Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense is Better?

What games are you watching ?
    Biggest myth so far is the teams D has improved..its still ass all the way around...and the help D is still disgusting...

2nd biggest myth is Andrea's post D and man to man D is even decent when its not...I consider playig good post D a lil more than holding position and not moving yoru feet and then wildly swinging ur arms with ur feet still stuck in the same position...

atrocious...

I think you forget how bad it was last year. The biggest improvement this year over last is they are up in the passing lanes and putting pressure on the wings/getting in passing lanes. Interior D is horrible (more on Bargnani in a minute). Biendris and Lee are having their way on the boards. Evans for all his hustle is showing why he isn't a long term solution. He is a great hustle rebounder but he doesn't have the quick second jump and great hands like another great 6'8" rebounder (The Worm).

Watching the Warriors game tonight is bad - just bad, in fact, awful. Barnani looks like he wants the game over asap so he can get to go home and finish reading Twilight.

Comment

Bargnani got a headstart on his reading...he didnt get on the floor for the last of the 4th qtr. Is that a message?

Re defensive improvement...giving up over a hundred consistently is not improvement. Interior defense sucks. To not be better than GSW defensively is not a good thing. They at least have Curry & Ellis in the backcourt. Its going to be a long year.

Comment

No Reggie Evans is not a better defender than Bosh.

He is a lot worse.

Change the starting lineup now.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think you forget how bad it was last year. The biggest improvement this year over last is they are up in the passing lanes and putting pressure on the wings/getting in passing lanes. Interior D is horrible (more on Bargnani in a minute). Biendris and Lee are having their way on the boards. Evans for all his hustle is showing why he isn't a long term solution. He is a great hustle rebounder but he doesn't have the quick second jump and great hands like another great 6'8" rebounder (The Worm).

Watching the Warriors game tonight is bad - just bad, in fact, awful. Barnani looks like he wants the game over asap so he can get to go home and finish reading Twilight.
          I think you're being generous when you said Bargs' is into Twilight. I think he's more into a handful of Danielle Steele novels, after a cup of midnight tea. His line of 11 points and 1 rebound while sporting a -19 tells us that he is wilting under the spotlight. At this point, I won't even consider him to be a "serviceable" center. Both Curry and Ellis can do the Texas 2-step in side the paint tonight and Andrea simply cannot keep up. I guarantee you that he will cost Triano his job before he gets traded. His extended stay at the bench in the second half pretty much says it all. It's one thing to say that we're a top 5 lottery team but its another to say that we're a top 5 lottery team and we have to jettison AB to really give the team a brighter future.

I think that some fans are really delusional to think that there's hope with this guy. He's confused. Period. The fanboys can complain all they want about how "unfaithful" we are as fans, but come on. If we drafted Aldridge, we wouldn't be this bad. Really.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

The actual D hasn't improved, the effort has improved which is what is making the D look better. Honestly, the Raps have played pretty well considering their talent level. Can't doubt their effort. The D can be better, but that would require ruffling some serious feathers which if Triano does, he'll get fired so he won't.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              The actual D hasn't improved, the effort has improved which is what is making the D look better. Honestly, the Raps have played pretty well considering their talent level. Can't doubt their effort. The D can be better, but that would require ruffling some serious feathers which if Triano does, he'll get fired so he won't.
              Moving Evans out of the starting lineup will not get Triano fired. It might even get him some praise.

The Raptors are not good enough to score when they play four on five on offense and Evans can not move enough and his reach is too short to compensate for Bargnani's horrible team defense.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Moving Evans out of the starting lineup will not get Triano fired. It might even get him some praise.

The Raptors are not good enough to score when they play four on five on offense and Evans can not move enough and his reach is too short to compensate for Bargnani's horrible team defense.
                Which is why signing Damps won't make that much of a difference. Bargs moving to the 4 won't make a difference. Damps is slow. If they're going to get someone else for help, they need someone who's an inside threat. It's weird because they scored at will inside when they played the Lakers but was kept out of the paint when they played the quicker teams in Portland and Golden State. I guess, the Lakers transition defence isn't as quick as Portland's or Golden State.

I dunno, if you look at Houston, they have the biggest inside threat in Scola and they're just as bad as us (even worse in points allowed). Same for Charlotte, they have some serious bangers on that team but the record is the same (perhaps a lack of shooters?). A healthy Bynum would be nice. we just need something because our tallest player doesn't like it down low.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I was referring to Bargnani being moved out of the starting lineup. I think starting Evans has done the trick, his trade value is high right now and we should look to move him for a pick or something. No bad contracts please, we're better off just letting him expire.

Comment

Our defense is not good. No one said it was good, I think it is improved though. At least we see guys playing with a lot more energy, it makes it that much easier to watch.

Bargnani deserved to be benched tonight, I think Triano is showing him that his place on the floor isn't guaranteed. It might help, anyways I thought he should have played at least some of the fourth..

Comment

^ Stop it

You along with many other here were claiming the D was much improved over last year...stop codewording things like more energy..the D is still trashy,its still the same guys making the same mistakes...that more energy line is fools gold if its misspent on doign dumb things like racing over to an open shooter left opened by a bad rotation...

The D sucks still no way to spin the numbers or the obvious...

Comment

Working...
                      X