Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Trades That Need To Happen: Jianlin For Evans"!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Trades That Need To Happen: Jianlin For Evans"!?

Yi Jianlian is coming off a summer in which he averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds during the World Championships. He also had a very productive preseason in which he out played the Washington Wizards current starting power forward, Andray Blatche.

In no way shape or form is the 23-year-old Yi a player that deserves to be in a reserve position. With his talents, he’s one of the 20 most versatile front court players in all the NBA.

At 7’0” and 250lbs, Jianlian is capable playing the five, four and three positions. His size and versatility would serve the Toronto Raptors better than any player currently on their roster.

Pairing him with the Raptors best player, Andrea Bargnani, would give the team one of the longest and most offensively and defensively versatile front court tandems in all the NBA.

Jianlian is currently making $4,050,500.00 this season. All the Raptors would have to do is offer up Reggie Evans and his $5 million dollar expiring contract.

With both players contracts scheduled to come off the books at the end of this season, it’s a winning situation for both teams. The Wizards wouldn’t have to cut Blatche’s minutes to accommodate Jianlian and the Raptors would get a proven starter at the position they are lacking in most.

It's a move that could make them better on both ends of the floor potentially.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...of-play#page/7

i'm remotely interested in this, but, not for evans.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...of-play#page/7

i'm remotely interested in this, but, not for evans.
    Excuse my French but FUCK NO!!!s m f h

He' softer than Barg's.s m f h

What TO needs is some good American bred basketball players not some more questionable Global players in my mind.

Quit outsourcing NBA jobs!!!s m f h
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Nov 9, 2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Thats pretty funny since Kleiza is the toughest guy on the raptors squad.

Nice idea though. I mean, really, I still don't understand why, unless you truly are looking for the first pick, you trade away most of your rebounding power.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Thats pretty funny since Kleiza is the toughest guy on the raptors squad.

Nice idea though. I mean, really, I still don't understand why, unless you truly are looking for the first pick, you trade away most of your rebounding power.
        Says who? You? I think that Evans is tougher than Kleiza by far.s m f h
        Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 8, 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Kleiza, tough? Right.. That's completely bs. He's not so much better than Bargnani in that regard.. He was soft as hell against the Lakers, and Portland.

Seriously though, Chilly, I didn't know Parkinson's showed over the internet.. Sorry.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            Kleiza, tough? Right.. That's completely bs. He's not so much better than Bargnani in that regard.. He was soft as hell against the Lakers, and Portland.

Seriously though, Chilly, I didn't know Parkinson's showed over the internet.. Sorry.
            What does that have to do with the thread? Why attack me? Makes no sense? s m h

Btw- to make fun of someone using a debilitating disease like Parkinson's http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/p...ns_disease.htm that many folks are battling everyday is totally classless and says more about you than me...s m h

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              What does that have to do with the thread? Why attack me? Makes no sense? s m h

Btw- to make fun of someone using a debilitating disease like Parkinson's http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/p...ns_disease.htm that many folks are battling everyday is totally classless and says more about you than me...s m h
              Very true. It is not funny to refer to serious medical ailments in such manner. Alzheimer's is another one which seems to get much unnecessary play...which reminds of Garnett's recent use of cancer in his trashy odes.

Comment

Wow that got personal.

No thanks on the trade, Yi is way over-rated. Why would you trade for a player who has no right being in the nba and lose one of your few assets? Evans is at least good for getting under players' skins and would be useful to a playoff team in limited minutes. Yi is a poor man's Andrea with less rebounding and a softer game.

Evans even has more fantasy value than him. Seriously, this is an easy no.

Comment

Yi has potential... not that this would do much for us, especially if we had to give up Reggie. Yi for Banks? Maybe. Not sure if we need another soft 7 footer who relies on 3's.

Comment

I admit that I really haven't watched much of Yi, but isn't he a poor defender? Wouldn't pairing Bargnani and Yi be pretty much a disaster defensively?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

lol @ Yi having potential....ugh yea of being back in china next season...

Comment

Yi is probably the worst forward in the NBA no BB IQ what so ever, we have enough pretenders on our team we dont need to collect them from teams in the league.

Comment

I just realized it's a Bleacher Report article. ENough said.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yi is basically Bargnani-lite, but not as good offensive, defensively, or a good shot blocker. He is a better rebounder than Bargnani though. However, I'd pass on Yi, especially for Evans. I'm sure we could get a much better offer than that for Reggie.
                            Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Nov 8, 2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              I admit that I really haven't watched much of Yi, but isn't he a poor defender? Wouldn't pairing Bargnani and Yi be pretty much a disaster defensively?
                              They certainly wouldn't become the new form of the Duncan/Robinson duo!

We already have a Bargnani, no use for a clone that's not even as good a player... Unless they added, say, John Wall... not a chance!

Comment

Working...
                              X