Miami's 2011 1st round draft pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami's 2011 1st round draft pick

I am fully well aware that it is only 10 games in to the season. HOWEVER....

With every Miami loss, this has the potential to increase the this draft pick up the board.

When Toronto got this pick, I was thinking, "Just great the 28/29/30 pick."

Now it is obvious they have some weaknesses - like all teams - but their's are glaring i.e. interior D, rebounding, each main guy needs the ball to be effective but there is only 1 ball!

There is a very real possibility they could be a fourth/fifth seed as Orlando, Chicago, Boston, and Atlanta COULD have a better regular season than Miami (ATL would be the biggest doubt there). It is also not out of the realm of possibility LAL, NOH, SAS, UTA, DAL, OKC could have better regular season records.

What is my point?

The first round draft pick that was originally thought to be 28/29/30 could be 22/23/24.

I know it is only 10 games, but something to consider given MIA's glaring weaknesses thus far. And as we know, somebody always slides in the draft.

Having 2 first round draft picks is awesome no matter where you speculate they will be placed by the end of the season. Right now it's a hard read to figure out where Miami will place it's way too early.

Comment

Yea except the upcoming draft is supposed to lack talent (ala 2007 draft)

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
        They also said the same thing in 2009, not so weak now are they? as far I'm concerned you can't judge the talent when we are no where near the time of the draft.

Comment

I though raptors got they own pick back from Heat! the one that they gave away when they traded ONeal for Marion. Are u guys sure we have two first round picks?

Comment

Riley's not going to stand pat (no pun intended) if Miami continues to struggle. When all is said and done, it's most likely the pick will be in the bottom five of the first round. It should still have value, especially if the Raptors end up packaging some picks to move up.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I had the impression that the Raptors got their 1st rounder back from Miami, and Cleveland has Miami's pick.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
                I though raptors got they own pick back from Heat! the one that they gave away when they traded ONeal for Marion. Are u guys sure we have two first round picks?
                The Raptors got two first round picks from the Heat. The one they gave up for Marion and the Heats. There is apparently some dispute about whether it's 2011 or 2012, though. And for some reason, I was under the impression the Raptors have another first rounder, but I'm not sure whose or why, but I could be wrong about that.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I completely agree, the Heat will be good but no where near all the hopla they made in the summer, they are more keen on celebrating their signings than their silverware.
                  In a best case scenario their pick could be in the low 20s, and that give us flexibility.
                  One question I have the order of draft picks for the non lottery teams i.e. 14-20 are they determined based on the regular season record?

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                    This has been tossed around for every year for a while now... I'm thinking back as far as 2006.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors got two first round picks from the Heat. The one they gave up for Marion and the Heats. There is apparently some dispute about whether it's 2011 or 2012, though. And for some reason, I was under the impression the Raptors have another first rounder, but I'm not sure whose or why, but I could be wrong about that.
                      Raps have Miami's 2011 1st round pick, which is lottery protected, along with their own 1st round pick back from Miami. Their 2011 2nd round pick is owed to Detroit from the Delfino trade, so only two 1st round picks in the 2011 draft.

Comment

Good to know, but doesn't get me excited. I honestly think after the top 15 players go, what you get out of the draft is entirely up to your scouting department. In 2009, Taj Gibson and Toney Douglas were found at 26 and 29 whereas Victor Claver and Byron Mullens were at 22 and 24. Obviously, the higher the pick the better and the Raptors benefit if Miami struggles, but if history has taught me anything it's that your late-round picks reflect just how good your front-office is.

Comment

Toronto got its own 1st round pick in 2011 back from Miami (from the Shawn Marion trade) AND Miami's 2011 1st round pick AND the $14.5 TPE.

Cleveland got Miami's 2013 AND 2015 1st round picks PLUS the $14.5 TPE.

Teams are not permitted to trade 1st round draft picks in consecutive years hence Miami trading 2011, 2013, and 2015 picks to acquire Bosh and LBJ.

Comment

Its not going to happen.

Miami's big 2 (heh) will eventually figure it out how to best use their style and strength to better complement the rest of the team. As soon as that happens Miami will climb up the top of the Eastern Conference. An injury to Lebron or Wade will however cause the team to slide a bit so my hope that the pick at least falls to 25 because there have been some good talent still present around that pick as opposed to other picks below that.

Comment

Joe Buddy wrote: View Post
                              Raps have Miami's 2011 1st round pick, which is lottery protected, along with their own 1st round pick back from Miami. Their 2011 2nd round pick is owed to Detroit from the Delfino trade, so only two 1st round picks in the 2011 draft.
                              Apparently Doug Smith said the pick was from 2012. I'm absolutely shocked that he might be wrong. Will the sun rise tomorrow?

Still, I had, in the back of my mind, thought that the Raptors had acquired another first round pick from someone, but perhaps not. COuld have simply been wishful thinking.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X