Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Actual Facts About Bayless' Assists Without The Smell Test or Seeing Eye Dog Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Actual Facts About Bayless' Assists Without The Smell Test or Seeing Eye Dog Test

Since the podcast mentioned at least one set of numbers I will also present at least one set of numbers

Bayless is averaging 13.5 mpg

Of all players in the NBA averaging 15 mpg or less Bayless is #2 in Assists Per Game.

He is ahead of

Jeff Teague
    C.J. Watson
    M. Chalmers
    A.C. Law

among others.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_by=ast_per_g

If you raise it to players who are playing between 20 – 25 mpg vs Bayless 13.5 mpg Bayless is ranked 8th in the NBA is Assists Per Game

He is ahead of these 20 – 25 mpg guys in Assists Per Game

Eric Maynor
    Steve Blake
    Will Bynum
    Earl Watson
    S. Livingston

among others

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_by=ast_per_g

Now, compare Bayless Assists per 36 minutes with some other NBA Point Guards.

2010-11 Numbers
    ----------------------
    Bayless 6.8 Assists per 36 Minutes.
    Collison 5.1 Assists per 36 Minutes

Bayless is also a year younger than Collison

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...collida01.html

Over his two plus seasons in the NBA his Assists per 36 Minutes have continued to go up.

08-09------4.4
    09-10------4.7
    10-11------6.8

Will they continue to go up?

Compare Bayless Assists per Game at Age 22 which he is with Calderon at 24 and Billups at 22

Calderon----7.0
    Bayless------6.8 so far in 10-11
    Billups-------4.2

Now lets look at Calderon and Billups best in their career year Assists Per 36 Minutes.

Calderon's career best-------9.8
    Billups' career best----------8.6

Will Bayless Assists per 36 Minutes continue to go up to 10 or more?

Will Bayless Assists per Game eventually get to 10 or more?

Only time will tell what the facts will be.

People can cut this upside down, inside out, left to right, right to left top to bottom, bottom to top or diagonal and even give it the smell test and seeing eye dog test, but what I presented are the facts.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 08:12 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Im a gigantic Bayless fan so you're not going to get much of an argument out of me.

With that being said...let's just wait for it.

I just happen to have a feeling we are going to be very very pleased w what we see.

But i also wouldn't be surprised if Bayless wasn't a bargaining chip for Nash. I assume this because I've heard Bayless and his family have been friends with the Gentry's as well as the Colangelo's for quite some time.

This kid was the biggest deal in phx bball since Mike Bibby. And I think most of my friends back in phx would be very eager to get their hands on him.
    Last edited by bearvon; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

bearvon wrote: View Post
      But i also wouldn't be surprised if Bayless wasn't a bargaining chip for Nash.
      Why would the Raps want Nash??? They are rebuilding, and Nash is O-L-D. I love the guy, and he is a great player, but it makes no sense to trade for him. Phoenix would want some valuable assets in return (Bayless and others), and Toronto would be stuck in that no-man's land of not rebuliding and not contending...like it has been the past few years.

So everyone cut the talk of trading for veteran players. Lets see BC use expiring contracts and useful vets (Peja, Reggie) to trade for developing young players and draft picks. And we should be eating some bad vet contracts (a la OKC) that net some good picks in return.

Comment

I don't think this specific team needs Nash. But the team does need to fill seats and draw up excitement.

Comment

Im a gigantic Bayless fan so you're not going to get much of an argument out of me.

With that being said...let's just wait for it.

I just happen to have a feeling we are going to be very very pleased w what we see.

But i also wouldn't be surprised if Bayless wasn't a bargaining chip for Nash. I assume this because I've heard Bayless and his family have been friends with the Gentry's as well as the Colangelo's for quite some time.

This kid was the biggest deal in phx bball since Mike Bibby. And I think most of my friends back in phx would be very eager to get their hands on him.
          As much as I want to laugh at this post, there's this tingling sensation on the back of my neck that indicates that there's something up BC's sleeve. I just have this feeling.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            As much as I want to laugh at this post, there's this tingling sensation on the back of my neck that indicates that there's something up BC's sleeve. I just have this feeling.
            Ok. But i do hope you can differentiate between "i wouldn't be surprised" and "you can take it to the bank.".

I also *hope* that BC let's this current roster play out a little.

Comment

I have never watched Bayless play, and many have told me he is like Jack, a 2 in a PGs body. But these stats are nice to see, I think we'll soon find out if he is a good passer, or at least a decent one.

Comment

Stop the insanity!!!!!

I don't think this specific team needs Nash. But the team does need to fill seats and draw up excitement.
                Nash is old. You really think management is that incompetent that they would sell the future on the premise of adding more seats this season? In the process they would be dooming the franchise for years and reducing attendance they next 3 years.

Also, what makes you think Nash wants to come here? (Non-rhetorical question)

He wants to win a championship or at least have chance. This team does not, right now.

Nash does not live in Toronto or even Canada during the off-season. He lives in NYC. What makes you think someone from Victoria holds Toronto in such a fond place in their heart that they would forego a chance in win in the dying years of their career to come here?

We need young players with their best years ahead of them, not greybeards who reaching the end of their careers.

Comment

Thank you Buddahfan, you have just made me feel slightly better about our pg situation going forward.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'm not a big stats guy. I like watching games and drawing conclusions from what I see. I pay attention to stats but don't go out of way to do a lot of research. That's why I appreciate when posters like Buddhafan take the time and bring to light statistics that are interesting, relevant and timely.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

The assists numbers mean nothing. Toronto's playstyle does not influence pg ast numbers in the slightest and when combined with our lack of shooting ability just adds more to the fact. At this point all we can rely on bayless to provide is a quicker, bigger, and younger body over jack.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                        The assists numbers mean nothing. Toronto's playstyle does not influence pg ast numbers in the slightest and when combined with our lack of shooting ability just adds more to the fact. At this point all we can rely on bayless to provide is a quicker, bigger, and younger body over jack.
                        I think you have a hole in your screen door.

4sure

Say what?

On second thought I think you have two big holes in your screen door.

The flag is up

I don't think that is funny

Buddahfan that is your lowest shot yet

Yea, yea it is
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Here are some more facts

2007-08 was the last college year for Bayless at Arizona and Westbrook at UCLA

Bayless was a freshman and Westbrook a sophomore

Bayless
                          ------------
                          MPG----35.7
                          PPG----19.7
                          APG-----4.0
                          PPP-----1.57 PPP = Points per possession

Westbrook
                          ----------------
                          MPG----33.8
                          PPG----12.7
                          APG-----4.3
                          PPP-----1.27

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36075

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=31663

Comment

OK Buddha, it seems you're quite high on Bayless. But knowing your man-crush on Amir, who'd you rather ....?
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

hope Jay will leave Jerryd in the pitch at least 20 mpg
                              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                              X