No announcement yet.

Sooooo Ya, How 'Bout Them Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about cutting down on the number of turn-overs and I think the Raptors could do much better and maybe even come through with a victory. You can't keep giving up 21 turnovers a game against good teams and expect to win a game. Against a poor team maybe you might scrape through with a victory but not against a team like L.A or Utah or Portland. Players are not playing that badly but the turnovers are the killers. Just think 5 less turnovers againt L.A. could have meant a victory instead of a lose.

Comment

Demar had one ugly game last night. He needs to figure out how to get the defensive advantage against his match-up. Its rare to see him take it on the numbers to draw a charge. I do think that when given time he'll start to pick up new facets of his game.

Another thing that's been bothering me is when last game vs the blazers. Demar kept turning the ball over because he was rushing his offence. He definately needs to pick up a new go to move, because a spin move can be risky.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

i am happy we are losing brings us closer to a top draft pick, there are some very good hoopsters in next years draft
        ya dun noe

Comment

- improve the on-court strategy, via a better definition of offensive hierarchy and flexible attitude taking advantage of contingent in-game situations

- start Jose if the current trend (JJ) remains the same

- start somebody else (problem is who) but Kleiza, if he doesn't get any better soon (still the Worlds effect?)

- better feeds to Bargs in the post (that is, Bargs has to improve gaining deep position, ball handlers have to improve delivering it), right now it's often too high to be effective
          ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

I don't know if kleiza is injured or something but he is not playing well he should be benched and play banks and wright more.

Comment

I think there is some "no reacquiring" trade rule for players acquired in that same season.
              So, no trades for Barbosa, wright and anderson.
              Last edited by peanutplaza; Mon Nov 8, 2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                I know you don't want any trade Bargs scenarios but the reality is, he has to go. ( how about for O.J. Mayo and Darrel Arthur)

Give Davis some burn to develop. Same for Alabi. Trade Jose or Jack and use either Barbosa or Kleiza at P.G. along with Banks to back-up the other. (how about trade Jack for Rudy Fernandez)

Give Demar, Amir, Sonny, Wright time to develop. If they don't consistently show improvement than trade them next summer.
                I wish we could get Mayo for Bargnani. I can't see Wallace entertaining that thought for Memphis. The guys I'd love to get are Thabeet and Conley.

Comment

peanutplaza wrote: View Post
                  I think there is some "no reacquiring" trade rule for players acquired in that same season.
                  I could be wrong, but I think they can traded after December 15th.

Comment

That is if they were free-agents. A player can be traded as many times as the teams want. When you sign a free-agent I think you have to wait till Christmas or something.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                      Colangelo shouldn't do anything. This team needs to develop some chemistry. Save it for next summer when he has a top 5 pick, cap space and a large trade exception to work with.
                      +1 except the trade exemption expires on the 13th of July I believe or whenever the Bosh SandT was official.

Comment

Teams cannot acquire the same player who they traded until after July 1st of the following year unless they are waived and no team picks up the player.

Teams who acquire a player and they are over the salary cap must wait 2 months to trade with any combination of other players.

Teams who acquire a player and they are over the salary cap can trade that player prior to the 2 months as long as it is only 1 player leaving that team (that is how Q-Rich was traded 4/5/6? times 2 summers ago).

Teams who sign a free agent cannot trade that player until after December 15.

Comment

Sooo,What about dem Raptor's???

hello everyone,I'm from Vancouver and yes.....i miss my Grizz.!!so,im rooting for the next best thing....or is it?i love the trades done over the off-season and i love this new look Toronto Raptor team.BUT....2 things are beginning to annoy me ..1)why arent our boys rallying around eachother more often ..especially if one happens to fall on the floor after making a play..I NEED TO SEE MORE TEAM LOVE ,man..2)i think we need a new coach..i even hate to think it...but reality says "COACHES ARE HIRED TO BE FIRED"...its early in the season enough to make the change...before we get too far back to not make the play-offs.I believe this team has what it takes(players and upper management)....to make a big splash in the play-offs,the problem is......we need to get there first.
                          Short Term remedylease make more 3 pointers ..pretty,pretty please.

Comment

Working...
                          X