This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    What did Flip Saunders think about his 12 and 2 game in Washington ?
    I wonder if Flip thought that matchup was difficult for his team ?
    They did a pretty good job containing him, so I would say his gameplanning was pretty good right?

Comment

Half man, half vegetable lasagna.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        They did a pretty good job containing him, so I would say his gameplanning was pretty good right?
        They contained him from rebounding the ball and playing defense too huh ??

Washington is NOT a good defensive team or front court...try harder...

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
          They contained him from rebounding the ball and playing defense too huh ??

Washington is NOT a good defensive team or front court...try harder...
          Is that so?

Comment

hotshot wrote: View Post
            half man, half vegetable lasagna.
            lol

Comment

I feel bad for Bargs as he is a 7-footer that is automatically filed into a (Center/PF) role. A role which requires him to grab a respectable number of rebounds (ideally 8-10 a game) and average in the high teens in points per game effeciently. And with him being a number 1 pick, it just adds to more of the reasonings why people scrutinize him a lot. Now I'm not saying that's the primary reason why he's scrutinized but it just adds fuel to the fire. As for him being the man... he may very well be "the man". Like most of the comments on this thread already pointed out, he's not known to be effective defensively. (that could very well be an understatment), but the fact is he's our main focus on offense, whether we like it or not. No one else on our team currently can supplant that position from him. We've seen glimpses here and there but so far, Bargs has been the focus and is more consistent than others. Until the coaching staff sees otherwise, Bargs is the focal point and should be considered the man, at least until Derozan grows into this role or who ever...

It's funny however, I don't read/hear any opposing coaches comment on his defense abilities and how it poses problems for their respective teams offensively... I'll have to look into that... Hehehe...
              #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Can somebody delete this thread?

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                  You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Can somebody delete this thread?
                  You have a french name....

Ow are you today? I think deez commentz ould look better at ome and not on dees web site board s'il vous plait

Comment

You have a french name....

Ow are you today? I think deez commentz ould look better at ome and not on dees web site board s'il vous plait
                    Quit being a dick and disrespectful. Your "Chris Bosh is gay" thread yesterday was over the line and now this. Grow up.

Comment

Bargs

What is the good of scoring 20 when you allow 25+ ? And a lot of those points he allows are when he takes himself out of the play allowing an easy layup or an easy putback because he can't /won't rebound. Those are the type of plays that take the heart out of a team.

Comment

Wow you people need to relax!

In case you forget Bargnani is only 15% of the way through his first season as being our go to player. I can't remember when Bosh was given the green light to become our go to player some year back but I can gurantee he wasn't as successful as Bargnani his first year being our "franchise player". I don't care which player you are but there is a huge adjusment curve from being a secondary player to a primary player and focal point of an offence. Those of you who keep bashing his defence need actually pay attention! Although I admit some games he might have a few breakdowns you must remember that firstly he expands a lot of energy on the offensive end, secondly as a centre he is responsible for helping on the pick and roll which takes him away from the basket most of time for all of you who bash his rebounding all the time. Thirdly he is probably one of the top centres when it comes to man to man defence. Finally, I beleive Bargnani will grow into the primary scorer that Colangelo invisioned when he drafted Bargnani, however it will take an adjustment period from everybody. The players need to learn his tendencies, the coaches need to call more plays which put him in the right situations and finally the fans needs to be patient.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Quit being a dick and disrespectful. Your "Chris Bosh is gay" thread yesterday was over the line and now this. Grow up.
                          With all due respect, the previous poster asked for my thread to be deleted, that is insulting.

RE- the Chris Bosh is gay thread you deleted, that is your right to do so. I thought it was a valid thread and an interesting dialogue ensued. I'm sorry if that one offended you Doc.

Comment

the "bosh is gay" thread was all kinds of awesome.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                              Wow you people need to relax!

In case you forget Bargnani is only 15% of the way through his first season as being our go to player. I can't remember when Bosh was given the green light to become our go to player some year back but I can gurantee he wasn't as successful as Bargnani his first year being our "franchise player". I don't care which player you are but there is a huge adjusment curve from being a secondary player to a primary player and focal point of an offence. Those of you who keep bashing his defence need actually pay attention! Although I admit some games he might have a few breakdowns you must remember that firstly he expands a lot of energy on the offensive end, secondly as a centre he is responsible for helping on the pick and roll which takes him away from the basket most of time for all of you who bash his rebounding all the time. Thirdly he is probably one of the top centres when it comes to man to man defence. Finally, I beleive Bargnani will grow into the primary scorer that Colangelo invisioned when he drafted Bargnani, however it will take an adjustment period from everybody. The players need to learn his tendencies, the coaches need to call more plays which put him in the right situations and finally the fans needs to be patient.
                              That is a very interesting point, with respect to being only 15% of the way into his tenure as "the man".

Comment

That is a very interesting point, with respect to being only 15% of the way into his tenure as "the man".

Hes been in the league 5 years and now were judging him on 12 games ? lol
                                So the last 4 years dont count ?

Even that being said he still stinks at critical things for his position...

L

Comment

Working...
                                X