Should Raptors Take a Chance on Oden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Raptors Take a Chance on Oden?

The Blazers announced last month they would not offer Oden a contract extension. He was the first No. 1 pick since Kwame Brown not to get one at the end of his rookie contract.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ilblazers-oden

Should the Raptors try and sign him once he hits the market?

I personally think that we should offer him a short term deal. We really need to true C and Oden has the potential to one of the best in the league if he can stay healthy.
    Yes
    43.59%
    No
    56.41%
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 10:04 AM.

Too risky for my liking. I don't think at this point its something Colangelo should consider unless its one helluva bargain for what we could potentially sign him for. That being said, some team will likely overpay him to acquire his services next summer.

Comment

A 2 yr. deal @ 5 each with team option on second yr. and promise of all the playing time he can handle and resurrect his career. Throw in some incentives as well. More than that would be too much risk. Stoudemire seems to have recovered from similar surgery but Oden could have a bone structure equivalent to glass.

Comment

im with bendit

2 yrs @ 10 mil with 2nd year team option. and then file for injury insurance with the NBA just in case.

anything less, a contender can probably convince him away. does he qualify for the vet min yet? coz if he does, then a team like the lakers can sign him for the min and can afford to sit him out if he's injured.

but i think he'd consider a team like the raps, specially if he's coming off an injury. he knows he'll get playing time here. plus canada has awesome health benefits so he need not worry about meds and surgeries.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

but i think he'd consider a team like the raps, specially if he's coming off an injury. he knows he'll get playing time here. plus canada has awesome health benefits so he need not worry about meds and surgeries.
          Too bad all the good surgeons leave here and go to the states, though.

Comment

UPDATE

Oden to have micro surgery on left knee....out for 2010-11

Shut the thread down!!

Comment

Normal human beings have cartilage in their knees. This man has none. Should we take a chance?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                UPDATE

Oden to have micro surgery on left knee....out for 2010-11

Shut the thread down!!
                Did you even read the original post?

Comment

I'd take the a chance on him for a deal like the one bendit suggested. Oden still has a tonne of potential and while the injuries have been bad so far, I think it would be worth it to have him around if he ever does regain form. The guy is only 22 and even if these injuries have taken away some of his leaping ability (and there is no reason to think they have) he is still a huge 7 footer with a massive wing span. I think we will still be a good-great player in this league, he just needs a chance to prove himself.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If we get Oden, then we'll have 2 seven-footers with potential. Wow!
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      If we get Oden, then we'll have 2 seven-footers with potential. Wow!
                      Except Oden proved that he is a beast defensively before he got hurt last season which is what we need.

Comment

Keep in mind this is the same injury Stoudemire suffered and look how he's doing now. I think you have to give this guy a chance.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

For a low-ball contract, then yes...I think. He should have decent interest in coming here too, as we could guaranteed him a lot of PT. Besides, maybe Portland's just cursed.

But how the hell did he injury his other knee?

Comment

Only if he is paid by game and for a minimum contract

Comment

If the 2nd is a team option then why have it at 2 for $10 ??

Lets face it, if Oden can play , then he is well worth 10 mill a year.

I would offer him 15 ( first year 5 - 2nd year 10) with 2nd year as a team option.

I am sure almost all the GMs in the league will be willing to give Oden a ONE Year deal next year and see how he is going to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X