Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now That The Guy Most Thought Would Become The Raptors Leader is Gone

who will become the Raptors leader?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

It's hard to say really, nobody that's left seems to have that strong personality. I'd say Jose though, he's the oldest(not that that always counts for anything but in this situation I think it does), longest tenured, and would be the best fit in my mind.
    Last edited by Mack North; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Reggie Evans has been the leader (a.k.a "The Godfather") so far this season.

Comment

Amir Johnson

Comment

I'm really liking the dynamic between Amir Johnson and Jose Calderon, and so I think that could lend some votes to Jose becoming the next leader.

But, practically speaking, we need Bargnani to be our leader, even if he makes us cringe when he takes that 40 foot (lol) 3 pointer....(i bet he thinks to himself, Toronto fans will really love me when I make that shot).

Comment

aduffie wrote: View Post
            But, practically speaking, we need Bargnani to be our leader, even if he makes us cringe when he takes that 40 foot (lol) 3 pointer....(i bet he thinks to himself, Toronto fans will really love me when I make that shot).
            With only couple of seconds on clock, actually was a pretty good decision, the ball hit the rim and Raptors got an offensive rebound. What is wrong with that play???

Comment

Reggie has been leading by example, and by the looks of it (calling the players-only meeting) the locker room as well. Hence, "The Godfather" reference. I think it's one of the major reasons he hasn't been traded by now. And I'm not sure it's a good idea to trade him anytime soon.

Jarrett talked the talk, but didn't really walk the walk. He often looked more like a guy trying to do everything on his own than demand better of his teammates, or try to make them better.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                It's hard to say really, nobody that's left seems to have that strong personality. I'd say Jose though, he's the oldest(not that that always counts for anything but in this situation I think it does), longest tenured, and would be the best fit in my mind.
                I agree. He plays the position as well which is a natural leadership position. Ironic isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                X