Raptors Salary 2011-2012 = 50 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    wanted to point out that just because we got peja's $15 million coming off the books after this season, it doesnt necessarily mean we are $15 million under the cap like some would have you believe.
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Nowhere did I type $41.6M.

IF Barbosa opted out the Raptors would be looking at a payroll of $37.5M. Resign for $5M a year - hypothetically - and $42.5. Sign Weems for$4-5M per season - hypothetical - and you're looking at $47.5M (average of what said) toss in 2 first round draft picks (lets say $4M and $2M), $53.5M - again hypothetical.

I'm missing the point here though. I think it is because you're original point was flawed and others, myself included, jumped on it. Most likely this was done from the antagonizing and sarcastic posts you've made to others, myself included.

If you put in all your hypotheticals, yes the Raptors are around $50M but no reference was made to that in your original post and as of now, the Raptors are only on the hook for $45M next season which is $5M less than they were before the Peja trade.

Please do not reply with, "You're an idiot and should have been able to understand what I was typing eventhough my point was not made clear."
    you must be out of your mind if you think my OP was flawed... in fact i said 50 mil, your number of 53 million is even higher...

Comment

you must be out of your mind if you think my OP was flawed... in fact i said 50 mil, your number of 53 million is even higher...
      Everything is hypothetical. Picks could be traded, Weems might get an offer elsewhere and go, Barbosa may or may not opt out.As of now the Raptors are on the hook for $45M next season, not $50M. They could be on the hook for $60 after the trade deadline. Your facts are correct guessing what will happen going forward but for what is actually owing next year, now, you are incorrect. The issue about the $45M is flexibility. Until things actually happen their salary for next season is $45M.

Comment

im looking at two different web sites that show $50 mil...
        One of the most respected NBA focused hoops sites in the world suggests Tim is right and so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he's correct and you are not:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

i dont know where you're getting your $45 million from and at this point i really dont care.
        You should because how can you possibly hope to carry out a good discussion while ignoring the facts?

Also see:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          One of the most respected NBA focused hoops sites in the world suggests Tim is right and so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he's correct and you are not:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

You should because how can you possibly hope to carry out a good discussion while ignoring the facts?

Also see:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165
          yes there are a million hypotheticals out there. but we dont need to discuss every single one...

hoopshype doesnt add the salaries of the 2 1st round picks.

yes they could be traded, yes barbosa could opt out, but as of right now. if ur BC, you're looking at roughly 50 milion in player salaries for 2011-2012.

Comment

Actually Barbosa's contract is included in the $45M and you can't add in draft choice salaries without knowing where the team is picking or if they're even keeping the picks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Actually Barbosa's contract is included in the $45M and you can't add in draft choice salaries without knowing where the team is picking or if they're even keeping the picks.
              that's why i said "roughly"

you take the average lottery pick's salary, and the average 16-30th pick's salary and it "roughly" adds up to $5 million.

you can disagree with this all you want, but i think you have to admit, that it is much more effective to make projections about next year's salary with as much information as we have.

Comment

you can disagree with this all you want, but i think you have to admit, that it is much more effective to make projections about next year's salary with as much information as we have.

You can disagree all you want but when GM's, sports writers, bloggers, NBA-dedicated websites, and most fans discuss payroll and future salary cap projections, the things you are speaking of are not included. If you want to discuss those or include them, go ahead, but your original post made no mention of these things and, as mentioned at the start, future payroll numbers by most fans, writers and GM's do not take in to account future draft picks or possible deals for free agents. Also you initially stated that you checked 2 websites that said $50M - please provide the links.

Comment

Working...
                X