not that anyone is counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not that anyone is counting...

am i right that we have the same number of wins against over .500 teams as Miami??

Actually you're wrong. Toronto has two wins against above .500 teams. Miami only has one- Orlando.

That does not look good for Miami, does it?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Miami soap opera is starting to peak my interest. Haslem's now out with an injury. I would love to see an implosion on the same scale as a black hole. Goodness knows the mass of LBJ's ego could cause some sort of quantum singularity.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

LOL. I'm quite happy to see Miami fall like this, especially after all the 70 win crap. Good to see them fall back onto earth, but I think that they will surely bounce back. I knew they wouldn't get 70 wins, but they are still a great team, give them time... They will just get better as the season progresses. The only thing is that they have 3 key players injured, and a less than decent bench... Is Dampier going to the Heat, especially with Haslem injured...

Comment

Miami will definately be good. It may not be this year, but it will definately come. Who really cares, I don't think we ever won against Boston with Bosh..

Comment

I don't think Miami will ever be good. There is no cap room with the three stooges so there will never be anyone to complement them. No real point guard or center. Then on top of that you have to put bench players down. The only way they could do it is with the draft but i don't see them ever being in the lottery. They are a good team but they will never be a great team.

Comment

The question really is can they overcome the 2 glaring deficiencies ...lack of a good point guard and tough mobile interior presence?

LJ has already gone on rcord saying that he doesnt want to play the point and Mr. Bosh is not the tough interior presence.... and the only way to acquire new (and good) talent for them is via trade of one of their "jewels".

Who do you think that is likely to be?

Comment

The Heat "superteam" isn't that super. They have 3 great players, but no one else. But if they get desperate they can always trade Bosh!

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Miami will ever be good. There is no cap room with the three stooges so there will never be anyone to complement them. No real point guard or center. Then on top of that you have to put bench players down. The only way they could do it is with the draft but i don't see them ever being in the lottery. They are a good team but they will never be a great team.
                  What? WHy do they need a lottery pick? There's a good chance they'll sign Dampier, who is still a good defensive presence, and if there is still a MLE after the new CBA, they can easily use it to spend on a good PG for next season. The already have Mike Miller, who is injured, and Udonis Haslem, who is now also injured. Miami is not nearly as bad as they appear now, and with another piece or two, they'll be a lot better. Besides, it's more chemistry they lack, not talent. I think you're vastly underestimating the talent Miami has.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

A few years back, Lebron led the cavs to the finals BY HIMSELF. I think they'll be just fine once they get some chemistry.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                      The Miami soap opera is starting to peak my interest. Haslem's now out with an injury. I would love to see an implosion on the same scale as a black hole. Goodness knows the mass of LBJ's ego could cause some sort of quantum singularity.
                      There's talk that LeBron is moving to PF!!! Where does that leave Boshy Bosh!!! Unless, they want to get Evans from us and we get Joel Anthony from them. Hey, does that even work in the trade machine???
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                        That and the fact they have like no draft picks, they gave us back our pick and their first rounder and I believe they another 2 first rounders to Cavs.

Edit: They give up 2013 and 2017 first rounder and 2012 Hornets 2nd rounder and a future Thunder 2nd rounder. I guess they can get someone the year after next year...
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Grrr wrote: View Post
                          am i right that we have the same number of wins against over .500 teams as Miami??
                          Miami is going to pull it together though. You can't roll with three guys on that level and not find some success.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            There's talk that LeBron is moving to PF!!! Where does that leave Boshy Bosh!!! Unless, they want to get Evans from us and we get Joel Anthony from them. Hey, does that even work in the trade machine???
                            That would probably mean Bosh would move to center. He's had a few good games lately.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              That and the fact they have like no draft picks, they gave us back our pick and their first rounder and I believe they another 2 first rounders to Cavs.

Edit: They give up 2013 and 2017 first rounder and 2012 Hornets 2nd rounder and a future Thunder 2nd rounder. I guess they can get someone the year after next year...
                              What does a team like Miami need with low draft picks? They can easily pick up some good veterans, and did over the summer. Both Mike Miller and Eddie House signed with them. Next summer, they'll probably add a couple more. I think you're vastly underestimating how talented the team is.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X