OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    All this Melo talk should be in the Trade forum, I don't think there's ever even been a hint of a rumour that he'd be traded here. Besides, the proposal given on this thread is just ridiculous.
    which proposal you talking about?

Comment

Many seem to be forgetting that Bayless was drafted just two drafts ago. and has played behind guards like Blake, Miller, Fernandez, Roy and Chris Paul....meaning not enough minutes to really show his stuff. NO gave up a first for him (upto #7 protected). He was picked 11th overall and considered a steal at the time at that draft position. I believe he has yet to prove himself as a true PG but all indicators point to him being better defensively better than either JJ or Jose. Besides his contract is for this plus 1 so the risk is minimal and does not deter us drafting a pg high next draft. We werent going anywhere anyway with JJ. As I see it we come out ahead on the exchange of salary expirings as well and get a crunch time 3 pt. shooter for this season as a tease! Peja could also be traded at the deadline to a contender for the same purpose with at least a net of a low first rounder.
      I like the transaction.
      Last edited by Bendit; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
        which proposal you talking about?
        Yours...

Comment

Yours...
          lolll well i agree, but im assuming that melo doesnt want to stay and Denver will be forced to minimize losses. In an ideal situation id never propose such a trade.

Comment

All this Melo talk should be in the Trade forum, I don't think there's ever even been a hint of a rumour that he'd be traded here. Besides, the proposal given on this thread is just ridiculous.
            So true! Just because Masai was here? Melo is more likely to land in NO than TO...him and CP being tight and all. How NO can swing that is another question. David West maybe?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              So true! Just because Masai was here? Melo is more likely to land in NO than TO...him and CP being tight and all. How NO can swing that is another question. David West maybe?
              Question aren't bayless and barbosa very similar players? how will that effect rotations matchups etcc.. i dont see bayless or barbosa competing for sg minutes as w got weems kleiza and derozan splitting sg/sf minutes that leaves barbosa calderone and bayless how will this work out?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Are they trying to shed Jack's deal? Not sure how it makes them better...
                In a team that Barobosa is making 7, Kleiza is making 4 , AB is 10 and Amir is making 6, how much does JJ's contract of 5 million ties your hand for your future plans ??

BC has gone mad. I hope this deal does not go through.

Comment

Starting Lineup:

Calderon
                  Peja
                  Weems
                  Evans
                  Bargnani

Bench:

Barbosa
                  Derozan
                  Kleiza
                  Johnson
                  Davis

(I just read on Stein's Twitter that they have every intention of playing Peja. And I think they use Barbosa at backup PG, unless Barbosa gets the surgery and sits out the season.)

I also just read that Jarrett Jack and Chris Paul are great friends.... How many "Best Friends" can all these guys have?

Comment

Question aren't bayless and barbosa very similar players? how will that effect rotations matchups etcc.. i dont see bayless or barbosa competing for sg minutes as w got weems kleiza and derozan splitting sg/sf minutes that leaves barbosa calderone and bayless how will this work out?
                    Barobosa is a better passer and can run the PG much better than Bayless.

Comment

Would NJ be willing to give Favors up for a rental player??? Iv heard rumors he wont resign there ...
                      For Toronto and Denver the trade would be win win heres why.

Toronto would essentially only be giving up Alabi who we traded for a 2nd round pick,, plus evans whos we wont resign cuz of ed davis and amir.
                      Denver could get a replacement for kenyon martin in reggie..a potential solid defensive cnetre in alabi and a replacement for billups in bayless and first rounder if u ask me i think thats better than what NJ has to offer.

And so even if Anothony is just a rental for the end of th year we dont loose much, and we have a chance to compete this year.
                      I'm sorry, but this is an absolutely horrible, horrible trade for Denver and I thought I was making this clear. Reggie should never start on a good team, Alabi, at this point, has shown he's not going to be a solid anything and Bayless isn't a replacement for anyone. There's a half decent chance that neither Alabi nor Bayless will even be in the league in 2 years. And Denver already has Ty Lawson, who's light years better than Bayless, right now.

There are 28 other teams in the league that could and would give Denver a better deal for Anthony even if it's only for this year.

A couple of examples...

Houston trades Shane Battier, Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries and a draft pick for Anthony. Jeffries is an expiring contract, Battier would be a replacement for Anthony, or would have a lot of value in a trade, and Hill and the draft pick would help Denver rebuild.
                      Dallas trades Caron Butler, Alexis Ajinca, Rodrigue Beaubois, DeShawn Stevenson and a draft pick. Butler would replace Anthony and is an expiring contract. Ajinca and Beaubois have at least the potential of Alabi and Bayless, and Dallas adds a draft pick.

And that's just two teams that I hurt would be willing to "rent" Anthony.

In other words, the proposed trade would be laughed at by Denver.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                        Starting Lineup:

Calderon
                        Peja
                        Weems
                        Evans
                        Bargnani

Bench:

Barbosa
                        Derozan
                        Kleiza
                        Johnson
                        Davis
                        You are sending Demar to the bench in favour of Peja?! Peja hasn't been an NBA quality starter since 2008.

The starting line up is this:

Calderon
                        Derozan
                        Weems
                        Evans
                        Bargnani

Bayless
                        Peja
                        Kleiza
                        Amir
                        Dorsey

Injured: Barbosa, Davis

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          You are sending Demar to the bench in favour of Peja?! Peja hasn't been an NBA quality starter since 2008.

Calderon
                          Derozan
                          Weems
                          Evans
                          Bargnani

Bayless
                          Peja
                          Kleiza
                          Amir
                          Dorsey

BTW, Barbosa is back tomorrow versus the Celtics.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Calderon
                            Derozan
                            Weems
                            Evans
                            Bargnani

Bayless
                            Peja
                            Kleiza
                            Amir
                            Dorsey

There's no chance Peja is playing the two either off the bench or starting. The dude is 6'10" and an old man, teams would have a field day with that.

Barbosa is actually coming back tomorrow...

Comment

I love this New Orleans deal (bye bye Jack and Banks, D Andersen you played well

assuming there are no draft pics involved (maybe a 2nd rounder) this deal is amazing. This deal was set up by the fact that Colangelo got Andersen for peanuts and he played really well as a backup center. New Orleans needs a good backup center and a reliable backup point guard. Excellent deal for them too.
                              As for Toronto Jack, Banks and Andersen are not in their long term rebuilding plans. We get Jack's long term deal off the books. He was an overrated leader and Weems seems to be taking that role on and has a better relationship with Bargniani. This team plays better with a healthy Calderon running the show then Jack. I like Bayless, he's not there yet but he does have a lot of potential and will get plenty of opportunity to unseat Calderon as the starter if he plays really well. We need to get Dave Hopla back in toronto to work on his shot. Peja is all about his expiring contract and what can we get for him later. The rest of the TPE and his expiring contract give BC alot of room to make a deal for a star. Also we have room to resign Weems to a reasonable contract and go after the guy we really need Marc Gasol in the off season. I like it and as a bonus we can stop that stupid Jack to Miami chatter.
                              Rob

Comment

rockstar rob wrote: View Post
                                assuming there are no draft pics involved (maybe a 2nd rounder) this deal is amazing. This deal was set up by the fact that Colangelo got Andersen for peanuts and he played really well as a backup center. New Orleans needs a good backup center and a reliable backup point guard. Excellent deal for them too.
                                As for Toronto Jack, Banks and Andersen are not in their long term rebuilding plans. We get Jack's long term deal off the books. He was an overrated leader and Weems seems to be taking that role on and has a better relationship with Bargniani. This team plays better with a healthy Calderon running the show then Jack. I like Bayless, he's not there yet but he does have a lot of potential and will get plenty of opportunity to unseat Calderon as the starter if he plays really well. We need to get Dave Hopla back in toronto to work on his shot. Peja is all about his expiring contract and what can we get for him later. The rest of the TPE and his expiring contract give BC alot of room to make a deal for a star. Also we have room to resign Weems to a reasonable contract and go after the guy we really need Marc Gasol in the off season. I like it and as a bonus we can stop that stupid Jack to Miami chatter.
                                Rob
                                Looking through the free agents next offseason Gasol and Jeff Green were the only two that really jumped out at me in regards to who I'd like to see in a Raps uni. Gasol is restricted so Memphis would likely match any offer if they don't re-sign him before he gets to FA. But that would be a nice pairing for Bargs who could finally move to the 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X