BC looking like a legit architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    i did... in the top left corner you can see the name of the poster...
    What does Isiah Thomas have to do with anything?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      What does Isiah Thomas have to do with anything?
      BC is the new isiah thomas... bad contracts, trading away draft picks for nothing... creating a huge mess...

took over a decade to clean up...

but hey isiah won awards and had a big name so to some people the knicks should have never fired him...

Comment

can anyone find the point to this post ?

i cant find ONE valid point... you just criticize bosh and the wizards.... which has nothing to do with anything.

and where did i say BC has done nothing correct ? i guarantee you cannot find a single post where i have said that...

so this goes back to your usual habits of just making stuff up...
        Man, you've already proven yourself ignorant, erratic, juvenille, and, now, delusional with the me making stuff up. Enough already. Go back through the posts if things don't make sense. I know it is difficult because you bounce around from OKC/SEA, to BC sucks, to WSH, to BC sucks, to Bargnani, to BC sucks, to Raptors suck, to BC sucks, to the regression in PHX with 62 wins-54 wins (Amar'e only played 3 games)-61 wins, to BC sucks, to Isiah Thomas, to BC sucks, to insulting anyone who has an opinion other than your own, to BC sucks, to lets rebuild like OKC which took 3 seasons after 2 years of failed attempts at competing but BC should do it in less than 1, to BC sucks, to lets get rid of all our contracts like WSH who still owe $80M to Gilbert over 4 years and $17M to Hinrich over 2 seasons, and, finally, another stab at BC sucks all the while each lame post totally ripped shot down only to have insults hurled or another off-topic comment brought up that have no relevance to the Raptors current situation.

You're coming back to posts from days ago. Let it go. It is obvious you hate BC and it is obvious you have lost much credibility with many of the regulars. I'm fine with that, really. I might join you in 2 seasons bashing BC but it will only be based on what he's done between now and then.

Until then, go get one of your Ken dolls from your bedroom, stick a high collared shirt on him, and stick some needles in it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Man, you've already proven yourself ignorant, erratic, juvenille, and, now, delusional with the me making stuff up. Enough already. Go back through the posts if things don't make sense. I know it is difficult because you bounce around from OKC/SEA, to BC sucks, to WSH, to BC sucks, to Bargnani, to BC sucks, to Raptors suck, to BC sucks, to the regression in PHX with 62 wins-54 wins (Amar'e only played 3 games)-61 wins, to BC sucks, to Isiah Thomas, to BC sucks, to insulting anyone who has an opinion other than your own, to BC sucks, to lets rebuild like OKC which took 3 seasons after 2 years of failed attempts at competing but BC should do it in less than 1, to BC sucks, to lets get rid of all our contracts like WSH who still owe $80M to Gilbert over 4 years and $17M to Hinrich over 2 seasons, and, finally, another stab at BC sucks all the while each lame post totally ripped shot down only to have insults hurled or another off-topic comment brought up that have no relevance to the Raptors current situation.

You're coming back to posts from days ago. Let it go. It is obvious you hate BC and it is obvious you have lost much credibility with many of the regulars. I'm fine with that, really. I might join you in 2 seasons bashing BC but it will only be based on what he's done between now and then.

Until then, go get one of your Ken dolls from your bedroom, stick a high collared shirt on him, and stick some needles in it.
          again no valid arguments... lol

Comment

Exactly - they are going through a bonafide rebuild. Look at their roster, future contract obligations, draft picks, flexibility combined with the progress being shown by the current team.
            a "bonafide rebuild" ?

yea ummm we might need to acquire a few more draft picks on top of what we already have to even taste rebuild... who are we developing reggie and D.A. ? barbosa ? kleiza ?

hahah

Comment

If Colangelo is such a failure and Amar'e was so important, why when he only played 3 games in 2005-06 did the Suns still manage to win 54 games? In the West at that.
              umm i dont know... maybe b/c of steve nash ? a back to back MVP winner ?

also a guy BC traded away the first time...

Comment

Obviously not everyone is happy with the Raptors and in essence BC. This thread was about BC being a 'legit architect'. My opinion is the Raptors have a great foundation with many role players and no go to players.

A perfect example is Kleiza. Personally, I don't see him starting for the Raptors if they are ever to be seriously competitive. I think it is fair to call Kleiza an average NBA player and an above average off the bench player for any team in the league. Think not? Well he came off the bench for some pretty good Nuggets teams, so there you go. He is paid less than an average NBA salary which as of 2009-10 season was $5.84M per season.

Another example is Johnson. Do I think BC over paid? Probably even with the contract not being the 5 years/$35M orginally reported. Is he an average NBA player? Right now, at best but he is only 23. That is a gamble that might not pay off. It didn't with Jose as injuries took a toll but it might this time around. Even still though, his salary is pretty average and when looking around the league at some salaries of big men (Gooden, Diop, Dampier the previous 6 seasons, Jermaine O'Neal with MLE, etc.) it is not out of whack.

Now what is my point? Looking at the players under contract for next season, the Raptors have this:

PG: Jack, Calderon
                SG: DD, Barbosa*
                SF: Weems**,Kleiza
                PF: Davis, Johnson
                C: Bargnani, Alabi

*Player option.
                ** Restricted Free Agent.

Those wanting youth, Calderon and Barbosa are the only ones over 25. Those wanting athletiticsm, DD, Barbosa, Weems, Davis, Johnson.

Between now and next season, there is trade deadline and draft where I fully expect one of JJ or Jose to go and we do have expiring contracts. There is also the TPE. There is also 2 first round draft picks. Combining all of these assets with what we have, this is what I see:

PG: (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), 1 of JJ/JC,
                SG: DD, Barbosa, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA)
                SF: (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), Weems, Kleiza
                PF: Davis, Johnson, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA)
                C: Bargnani, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), Alabi

Essentially, the Raptors need a starting calibre NBA PG (please Kyrie Irving), they need a wing (Jeff Green? Put him back to his natural position at the 3 and get him out of KD's shadow), and a big who may or may not start depending on Davis' development but is a good defender/rebounder/shot blocker/post up (Marc Gasol?).

This is my blue-print for the Raps. I wonder what BC is thinking.

*EDIT* The names above are just examples. Obviously one can hope but who really knows.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Obviously not everyone is happy with the Raptors and in essence BC. This thread was about BC being a 'legit architect'. My opinion is the Raptors have a great foundation with many role players and no go to players.

A perfect example is Kleiza. Personally, I don't see him starting for the Raptors if they are ever to be seriously competitive. I think it is fair to call Kleiza an average NBA player and an above average off the bench player for any team in the league. Think not? Well he came off the bench for some pretty good Nuggets teams, so there you go. He is paid less than an average NBA salary which as of 2009-10 season was $5.84M per season.

Another example is Johnson. Do I think BC over paid? Probably even with the contract not being the 5 years/$30M orginally reported. Is he an average NBA player? Right now, at best but he is only 23. That is a gamble that might not pay off. It didn't with Jose as injuries took a toll but it might this time around. Even still though, his salary is pretty average and when looking around the league at some salaries of big men (Gooden, Diop, Dampier the previous 6 seasons, Jermaine O'Neal with MLE, etc.) it is not out of whack.

Now what is my point? Looking at the players under contract for next season, the Raptors have this:

PG: Jack, Calderon
                  SG: DD, Barbosa*
                  SF: Weems**,Kleiza
                  PF: Davis, Johnson
                  C: Bargnani, Alabi

*Player option.
                  ** Restricted Free Agent.

Between now and next season, there is trade deadline where I fully expect one of JJ or Jose to go and we do have expiring contracts. There is also the TPE. There is also 2 first round draft picks. Combining all of these assets with what we have, this is what I see:

PG: (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), 1 of JJ/JC,
                  SG: DD, Barbosa, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA)
                  SF: (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), Weems, Kleiza
                  PF: Davis, Johnson, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA)
                  C: Bargnani, (draft pick/TPE/Trade/FA), Alabi

Essentially, the Raptors need a starting calibre NBA PG (please Kyrie Irving), they need a wing (Jeff Green? Put him back to his natural position at the 3 and get him out of KD's shadow), and a big who may or may not start depending on Davis' development but is a good defender/rebounder/shot blocker/post up (Marc Gasol?).

This is my blue-print for the Raps. I wonder what BC is thinking.
                  hey look at you making some really good arguments and not blowing your own horn !! good for you !!

Comment

hey look at you making some really good arguments and not blowing your own horn !! good for you !!
                    You see, that is why there is no credibility. No "Good point but I think...." or "No way man, this guy would be much better...." or "Really? You think that guy is part of the future?". Instead you come back with that.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                      umm i dont know... maybe b/c of steve nash ? a back to back MVP winner ?

also a guy BC traded away the first time...
                      LOL - DOUCHER ALERT!

Maybe he was traded because at the time the team had Jason Kidd and Kevin Johnson ahead of him? Maybe He was a 2nd year PG who really didn't blossom until nearly 4 seasons later? Maybe because he traded him for draft rights to a 1998 draft pick (Pat Garrity), some scrubs, and a 1999 1st round pick that became Shawn Marion?

And he did sign him back at a ridiculously low contract considering he went on to become a 2 time MVP and arguably the best PG of the last 10 years.

Yeah, BC is a real idiot.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        You see, that is why there is no credibility. No "Good point but I think...." or "No way man, this guy would be much better...." or "Really? You think that guy is part of the future?". Instead you come back with that.
                        BC is trying to pull a fast one.

he is too proud to actually trade away the vets and allow the team to develop... instead he is trying to save his own ass, at the expense of the fans who will have to put up with many more years of horrible basketball.

signing kleiza, trying to get matt barnes, and boris diaw, are all indications that bc has no intention of rebuilding...

he just wants to get lucky, make the 8th seed, and keep his job...

Comment

• Kleiza is a reasonable signing for the long term, IMO. It is a reasonable contract to a guy who will hopefully be the 7th/8th man off the bench.

Matt Barnes, I 100% agree. I do not know what that was about.

Diaw was part of the Diaw/Chandler for Evans/Calderon. This was about getting rid of Calderon's contract and creating more cap space moving forward, not a quest for mediocrity. Plus it would have put a real defensive big with Bargnani.

I can see your perspective about keeping vets but the season is still young. I'd be shocked if the Raptors stand pat until the trade deadline. After this season, the only real vets they have are Calderon, Jack, Barbosa, and Bargnani.

As I've said before, the young guys and foundation/bench are there. The team needs go to guys through development of what they have (DD, Weems) or trade/FA/draft. Bargnani is a good second or third option on O if he had someone to take the focus off him but his D is killing any value he brings to the floor. I didn't think it would be possible for him to get worse.

"he just wants to get lucky, make the 8th seed, and keep his job... "
                          I'm not so sure about the first 2, definitely agree with #3. During FA and summer league he was all about 'making the playoffs is our goal'. His tone changed at the start of preseason and onwards. As the GM he can't come out and say, "we're gonna be baaad!"

Comment

Working...
                          X