Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raps will beat NOH !!!

nice attention grabbing headline eh?

I am going to make a prediction making the big assumption that the Raps play they way they did against ORL and MIA. Of course its an assumption b/c it could just be wishful thinking and get all messed up once kleiza and barbosa come back and Triano tries to work everyone in.

But whatever, I think when the Raps play DD/weems, they feed off each other and there is this vibe on the team where everyone like AJ, wright, evans start making big plays, responding to runs, etc. They will still likely get out-executed and lose, but they will put up a good fight against even the powerhouses in the league. But I think there are a couple of teams that the Raps will give more fits than others, NOH being the best example.

Historically Jose has played CP3 well, b/c even though he is a quick pg, he isn't that explode to the rim type that rondo/deron/rose are. Also they love running iso plays for West, but the raps will be ok putting Bargs on him (pretty good man-to-man defense). And the raps have enough big bodies (reggie/AJ) to keep okafour of the glass.

On the flip side, NOH has no answer for the wing combination of DD/Weems. They dont really have anyone to stop them when they go iso and just take it to the rim (and get to the line). Ariza will be some resistance, but you cant rely on anyone to shut someone down 1-1 on the perimeter, and their eyes are going to light up when they see Belinelli. Okafor is a decent shot blocker, but I see major potential of him being on a poster in that game.

So when you add that together: THE RAPS WILL BEAT NOH WHEN THEY PLAY THEM book it!!! And its not going to be just a fluke, cause I'm calling it right now. They just match up extremely well against them.

agree/disagree?

(PS - This is a selfish post b/c I plan to bump it after Raps play (and beat) NOH Alternatively, if I have any sworn mortal enemies they can do the same if Raps get blownout)

cool story bro.

Comment

I take it you didnt see the NOH game vs Lebron and the boys. CP exposed that team. No adequate PG and interior defense which are in essence Raps deficiencies. The fact that Miami have the best wings didnt matter much. While making Okafor look like an allstar CP I believe had 19 assists and Ariza was terrific defensively. The only way the Raps are seriously contending for that game is if CP has an off night. The Raps just dont have the guns right now to overcome our mediocre pg play. That said Jose has been playing/moving better lately...and on any given evening there can be an upset (like in Orlando).

Comment

I admit, very good point about beating MIA (forgot about that). However, I just looked at the boxcore and it looks like LBJ and Wade both had bad shooting nights and they still only lost by 3. Also I dont see okafor getting 26 pts against the Raps. Since he is undersized even Reggie should be able to handle him. True, upsets can happen anytime and this would be an upset - but I maintan its beyond just a fluke, the Raps are a bad matchup for NOH.

Therefore: I stand by my prediction.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
          I admit, very good point about beating MIA (forgot about that). However, I just looked at the boxcore and it looks like LBJ and Wade both had bad shooting nights and they still only lost by 3. Also I dont see okafor getting 26 pts against the Raps. Since he is undersized even Reggie should be able to handle him. True, upsets can happen anytime and this would be an upset - but I maintan its beyond just a fluke, the Raps are a bad matchup for NOH.

Therefore: I stand by my prediction.
          If you are feeling it that good you are gonna have to lay some loonies on the game. The spread will not be small.

Comment

Ruuuuu... dude... did you know they don't meet until JANUARY 17TH? Both teams could be playing much different ball by then, still adjusting to all the new faces and possible injuries.

Also, I'm not sure why you think Okafor is undersized vs. Reggie. Emeka is listed at 6'10" 255 lbs, and Reggie is listed at 6'8" 245 lbs. Emeka has averaged 13 and 10 overall throughout his career, and he's also had a few monster rebounding games vs the Raps. He could very well eat Reggie up(if Reggiee is still with us at that point...).

Comment

Working...
            X