Just in case you didn't know, Bosh's hometown Mavs highly interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case you didn't know, Bosh's hometown Mavs highly interested

There is at least one player who could significantly help the Mavericks’ quest for a championship: Toronto Raptors forward (and Dallas native) Chris Bosh(notes).

There has been speculation Bosh could be moved before the trade deadline if the Raptors feel they have no way of re-signing the coveted free agent next summer. An NBA source with knowledge of Toronto’s plans told Yahoo! Sports that Raptors officials are still hopeful the team will improve enough to convince Bosh to re-sign. That didn’t stop Nowitzki from chatting up Bosh when both visited South Africa with the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders program.

“I was like, ‘So, you coming back to Dallas?’ ” Nowitzki said. “He just said he doesn’t know and everything was so wide open to him.
    Yahoo Sports

Oh boy, these nba types are just so talkative arent they. Go all the way to SA and miss the safaris or their fabulous wine country and great beaches ...to have a pow wow on free agency!
    I'd like to know how a Nowitzki and a Bosh co-exist on one team. Who's going to play the 5? Who's going to be the "man"? Maybe we just do a S&T of Dirk and Chris?

Comment

makes absolutely no sense why Dallas would sign Bosh.

Comment

I think it makes total sense. They're better with him than without him.

Comment

The Mavs dont have the resources for a trade with the Raptors and the cap space in the offseason if they just want to sign him outright. The Raptors would be fools to agree to any sign and trade with any team because it takes over their most valuable bargaining chip (extra 30 million dollars offered)

Comment

Was it just me or did anybody else get the sense that Colangelo didn't seem too worried about the possibility of Bosh just walking and was happy to get the cap space?

Comment

No, you aren't alone
              I also think that if CB4 decide to leave the best option for Toronto is to have the cap space available and use it on a 9 m$ SG and a 8 m$ Big

Comment

ska wrote: View Post
                No, you aren't alone
                I also think that if CB4 decide to leave the best option for Toronto is to have the cap space available and use it on a 9 m$ SG and a 8 m$ Big
                If Bosh walks, the Raps will have $46,326,150 committed to salaries in 2010-2011, barring any trades. The salary cap will likely be between $53-$58 million, depending on the economy. That means that if Bosh walks without a sign and trade, the Raptors would only have between $7-12 million to sign other team's players. And if Bosh were to walk, the Raps would need to re-sign Amir Johnson, though I imagine that they could try to do that later on in free agency, as teams can re-sign their own players and just need to worry about staying under the luxury tax level.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                  If Bosh walks, the Raps will have $46,326,150 committed to salaries in 2010-2011, barring any trades. The salary cap will likely be between $53-$58 million, depending on the economy. That means that if Bosh walks without a sign and trade, the Raptors would only have between $7-12 million to sign other team's players. And if Bosh were to walk, the Raps would need to re-sign Amir Johnson, though I imagine that they could try to do that later on in free agency, as teams can re-sign their own players and just need to worry about staying under the luxury tax level.
                  I would have no issue trading Bosh for multiple first round picks as long as we use them.

BTW, any word on when Colangelo's going to use that Miami money to buy draft picks? Yeah, didn't think so.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I think it makes total sense. They're better with him than without him.
                    Not really. As the saying goes "too many cooks in the kitchen"...it makes absolutely no sense for them to acquire Bosh unless Dirk is moved. This is similar, but not on the same level of Chicago acquiring Wade in the off-season. A Wade-Rose backcourt is retarded. The only way that would be effective/successful would be if the NBA allowed Chicago to play with 2 basketballs.

Bosh going to Dallas would pretty much put him in the same situation he's in in Toronto.
                    Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Dec 23, 2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X