Win or stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win or stats

After posting a thread about rebounding i have a question to ask my fellow fansss?

Whats more important Bargnani averaging a 24 and 10 seaon (like the previous franchise player) no play off or

averaging 25 and 5 and make them

if they're winning, i'll take a 10 & 2 from him, and not whine about it at all.

Comment

Wins baby, wins.

We should've got rid of that stat padder Bosh along time ago and got back some valuable pieces for him.

All fans wanna see a winning team. I'm sure the Clippers' fans wouldnt mind trading stat-man Blake Griffin in exchange for making it to basketball in May.

Comment

Winning cures all ills.

Toronto wins, players will come.

Toronto wins, the calls to move the franchise or contract the franchise stops.

Toronto wins, Bargnani can start the healing healing process of the whipping wounds.

Comment

I didn't realize it was a choice between one or the other.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Toronto wins, the calls to move the franchise or contract the franchise stops.
            Huh? What calls are there to move or contract one of the more financially successful franchises in the league, in one of the most desirable markets in the league?

I'm sorry to be harsh here, but this is an incredibly ignorant comment made with obviously zero information.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              Wins baby, wins.

We should've got rid of that stat padder Bosh along time ago and got back some valuable pieces for him.

All fans wanna see a winning team. I'm sure the Clippers' fans wouldnt mind trading stat-man Blake Griffin in exchange for making it to basketball in May.
              I'm curious.....how can a player "pad" scoring stats if they don't take a lot of shots?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Well when we are winnig but i see people whining about a 2 rebound game from bargs i find it really negative and un nessessary if we lose fine if we win please......

Comment

I'm with you Tim. It is all about effort. Winners find a way to win regardless of stats and it is because of effort! This has to include defines too.

Comment

Huh? What calls are there to move or contract one of the more financially successful franchises in the league, in one of the most desirable markets in the league?

I'm sorry to be harsh here, but this is an incredibly ignorant comment made with obviously zero information.
                    I think what he's saying is the more we lose, the more fans are going to get less interested in the sport, less attendance, less profits, more calls to move the team somewhere. Not that its going to happen overnight, but it could in the long run.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                      I'm curious.....how can a player "pad" scoring stats if they don't take a lot of shots?
                      actually, bosh took a lot of shots last year, if you dont count the games where they were blown out and he sat down early, or when they blew out a team and he sat early, youd probably see his stats up to 23-25 shots per game and for me thats a lot.

However, its a 50/50 thing, because all the games he attempted more than 20 shots, half of which they won, and half they lost.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        if they're winning, i'll take a 10 & 2 from him, and not whine about it at all.
                        exactly. i think what people still fail to see is that we are the only ones, the fans, who are putting the franchise player label on bargnani. he said it himself in an arena link interview after the celtics game, they dont have superstars like garnett, allen and pierce but they just play hard. ive surrendered to the fact that andrea is not yet capable of being our franchise player but really, everybody should not care about who it should be, as long as theyre winning, and working on a plan (cap space, youth movement) leading to success in the future.

Comment

Win or lose, good stats or bad, I just want to see some entertaining games, solid effort put in by the team and to see young players start to develop their game and make progress. And sweet Jesus, not another thread about Bargnani's rebounding.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
                            After posting a thread about rebounding i have a question to ask my fellow fansss?

Whats more important Bargnani averaging a 24 and 10 seaon (like the previous franchise player) no play off or

averaging 25 and 5 and make them
                            it's pretty obvious.

hedo turkoglu ignored when winning, when we weren't we tore him apart.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              actually, bosh took a lot of shots last year, if you dont count the games where they were blown out and he sat down early, or when they blew out a team and he sat early, youd probably see his stats up to 23-25 shots per game and for me thats a lot.

However, its a 50/50 thing, because all the games he attempted more than 20 shots, half of which they won, and half they lost.
                              I think he took roughly 16 shots a game. 2 more than Andrea last year and I believe less than Andrea is taking now. Is Andrea a stat padder because he's taking a lot more shots? I don't think he is.

Unless you're a volume shooter I never understood how you could be considered a 'stat padder'.

For rebounds, going to get the ball is going to get the ball. I don't believe in 'stealing' someone's rebounds. Is Reggie Evans a stat padder because he will fight to get the ball with any other player including his teammates? I don't think so.....he just has a greater desire to go get the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X