PEJA - Raptors-Thunder-Clippers-Bobcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEJA - Raptors-Thunder-Clippers-Bobcats

I love the trade machine - especially when the Raps don't play for 2 nights.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2cjn68t

BC already said if Peja doesn't like his role they would trade him or buy him out - I vote trade.

Bobcats - get a PG and C. They need to do something if they hope to repeat last year's playoff appearance. They are weak at C and PG.

Thunder - 6-1 with Ibaka in starting line-up, he may have arrived as Green does not appear to be part of the future for this team (this is just my opinion). Kaman is an upgrade over Kristic. Diaw gives depth at 3 and 4 off the bench.

LAC - Gain extreme flexibility moving forward as they are the worst team in the league with over $60M tied up in Davis and Kaman over the next 3 seasons for Davis and 2 seasons for Kaman.

Raptors - Get T'Wolves 1st round pick from LAC. Get Green, wing of future, and RFA so chance to match any contract during offseason. This a good way for Mo Pete to end his career where he started and to this day is still a fan favourite - it also doesn't hurt he is an expiring contract.

I think everyone gains in this. What do you think?

Raps 'new' team is looking like:

PG: Calderon, Barbosa, Bayless
    SG: DD, Weems, Mo'Pete
    SF: Green, Kleiza, Wright
    PF: Evans, Davis, Dorsey
    C: Bargnani, Johnson, Alabi

Comment

You're on this Green to Toronto thing, aren't ya? I don't mind it a bit. In the end though, I can see Green re-upping for about 10 mil a season.

Comment

Of course too, it depends on how Kaman plays when he comes back from his injury.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          You're on this Green to Toronto thing, aren't ya? I don't mind it a bit. In the end though, I can see Green re-upping for about 10 mil a season.
          I do like Green - guilty.

I'm not sure though. Ibaka looks like the real deal and he will need to be paid when his time comes. Westbrook also is going to be a MAX player for sure. His numbers are almost identical to Lebron's this year.

That said, I can see OKC re-signing him but if they could address their weaknesses (C) it would be pretty tempting for Presti, I think.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Of course too, it depends on how Kaman plays when he comes back from his injury.
            Agreed.

Assuming Kaman gets back to last year's form, I think this is a great deal for all.

Comment

Clippers wouldn't want Diop, his deal is 2 yrs + player option, so essentially a 3 yr deal. They might do it for Nazr Mohammed which is an expiring though

Comment

love this trade more. you're a guru with the trade machine hey?

i totally agree with matt on getting green. the thunder aren't likely to resign him i don't think, they need to save money for guys like westbrook. we'd get a talented sf who can defend and score. and we could put him out at the pf if we wanted to go small and run.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                  Clippers wouldn't want Diop, his deal is 2 yrs + player option, so essentially a 3 yr deal. They might do it for Nazr Mohammed which is an expiring though
                  Good point. That is something I struggled with as well. But his deal at 3 more years and $20M might be easier to handle than Davis' at 3years and $40M - especially with Bledsoe waiting in the wings.

Comment

I took a look at the OKC TrueHoop blog. The comment section is filled with fans looking to trade Jeff Green for a C or a true/traditional PF. Kind of funny how every team's fans are always looking to get rid of someone to (hopefully) improve.

Keep in mind the Thunder are one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league and they do line up pretty small compared to the Lakers.

There was another interesting idea in the comments that I had not thought of: what if Collison was signed to his extension for the purpose of trading? He is a good rotational big man, his contract is worth $13.3M this season, and next season the contract starts at around $3M and goes down to around $2M over 4 years. This is a very easy contract to take on.

OKC also had around $12M in expiring contracts with Mo'Pete and Kristic. They also have their own draft pick and 2012 LAC (top 10 protected until 2016 when no protection).

The time between now and the trade deadline should be very interesting.

Comment

I would rather make this trade with the clippers where,

Clippers get:
                      Peja stojakovic
                      Miami's first round
                      trade exception

Toronto gets:
                      Baron Davis
                      LAC 1st round

The owner and davis already hate each other. This would get rid of davis from the owner's way. Also it would free up a lot of space so that LAC can get a shot at signing legit a free agent like Carmelo. It would immediately make their team amazing.

Comment

john wrote: View Post
                        I would rather make this trade with the clippers where,

Clippers get:
                        Peja stojakovic
                        Miami's first round
                        trade exception

Toronto gets:
                        Baron Davis
                        LAC 1st round

The owner and davis already hate each other. This would get rid of davis from the owner's way. Also it would free up a lot of space so that LAC can get a shot at signing legit a free agent like Carmelo. It would immediately make their team amazing.
                        The TPE is not big enough and why would you want to use it when the contracts match up anyways?
                        Baron Davis is the worst contract in the league.
                        You are essentially taking on a around $14M over the next 3 seasons for a high first round draft pick.
                        Toronto would be in the same boat as WSH this year with Arenas - except Arenas can actually play.

Comment

why would the bobcats do this trade ?

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
                            History of GM and Jackson with Davis, hope Davis could return to his former self, Kristic would be an improvement to C position.

HOWEVER this trade idea is nearly a month old and the Cats are shopping Wallace and Jackson - supposedly.

I would consider this trade/thread to be much more irrelavent than it orginally was.

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
                              the bobcats aren't happy with dj as their starting point guard. The guys gritty but doesn't give the same offensive fire that raymond felton did for them. Gerald wallace won't light up the score board for them. By no means am i saying he's a bad player. Jackson is having issues with the coach this season and won't lead the team offensively by himself. This gives them a solid point guard who can score for them

Comment

Working...
                              X