No announcement yet.

What a Win .... Take That Boston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooh! So that's why they gave Amir that contract!

Comment

WICKED GAME!

Im starting to notice Bargnani and Weems developing a nice one two punch. Bargnani abused the Celtics bigs all night and Weems used his speed and athleticism to bother allen and pierce.

Go Raps Go.

Comment

Where are the Amir haters?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Where are the Amir haters?

You don't want to jinx him
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I am looking forward to next week's game in Boston with the new guys but mostly to watch how the Raps compete because the Cs are going to remember this one.

Comment

Great team effort this afternoon, one for the vault. Personally I thought Barbosa did an exceptional job coming in, pushing the tempo, and playing the point. He also hid some of Demar's offensive deficiencies early in the game. In order for the Raptors to continue their stride. They need better production from Weems and DeRozan.

On a side note, since early this week, Bargnani has emerged as the focal point of this team. And boy has he done a great job. I'm glad we broke the eight game losing streak against Boston dating back to 2007. I'm sticking to my belief is that this Raptors squad is better than last years squad. It seems that with Bosh as our main option it caused the roster to become one dimensional. Therefore making it easier for other teams to know our game plan.

Now we're playing like a team... AND I LOVE IT!
              Lets keep the streak alive... GO RAPTORS GO!!
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Great team effort. Bargnani is definately earning his nomination to the all-star game ballot. I thought KG would bully him but it just goes to show you Bargs has the tools and talent to play up the competition. He's consistently doing well so far. As for Amir, and all the haters out there on him, I wouldn't classify them as "haters". Moreso, it just goes to show you that Amir, when playing smart and not getting too many ticky-tack fouls, he can alter the game. He plays so aggressive that he can't help but get those fouls.

The refs... though I thought they were an experienced bunched showed some questionable calls on both teams. Ah well, they do have one of the hardest jobs in professional sports, along with the Umps and Refs of the other sports league.

GO RAPS GO!
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

IM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW !!!! :@
                  i dont want raptors to win this whole season.
                  I WANT KYRIE IRVING OR HARRISON BARNES NOT A FIRST ROUND EXIT

Comment

Wtf is this, we need to be tanking; we're only a game back from the 8th seed.

That said, this was a glorious win. It doesn't matter whether they have Rondo out or not, they're still far more talented then we are.

Bargs is looking like he's starting to grow a bit more, this must be one of his more consistent stretches of play. Bosh always pussied out against the Celtics, but today Bargs took it right at KG. He looked godly at times.

What the hell does Amir need to do to get more PT? If he played more in the 3rd, that 17-3 Boston run would've been greatly lessened at the very least. They were completely ignoring Reggie as an offensive threat out there.

DD was disappointing today, he's still inconsistent. I thought he'd be able to run circles around Jesus today. Can we get English to work with him on his shot too...?

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
                      Most young teams get a first round exit the first time in the playoffs, can you say Thunder last season.

If this were an older team I might agree with you.

However it is a young team so they need to get that playoff experience, the sooner the better, no matter what the outcome the first time through.

BC is committed to building around the young guys that is obvious.

Experience is invaluable in making athletes better especially when they are young.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Most young teams get a first round exit the first time in the playoffs, can you say Thunder last season.

If this were an older team I might agree with you.

However it is a young team so they need to get that playoff experience, the sooner the better, no matter what the outcome the first time through.

BC is committed to building around the young guys that is obvious.

Experience is invaluable in making athletes better especially when they are young.
                        agreed but cant miss out on these wonderful young talent in the draft this year. how ever i am assuming raptors future pg is bayless and will draft barnes or jones.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                          Wtf is this, we need to be tanking; we're only a game back from the 8th seed.

That said, this was a glorious win. It doesn't matter whether they have Rondo out or not, they're still far more talented then we are.

Bargs is looking like he's starting to grow a bit more, this must be one of his more consistent stretches of play. Bosh always pussied out against the Celtics, but today Bargs took it right at KG. He looked godly at times.

What the hell does Amir need to do to get more PT? If he played more in the 3rd, that 17-3 Boston run would've been greatly lessened at the very least. They were completely ignoring Reggie as an offensive threat out there.

DD was disappointing today, he's still inconsistent. I thought he'd be able to run circles around Jesus today. Can we get English to work with him on his shot too...?
                          Amir's playing time is fine for now.

He still has to learn to play good defense more consistently without fouling.

Triano now has him finishing games which is a big step up.

Patience we shall see what happens

Comment

agreed but cant miss out on these wonderful young talent in the draft this year. how ever i am assuming raptors future pg is bayless and will draft barnes or jones.
                            Way to early to speculate on the 2011 draft.

For example the Bruins have a guy who if he continues to develop he could become one of if not the best players in college basketball this season and I don't mean Reeves Nelson who will probably be a first round pick.

Tyler Honeycutt has the ability to become the best player in the 2011 draft.

He can do it all now that he has added an outside shot to his arsenal including play tough defense

Right now he is averaging 16 PPG, 8 RPG and 3 + APG. He is a straight up SF at about 6'8"

To put his assists in perspective Russell Westbrook averaged only 4 APG in his last season at UCLA.

So for a SF to get 3 + APG in the Howland system which is pretty off the charts.
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Way to early to speculate on the 2011 draft.

For example the Bruins have a guy who if he continues to develop he could become one of if not the best players in college basketball this season and I don't mean Reeves Nelson who will probably be a first round pick.

Tyler Honeycutt has the ability to become the best player in the 2011 draft.

He can do it all now that he has added an outside shot to his arsenal including play tough defense

Right now he is averaging 16 PPG, 8 RPG and 3 + APG. He is a straight up SF at about 6'8"

To put his assists in perspective Russell Westbrook averaged only 4 APG in his last season at UCLA.

So for a SF to get 3 + APG in the Howland system which is pretty off the charts.
                              i seen his game, not really surprising

Comment

I'm embarrassed for you after that comment

Comment

Working...
                                X