No announcement yet.

What a Win .... Take That Boston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game but Calderon's defence was tremendously exposed by Robinson. The difference this year it seems that the team can cope albeit not much when perimeter defense collapses as a result of Jose's inability to guard quicker guards. I know that to a certain extent, it's a bit overblown (Derek Fisher is one of the worst at that position and the Lakers are the defending champs). The key to continue their success is truly working together as a team. Gone are the big egos (see Jack, Hedo and Bosh), the Euro vs. the American factions of the team.

If BC can parlay Peja into something come trade deadline then he's on track to follow Presti and what he's done in OKC. Young guys, fast guys, cheap guys. Also, this PG tandem will continue to chug along with Bayless running alongside Barbosa while Calderon runs along with Weems and DD. Speed kills. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this is the most "fun to watch" Raps team ever.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
      i seen his game, not really surprising
      Living in Los Angeles and being a Bruins alumnus, sort of if you count their evening Extension program from which I have an advanced degree, I try and watch all the Bruins mens basketball games and as many of their other sports teams as I can catch on TV.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Best part of the game was Amir elbowing Garnett in the chin, too bad he didnt connect any harder... Nice to see somebody standing up forthemselves and not running away like bosh would have done.

Comment

iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
          Best part of the game was Amir elbowing Garnett in the chin, too bad he didnt connect any harder... Nice to see somebody standing up forthemselves and not running away like bosh would have done.
          +1

I'm really getting past Bosh now. Not much hate for the guy, more grateful. The games this season are awesome to watch (minus Washington and I didn't catch most of the west coast games - just highlights and write ups). Having him here this season would have been awful to watch (give him the ball, hold, hold, hold, jump shot) - especially considering he woudl have been on a max deal.

Comment

iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
            KG got a solid elbow the to the top his head in their last game vs the Thunder. He had knot up there about the size of a big plum

It seems that the players around the league have had enough of his trash talking sheet, after the CV thing.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him continue to get some good pain laid on him going forward around the whole league.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              KG got a solid elbow the to the top his head in their last game vs the Thunder. He had knot up there about the size of a big plum

It seems that the players around the league have had enough of his trash talking sheet, after the CV thing.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him continue to get some good pain laid on him going forward around the whole league.
              +1 again.

It would seem word is getting around that his bark is far worse than his bite. In fact, if you smack him back he essentially turtles.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                This is way too sweet, and what a game. Alls I have to say is where are all the Raptors naysayers, Bargnani/Triano/Colangelo haters at now?
                Exactly...It's sweet to win and even sweeter to shut the haters up!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  Great team effort this afternoon, one for the vault. Personally I thought Barbosa did an exceptional job coming in, pushing the tempo, and playing the point. He also hid some of Demar's offensive deficiencies early in the game. In order for the Raptors to continue their stride. They need better production from Weems and DeRozan.

On a side note, since early this week, Bargnani has emerged as the focal point of this team. And boy has he done a great job. I'm glad we broke the eight game losing streak against Boston dating back to 2007. I'm sticking to my belief is that this Raptors squad is better than last years squad. It seems that with Bosh as our main option it caused the roster to become one dimensional. Therefore making it easier for other teams to know our game plan.

Now we're playing like a team... AND I LOVE IT!
                  Lets keep the streak alive... GO RAPTORS GO!!
                  Bargnani became the focal point of the team the minute Rupaul left. Now he is starting to silence his critics but of course unless he gets 15 rebounds a game all those haters/losers will never be satisfied...

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
                    IM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW !!!! :@
                    i dont want raptors to win this whole season.
                    I WANT KYRIE IRVING OR HARRISON BARNES NOT A FIRST ROUND EXIT
                    This team is continuing to prove that they can hang and even beat the big boys. Colangelo and Triano are building a winning organization and true team mentality. Slowly but surely the Raps will start to silence the critics that wrote this team off after Rupaul decided to leave and be Lebron and Wade's bitch. The new and brighter Era has begun and Bryan still has the TPE and draft picks next year plus expirings. Winning now is the only thing that matters...

Comment

I am with ROO on this one all the way- win now, win often, win big. anyone who wants to lose is a loser go sit in a bathtub and cry over some emo music and incense you douchebags

Comment

....while watching chris bosh's

Comment

lets get a performance like that again on friday

Comment

WOOOOOOOOO

Okay, I got a few things to say.

1) Doc, what happened to the game previews and all? I really like it

2) Why should we tank? Play-offs would not give us a bit of credibility, it would also give the NBA an extra reason to keep the Raptors franchise

3) I love me some Amir Johnson late free-throws

4) Bargnani has scored 26+ points for 3 games straight, and he went to the line as many times as Pierce. Also, he was once again the best starter on the court, only starter with a positive +/-. Also, the two Bs have been awesome (Bargnani and bench)

5) Does anyone find it strange, Amir's free-throw shooting percentage is higher than Bargnani's who is considered a really good free-throw shooter...

6) We won 3 in a row.

7) Our 3 point streak continues.

8) I'm just a happy guy

Comment

I just wanted to point out an observation.

After the first half ended as the Raptors players and personnel were walking through the tunnel to their locker room they were all walking single file except for Johnson and Calderon who were walking next to one another and talking.

I don't think they were planning dinner.

That conversation if it was game related could have made the difference in the game.
                              Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 11:50 PM.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                1) Doc, what happened to the game previews and all? I really like it
                                Didn't really draw alot of interest so I canned them.

Comment

Working...
                                X