• Show
Clear All

• The Problem Is Lack of Offense Not Defense - Too Many Kool Aid Drinkers

Defense 09-10 vs 10-11
    --------------------------
    10-11 Points Allowed Per Game 104.1------Rank 24th
    09-10 Points Allowed Per Game 105.9------Rank 28th
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Change Points Allowed Per Game -1.8 - Improvement in Defensive Rank 4 positions

Offense 09-10 vs 10-11
    --------------------------
    10-11 Points Scored Per Game 99.1------Rank 14th
    09-10 Points Scored Per Game 104.1------Rank 5th
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Change Points Scored Per Game -5.0 - Drop in Offensive Rank 9 positions

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/by...ar=season_2009

The problem is not the defense though it could be better but it is the offense.

Kool Aid drinkers just don't get it. You can not play 4 on 5 on offense which the Raptors starting unit does.

Some Kool Aid drinkers like to compare Evans with Ben Wallace saying that Wallace was an all-star and he never scored.

So lets look at the facts and not the BS.

I chose the season that the Pistons won the NBA title for Wallace's numbers.

Wallace 2003-04----15.3% usage and 9.5 ppg
    Evans---2010-11----7.8% usage and 2.4 ppg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wallabe01.html

Then there is the more even ridiculous comparison coming from those who drink the extra-strength Kool Aid of comparing Evans to Rodman. This comparison is so ludicrous and such an insult to Rodman's skills as a basketball player that it is not worth commenting any further on.

I will grant the Kool Aid drinkers one thing. Defense is important. On that they are correct. However, if you are giving up more on offense then you getting back on defense from a person, then certainly it is better to go in another direction, which the Raptors need to do.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Then there is the more even ridiculous comparison coming from those who drink the extra-strength Kool Aid of comparing Evans to Rodman. This comparison is so ludicrous and such an insult to Rodman's skills as a basketball player that it is not worth commenting any further on.
    They're both great at grabbing balls............... and rebounding too.

thats about it though.

and a few games of great rebounding on a losing squad barely compares to monster rebounding on a championship level consistently

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      They're both great at grabbing balls............... and rebounding too.

thats about it though.

and a few games of great rebounding on a losing squad barely compares to monster rebounding on a championship level consistently
      Rodman was NBA 1st team all-defense 7 times - Evans none

Rodman won 7 NBA Rebounding titles - Evans has won none.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rodman
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

lol... you dont have to convince me, dude... i agreed with you.

Comment

you seem to like the bold red fonts buddha, well, to each his own.

from what i have seen, ball-handling skills of the raps is atrocious. last night, ellis and curry kept swiping at the ball with huge success, from jack to derozan to kleiza, none of them can hang on to the ball on the drive. ball gets swiped and instead of trying to get it back, they raise their hands in the air trying to get the attention of the ref. i think thats the most stupid move in the nba, and i think hedo invented it, kinda rubbed off on jose, demar, kleiza, amir and weems.

Comment

the raps def. need to get a real starting PG cause i got no faith in JJ or JC... they both suck in different ways.... the problem is with the PG on the starting squad not Evans. JJ turns the ball over way too much for the amount of assists he gets...he presses way too much to the point he just looks out of control.

Comment

The Rodman comparison is ridiculous: Rodman had Jordan, Reggie has Bargs. I still think they may be leaving Reggie in as a place holder for Davis, my question is when is Davis coming back? They may not want to insert Amir in the starting line up than take him out a week or two later, but I guess we'll see.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                the raps def. need to get a real starting PG cause i got no faith in JJ or JC... they both suck in different ways.... the problem is with the PG on the starting squad not Evans. JJ turns the ball over way too much for the amount of assists he gets...he presses way too much to the point he just looks out of control.
                I absolutely agree that JJ is pretty much always out of control and a major issue on the starting unit, and Jose is not much better but is a better point guard, and will take better care of the ball and get his teamates more involved.
                As for Evans the showcasing should be over and if he's not traded soon then he should come off the bench for what he is good at...grabbing some boards, taking a few fouls, getting under some guys skin, but not now or ever a starter on a team like this.
                Buddahfan is absolutely correct that we need to score to win and Reggie will never score, and nobody will waste their time trying to cover him because he's useless at everything except rebounding and hustle...hell he cannot pass it after he grabs the board either.
                Amir, Davis, Weems anybody instead of Evans..

Comment

Working...
                X