FG and 43%3PTFG with a 91% FT%. at that time it was a good signing. with a team like the raptors, you have no choice but to offer a bloated contract and hope the guy turns out to be a gem, otherwise, they wont be able to sign any players. why would amir play his balls out for chump change on a crappy team? would you do that? of course you have to see management's side on this. nobody willing and able is going to play for a non-contender, unless you give them more money than the other team.
                              I wouldn't expect the Raps to do the same as they did with LeBron. LeBron is a 2 time MVP and is a better player than Chris Bosh. The Cleveland economy was based on LeBron James. lol.

I definitely feel that Colangelo's top priority was to sign Bosh and he said as much. Maybe you're right about his final intentions at the end of the day but I think BC gets way too much credit around these parts. I want my GM to be good at building a team and a consistent winner, not making sure revenue margins are high.

If he didn't have the power to trade him if he knew he wasn't coming back, then I don't feel he's the right GM for this team. GM's act in the best interest of the franchise to try and WIN. Fans should expect nothing less.

You make good points but it comes back to what I'm saying about non-contenders and players not wanting to play for a scrub team. BC has been here long enough with or without Bosh to create and establish a solid foundation. He has not done it. We have no team identity or style of play and his grandoise predictions at the start of each year are sales tactics to keep fans coming out cheering mediocrity.

His job is to build a solid team that can win and you don't do that shuttling players in and out each year. I don't think BC has done a good job as GM of this Raptors team. Thats why when I hear fans or media types (Feschuck is notorious for this) claim Bosh only won 3 playoff games, well what did BC do? Did BC only win 3 playoff games as well? Who's repsonsible for success or lack thereof in the organization? Blaming Bosh is ridiculous at this stage of the game.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                                Not saying anyone has to like Bosh at all but when I read the explicit comments and then in the same breath ignore what he did for the community in Toronto (not even baskteball related) I laugh.
                                have you ever booed VC?

for as classlessly as he left the city, his contributions to the community in toronto make bosh's look like throwing a few pennies in the united way box at tim hortons

yet we all hate him.

i feel dirty for even invoking his name to prove a point.

Comment

Working...
                                X