Even though you hate him....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though you hate him....

I know there are a lot of people on this blog that hate Bargnani or his work ethic or something about his game and want him traded. However I would just like to ask the question. Who was the better first round pick? Greg Oden or Andrea Bargnani. One (at the time) would have been a more obvious pick but what do you think looking at wher epeople are today. Are you glad we picked who we did?

They weren't in the same draft so it doesn't really matter. Things would have been totally different had he been drafted by the Raptors. I'm sure not glad we picked who we did though.

Comment

if u were to combine both draft classes & im BC id be pickin Durant for sure..... if i knew what i know now back then it would still be durant & 2nd choice would be rondo. T.O has been lackin Guard Talent ever since VC became a drag queen. not sure why BC has always insisted on picking bigs. DD was they only exeption to it that i can think of since joining T.O

Comment

Actually, in 2006 when we won the #1 draft pick, we would have gotten Greg Oden had Stern not enforced the mandated 1yr in college / 19 yrs of age rule (correct me if I'm wrong). That year, Gregory Oden picked Ohio State University as his choice to play in the NCAA Division I basketball.
        #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

BC, I suspect, drafted Bargnani because he had concerns about Roy's health issues. I thought he had spoken of that shortly after the draft. To this day, I take Bargnani over Aldridge. Though to be fair, I'd take Rondo before them both now, even though I believe that he wouldn't have developed as he did on any other team but the Celtics.

Ed Davis was far and away the best available player according to projections.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
            Though to be fair, I'd take Rondo before them both now, even though I believe that he wouldn't have developed as he did on any other team but the Celtics.
            Yeah Rondo was thrusted into a situation where he was a rookie PG surronded by ALL STARS and the system so any other situation he would probably be considered as the next Ray Felton.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yeah Rondo was thrusted into a situation where he was a rookie PG surronded by ALL STARS and the system so any other situation he would probably be considered as the next Ray Felton.
              good point. on the other hand he may have been more agressive sooner in his career if he never had the big three around him aswell, he could have bloomed in his 2nd year instead of his 3rd or 4th. theres no argueing the fact hes a top 3 PG in the league right now though.
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                The all stars actually came in for his second season... A lot of people touted him for R.O.Y. when he came into the league, so at least some folks saw the potential. I believe he had some character issues or something back then though.

Comment

Rondo wouldn't have been the same player without KG, Ray Ray, Pierce and Doc.

Comment

Do you feel better about the draft the more irrelevant and illogical ways you try to justify it to ya self ?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      at this point rightt now Boston wouldnt be the same team without Rondo. from the celtics games ive seen the big three are Rondo's supporting cast not the other way around.

most players who start there career's in a locker room like that will try to fit in rather than dominate & i personally think Rondo could have Dominated sooner..

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        He might not have a ring on his finger, but you can't say he wouldn't be the same player cause we'll never know, it would just be opinions vs. opinions.

Great news for today: Rondo is a no go!

Comment

Rondo was picked 21st...obviously not on very many gms list and picked by Phoenix originally. He was considered not a very good shooter which is in fact still his weak point. This rear mirror wishful thinking really serves no purpose. Teams pick for need typically unless the available pick is so superior in talent you cannot pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X